Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Another thing people don't want to see about Jimmer, his playmaking ability. There's a lot of guys who can hit deep threes, but people fail to realize that the set wasn't designed for Jimmer to be taking that shot.

For example, one of BYU's favorite qh's was running the two guard off the high post onto the wing, Jimmer would hit him with the pass and the two guard would reverse the ball back to Jimmer, the two guard would then run off a staggered screen and Jimmer would hit the two guard on the backdoor. Way too often they would have to reset and almost run the play backwards, run the two guard off a staggered screen yet this time he's regaining his position on the wing. Jimmer would get the two guard the ball once again then clear out to the opposite wing, the two guard would come off a screen set by the center and the two guard would pass it out to Jimmer for a 30 footer. In reality, that's a bad shot on the fourth scoring option of that play.

Does anyone believe NBA vets will be ok with Jimmer running that sort of set in the NBA?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL wow you guys are ridiculous....do you even read your own posts???

No one isn't going to speak their mind. If they feel Jimmer is crap, they WILL say it, and MANY have.

You guys are nuts.

But i'm done. you guys didn't prove anything...i'm obviously not proving anything...

I"M F*IN SORRY FOR TALKING UP A PLAYER I LIKE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD......GOD FORBID WE AREN'T ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT A PLAYER WE LIKE ON A FREAKING FORUM.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Since soooo many people are bit**ing about this being closed. Its now open.

Lets hear again why Jimmer is awful.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Smart move DJT.

Anyway, any response to my post above about one of BYU's favorite qh's?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Smart move DJT.

Anyway, any response to my post above about one of BYU's favorite qh's?
I honestly don't understand that at all.

He can create his own shot just fine. If you don't think so, you need to brush up on him.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I honestly don't understand that at all.

He can create his own shot just fine. If you don't think so, you need to brush up on him.
Should of just kept it at you don't understand, because it has nothing to do with him creating his own shot lol

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Should of just kept it at you don't understand, because it has nothing to do with him creating his own shot lol
Then what are you arguing???? Sounds like you were saying that BYU ran bad plays...so....

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Then what are you arguing???? Sounds like you were saying that BYU ran bad plays...so....
I'm saying Jimmer isn't effective at getting his team into a set on a consistent basis.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm saying Jimmer isn't effective at getting his team into a set on a consistent basis.
That has been a big question about him. Can he run plays on the NBA level. I personally think he can. All of BYU's plays were for Jimmer, especially when Davies got suspended. But if you watched a lot of BYU basketball, Jimmer did quite well with creating shots for this teammates. He has pretty good passing skills.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That has been a big question about him. Can he run plays on the NBA level. I personally think he can. All of BYU's plays were for Jimmer, especially when Davies got suspended. But if you watched a lot of BYU basketball, Jimmer did quite well with creating shots for this teammates. He has pretty good passing skills.
I'm saying something different, not all of BYU's plays were designed for Jimmer. All sets should have 4 or 5 scoring options, and in this particular play Jimmer was not option 1, 2, or 3. But because Jimmer could not get the ball to the first three options in effective positions, BYU went through all of their options and their last option was a three point attempt from the right wing for Jimmer. I'll design the play for you if you want.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm saying something different, not all of BYU's plays were designed for Jimmer. All sets should have 4 or 5 scoring options, and in this particular play Jimmer was not option 1, 2, or 3. But because Jimmer could not get the ball to the first three options in effective positions, BYU went through all of their options and their last option was a three point attempt from the right wing for Jimmer. I'll design the play for you if you want.
Ahhhhh ok. But that is still a knock on him running an offense...which I believe I addressed.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's the thing though, he can't do it against average talent when he's the star in college, so what makes you think he'll be able to do it against the best in the world when he's a role player at best?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's the thing though, he can't do it against average talent when he's the star in college, so what makes you think he'll be able to do it against the best in the world when he's a role player at best?
But he can do it in college...he did it in college.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see how that play means anything....did you watch BYU?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But even with that play, Jimmer is their main guy. Even when he passed to people, they would stand with the ball and stare at him, and wait til he was open. Even if they were the 1st option or 2nd option.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yay! I win! :p

lol jk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%