Fredette Not a Good Fit for Pacers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can we stop with the Jimmer debates lol.
At this point, you are debating nothing. Let the kid get into the league then argue bout how good or bad he is.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yeah interviews. The Pacers should draft him because he interviews well. /sarcasm

If Indy takes him it's just the Larry Bird effect haha. He loves the whities.
Omg I was going to say this!!! +1 rep

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doesn't matter who you guys will take, your not NBA GMs lol.

Pacers, Jazz, Knicks, Suns, ROckets, all those teams and even the ones after them will take Jimmer over Brooks.

Because everyone is talking about Jimmer being such a great shooter, it must hurt for the Redick crowd (such as yourself)....
Honestly, I don't see why you like Jimmer so much. He will not be a favorite of any head coach that favors defense first (which is most).

Jimmer will struggle to gain minutes his rookie season, and yes Brooks will be the better player.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can see that. But with more workouts he could move up.

I don't remember how much crap you got for liking Redick back in the day, but Duke is your school, and Redick was your dude...well BYU is my school, and Jimmer is my dude.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Honestly, I don't see why you like Jimmer so much. He will not be a favorite of any head coach that favors defense first (which is most).

Jimmer will struggle to gain minutes his rookie season, and yes Brooks will be the better player.
LOL you really can't see it??? I'm mormon, he's mormon....I go to BYU(-I), he went to BYU....LOL most head coaches do not favor defense, look at D'Antoni...and Jimmer's defense will be decent when games finally role around.

I really don't see how you don't get this..........like really....

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOL you really can't see it??? I'm mormon, he's mormon....I go to BYU(-I), he went to BYU....LOL most head coaches do not favor defense, look at D'Antoni...and Jimmer's defense will be decent when games finally role around.

I really don't see how you don't get this..........like really....
You just lost all credibility by saying most head coaches do not favor defense, infact...I'll go as far as saying you don't know anything about the game of basketball if you really believe that.

Unbelievable.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just wanna know what happens if Jimmer does turn out to be a decent player in the pros..will you guys admit you were wrong.

For the record..I dont think he'd be anything other than like a good bench scorer.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Depends what decent is, is averaging 12 a game on a 20 win team decent?

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Most lotto picks are gonna be on shitty teams especially guys like Kyrie, Derrick and Kanter and Brandon..

If he's around a 12-14 ppg scorer on a bottom feeder but on like a 30 win team in the west...since I think he'll be a sun or a jazz or even a king.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jimmer ends up in Utah with all the other Mormons....

Anyways Jamel Thomas led the Big East in scoring was a guaranteed 5-8th Overall pick and went undrafted. So we'll wait and see.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jimmer is being drafted...no doubt about that.

And I didn't hear anyone say yes TYO....which doesn't surprise me.

LOL at saying averaging 12 on a crappy team...LOL This is the draft, you do know how the draft works.

More coaches with bad defense: Terry Porter, Lawrence Frank, Don Nelson, all the Suns coaches over the past few years. Heck Jerry Sloan was even much more offensive than defensive.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Quotes about JImmer from NBA players and Steve Kerr and Doc Rivers and others:

Doc Rivers, Boston Celtics coach
I love him. He's terrific. I've seen the ESPN clips and going by the clips, he's a superstar. The kid's going to be a good NBA player. We get lost in what kids can't do and we should focus more on the things they can do and try to accent that. He can get his own shot.

Steve Kerr, five-time NBA champion
I've seen him on film a lot. I love him. There are some legitimate questions about whether he's a 1 (point) or a 2 (shooting) guard. But the guy can flat-out score with deep range, catch and shoot or off the dribble. The deep range with the shot will set up the rest of his game. He's got a really special gift for scoring. A guy like that will always be able to find a place to play. I think he'll be a pro for a long time; it's just a matter of finding the right place. Defensively, he'll struggle. He's going to hve to go out there and guard Deron Williams, (Rajon) Rondo, and Derrick Rose but everybody struggles to guard those guys. He's a competitor and he's got a special gift as a player. He's very smart. He'll figure it out.

Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
I love Jimmer Fredette; best player in college. I think he can be a solid pro. He's a really good scorer. I don't know how that translates in the NBA with so many great point guards and athletes but I think he has a high basketball I.Q. and I think he'll have success.

Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
I've tuned in just like everybody else. You get on the Fredette bandwagon and you want to see how this guy is. He's a great scorer. I think he's now proven himself and put himself in position where he's got a good opportunity to play in this league. He can put the ball in the basket and he's a very good competitor.

Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
I saw him play during the summer for the USA team. He's not surprised me with what he's been doing this year. The way he was playing with the USA team, he was playing great. He played with a lot of confidence. You could tell that he wanted to be there and I'm happy for him. He's a great player, especially right now. He's a great scorer. He's leading his team the way he's supposed to.

Deron Williams, Utah Jazz
In the second half, he came alive and took over. He can score so well and shoot so well. You're always going to need scorers but I think his passing is underrated. He has been struggling a little bit shooting. But when things didn't go well with his shot, I thought he passed the ball great.

Kevin Love, Minnesota Timberwolves
I love the Jimmer. I think he's a great player. He's the type of player, I think, who can come in and have a good impact at this level. He's a guy I admire. I was mentioning players that play the game extremely hard, and he's one of them. He brings it every night. I think he can make a big impact. A lot of people have compared him to a young Stephen Curry and that's a pretty good comparison. Steph has had a lot of success in this league and he's determined to become a better player. I think with Jimmer, it's the same way.

Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
I've seen Jimmer play. He's a great, great, great, great guard. He's taken over college basketball right now, just in the way he has run his team, he's leading his team. I know he's going to do well at the next level. I know just from watching him that he's going to be a great NBA player.

One high placed NBA executive at the workout said, “He was Jimmer Fredette. He shot the ball well, he handled the point and he played at different speeds. He needs to get better defensively. He is a tough kid, he is mature, he is very poised.”
The most interesting comment that was made was the “he could be a solid back-up or he could be a star.”
I am not alone.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bet most of those dudes were just saying that to be nice lol.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score

LOL at saying averaging 12 on a crappy team...LOL This is the draft, you do know how the draft works.

More coaches with bad defense: Terry Porter, Lawrence Frank, Don Nelson, all the Suns coaches over the past few years. Heck Jerry Sloan was even much more offensive than defensive.
Are you serious? Just because a team has bad defense does not mean that a coach doesn't emphasize it. The Magic are a bad defensive team (on the perimeter), but Stan Van Gundy emphasizes the heck out of it. There is not one NBA coach who doesn't emphasize defense (except D'Antoni and he's about to be fired). They just don't have good defenders. Bottom line is unless he goes to D'Antoni or Phoenix (maybe even Utah), he's not going to crack a pro rotation until he can learn to get in a stance and guard someone.

As far as will I admit he's wrong, sure I will. But let's keep things in perspective here. If he puts up 12 points per game with low shooting percentages (like Morrison in his rookie year), I'll admit that I've been right all along and that the dude is a chucker. Sure DJT will just be talking about how great the kid is (annoying) but I won't have been wrong in any way. But I don't even see that happening because Jimmer is not going to play 30 MPG like Ammo.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

You have even less credibility now, and this comment shows you obviously DONT HAVE THE FIRST CLUE what your talking about, your just talking out of your ass.

Frank took over Thibodeau's role as the defensive coordinator of the Celtics last year. Don Nelson and Jerry Sloan arent even in the league anymore. Terry Porter was a defensive coach, just was never able to improve Phoenix that much, Utah had some good defensive teams (Sloan emphasized hard nosed defense) but never had great defensive players.

Like I said, your just talking out of your ass.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Quotes about JImmer from NBA players and Steve Kerr and Doc Rivers and others:

I am not alone.
It's called the politically correct thing to say, they aren't going to bash a guy coming out of college..

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Coach, what do you think of Jimmer Fredette?

Well...Dave, to put it politely Fredette is turrible.

Yeah, that'll happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%