Fredette Not a Good Fit for Pacers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol does negative-repping all my posts make you feel better about yourself? Let's grow up, first of all. Second, you're mad because I said the Jazz want him because he's the fan favorite? Get a life. I guess you can't disagree with anything else I said, considering it was all #facts
No i'm mad because you think you know crap when actually thats probably all you know. You are SOOOOOO far from the truth its not even funny.

Where are your facts I don't see ANY facts from you proving he is going to be crap....

Your the one who needs to get a life rather than looking for Jimmer to complain about because he is stealing Redicks glory....if you can ever call that glory.
:suicide:

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
No i'm mad because you think you know crap when actually thats probably all you know. You are SOOOOOO far from the truth its not even funny.

Where are your facts I don't see ANY facts from you proving he is going to be crap....

Your the one who needs to get a life rather than looking for Jimmer to complain about because he is stealing Redicks glory....if you can ever call that glory.
:suicide:
Lol steal Redick's glory. Considering Redick had a better freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior year of college, all on a better team playing against better competition, I don't think I need to worry about that.

As far as me thinking I "know crap", my reputation on this site is excellent and yours is poor. You constantly parade around here about how all the big teams suck and how Jimmer is going to be the next NBA star. Further evidence? You picked Mavs in 5 and the Pacers over the Bulls. Yeah you definitely "know crap".

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jimmer is what he is, a scorer who will at times struggle to score in the NBA. He can't play defense, he isn't a pass first guard, his assist to turnover ratio is very poor, and he won't be taking those horrendous shots that he took in college. Jimmer will be a guy who will stretch the floor for a team, but he'll never be a huge contributor on a good team.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Jimmer is what he is, a scorer who will at times struggle to score in the NBA. He can't play defense, he isn't a pass first guard, his assist to turnover ratio is very poor, and he won't be taking those horrendous shots that he took in college. Jimmer will be a guy who will stretch the floor for a team, but he'll never be a huge contributor on a good team.
NO DOOD YOUR BLIND!

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Thread title should say

Fredette Not a Good Fit for NBA

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Miss you no homo haha.
Haha. Guess Im back... like Ma$e.

If Jimmers available for the Bobcats MJ will draft him... We know he cannot draft players and has a soft heart for white men who cry

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sounds like a J.J. Reddick all over again... Only problem is the fact he never played at a big time school... I smell Adam Morrison like PG :(

Strengths

- Shooting Ability: The fascination with Jimmer Fredette starts with his shooting ability, where he seems to show unlimited range, and is a threat to take and make a shot as soon as he crosses half-court.

The type of shot doesn't matter to Fredette, who can knock down threes off of the dribble, coming off of screens, or in catch and shoot situations. Within BYU's offense, Fredette has the freedom to shoot whenever he wants, and that is such a threat to the defense because he can knock down both open and closely contested shots consistently.

- Midrange Shooting: Fredette's ability to knock down contested shots while off-balance is extremely beneficial. Fredette's shooting ability and freedom to pull up at any moment keeps the defense off balance and this allows him to get shots up over longer, more athletic defenders.

Icon SMI

- Passing: Clips of Fredette attempting long pull-up threes have given him the reputation as a selfish gunner, but this is hardly the case. Yes, BYU's offense started and finished with Fredette, but he always seemed to be a willing passer, able to hit the open man if the defense starts to focus too much on him. In addition, Fredette is a strong enough ball handler with either hand to get himself to spots on the court where he is a threat, forcing help. When that help comes, Jimmer is able to get the ball to the open man.

Weaknesses

- Defense: For Fredette, the biggest concern for scouts is on the defensive end, and rightfully so, since playing defense is his biggest weakness.

Fredette's average, at best, athletic ability really hurts him on this end as his poor lateral quickness allows him to get beat by quicker ball handlers. Despite not having the tools to play tough defense, the most worrying thing might be his mindset on the defensive end. Fredette almost seems disinterested defensively, and this leads to poor help and poor positioning off of the basketball. Even worse, when he does get beaten by his man with the ball, he tends to give up instead of trying to recover, hoping that his help can get the job done.

- Finishing At The Rim: Despite showing a nice mid-range game that should translate to the NBA well, Fredette could have trouble finishing in the paint at the next level. While he might be crafty enough to finish over his man, he has struggled at times finishing over help defenders.

Fredette doesn't always have the athletic ability to finish with help coming, so he is forced into double-clutched, circus-style lay-up attempts. This puts the basketball on a tee for the help defense to block it, and if he does get it over the help, there is a small chance the ball actually goes in.

- Turnovers: Despite having strong offensive instincts and displaying an ability to make the correct pass more often than not, Fredette still tends to turn the basketball over a little too much. Fredette's Pace Adjusted Turnovers Per-40 minute average of 3.7 was 23rd highest in the NCAA last season and his Assist to Turnover ratio and Pure Point Rating were also very low (1.22 and -1.92 respectfully). A lot of these turnovers tend to be a direct result of how much he dominates the basketball and how much BYU's offense relied on him. When Fredette turns the basketball over, it is usually when he is trying to create on his own.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jimmer-Fredette-5810/#ixzz1OYHzjsdz
http://www.draftexpress.com
He should only play in NYK if they dont sign a defensive coach.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol steal Redick's glory. Considering Redick had a better freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior year of college, all on a better team playing against better competition, I don't think I need to worry about that.

As far as me thinking I "know crap", my reputation on this site is excellent and yours is poor. You constantly parade around here about how all the big teams suck and how Jimmer is going to be the next NBA star. Further evidence? You picked Mavs in 5 and the Pacers over the Bulls. Yeah you definitely "know crap".
LOLOLOL SEE you ACTUALLY ARE BLIND! When have I said Jimmer will be a STAR in the NBA???? Please find that and quote me on it...you obviously know nothing.

Just pick pick pick. And why I have a crappy rep is from fools....who know nothing....

And JImmer was recruited by big time schools....but he turned them down. (yeah go read something)

LOL AND THE PACERS ALMOST BEAT THE BULLS EVERY SINGLE GAME.....LOL And I wasn't the only 1 to pick the Mavs in that many you _______

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only teams to offer Jimmer were BYU, Marshall, Massachusetts, Siena, and Utah.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
also recruited by Utah, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Seton Hall, Marshall, Fordham, Siena, George Mason, West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Penn St. and N.C. State
From his BYU profile. Jimmer Fredette BYU

I know lots of other places say different, so I don't know how they got all those teams. *shrug*

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I feel like if a team "recruits" someone, that generally means they are interested...but who knows maybe he was so deep on their list and they got the guys ahead of him.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was not in rivals top 150 rankings, and was a 2 star prospect according to scout..

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Recruited by and offered are too completely different things. Like if you looked here you would see that while he was recruited by schools like West Virginia and Virginia Tech, he was never offered a scholarship. <-- Knew that before even looking it up tonight. According to ESPN, his top 5 schools were BYU, Utah, UMass, Marshall, and Sacramento State. Even if he was offered by those "elite" schools (lol at calling Virginia Tech and NC State elite schools), he didn't play against elite level competition in college and you know that. Redick put up better stats against better competition all four years, it's not even close to compare their college careers.

Fredette and Adam Morrison is a much better comparison. They both were *** recruits coming out of high school, went to small schools out west and put up great scoring stats in college. Fredette won player of the year, Morrison would have in most years but Redick edged him out because he put up his numbers against power-conference teams. Both had question marks about what position they would play in the NBA, both were skeptical defenders, both were media darlings who in the end were overhyped.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was not in rivals top 150 rankings, and was a 2 star prospect according to scout..
Hmmm I dunno...seems like depending on where you go you get different stuff.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Recruited by and offered are too completely different things. Like if you looked here you would see that while he was recruited by schools like West Virginia and Virginia Tech, he was never offered a scholarship. <-- Knew that before even looking it up tonight. According to ESPN, his top 5 schools were BYU, Utah, UMass, Marshall, and Sacramento State. Even if he was offered by those "elite" schools (lol at calling Virginia Tech and NC State elite schools), he didn't play against elite level competition in college and you know that. Redick put up better stats against better competition all four years, it's not even close to compare their college careers.

Fredette and Adam Morrison is a much better comparison. They both were *** recruits coming out of high school, went to small schools out west and put up great scoring stats in college. Fredette won player of the year, Morrison would have in most years but Redick edged him out because he put up his numbers against power-conference teams. Both had question marks about what position they would play in the NBA, both were skeptical defenders, both were media darlings who in the end were overhyped.
Who called VTech and NC State elite??

The rest yeah I agree with. But I still think he's gonna turn out fair. Good bench player, who will provide scoring.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Syracuse???? Wake Forest???? Those are big schools dude. West Virginia to.
Lol no they aren't. Maybe solid programs, not big time programs like a Duke, UNC, UCONN, Kentucky, etc.

I mean Wake Forest has only made the tourny three times since 05, Syracuse five times since 05 (which is pretty good). Besides, did Cuse really recruit Fredette?

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2010/03/mikes_mailbox_was_byus_jimmer.html
http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2011/03/why_syracuse_didnt_recruit_jim.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%