A NetsDaily Screed: D-Will & the Nets

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC15

Reaction score
Al_Iannazzone: 15,836 in the Rock tonight
The Rock has a maximum capacity of 18,711 seats.

Stars attract fans, it's that simple.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
And SMH if you think it will be like that every game attendance-wise. ITS HIS DEBUT

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
Simple as this, D-Will will attract big men ( Dwight Howard ) easier then a duo like STAT and Melo because he's such a talented PG and he's a pass first guy which guys will love. STAT and Melo will attract Point Guards more because they're both great targets for any point guard who wants to rack up assist.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Simple as this, D-Will will attract big men ( Dwight Howard ) easier then a duo like STAT and Melo because he's such a talented PG and he's a pass first guy which guys will love. STAT and Melo will attract Point Guards more because they're both great targets for any point guard who wants to rack up assist.
Why would Dwight leave Orlando to go to New Jersey though? Orlando with Dwight >>> NJ with Dwight.

And wait, New York doesn't have a great Point Guard? Does Chauncey Billups not exist anymore?

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
Why would Dwight leave Orlando to go to New Jersey though? Orlando with Dwight >>> NJ with Dwight.

And wait, New York doesn't have a great Point Guard? Does Chauncey Billups not exist anymore?
1. I never said Dwight was going to NJ. All I said was D-Will would attract more big men...

2. Did you really just try and twist my words? I've been one of the biggest Chauncey supporters since the trade. If He wasn't great do you think I would say with STAT, Melo and Mr. Big Shot in my sig. I wouldn't put a player who sucks in there. I was mapping out how things go. I NEVER said Chauncey wasn't great. I said STAT and Melo will attract Point Guards. SMFH

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
To be fair I have signatures turned off, I have no idea what's in there >_>

And no I wasn't trying to twist your words. But you made it seem like most players would be more likely to go to New Jersey than New York (sans Point Guards). I strongly disagree, I really don't know why anyone would want to go to NJ/Brooklyn and play second fiddle to the Knicks. It's like wanting to go to the Clippers...

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
I just decided to start speaking impartially so that all those uptight Nets fans would shut up. I honestly feel D-Will could attract big men... Do I see it happening? No. Would I be shocked if it did? No. Would I be shocked if he stayed there? YUP.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
I really don't know why anyone would want to go to NJ/Brooklyn and play second fiddle to the Knicks. It's like wanting to go to the Clippers...
Hmm I don't know... Salary cap, new Collective Bargaining Agreement, reduction in total salaries (which will probably mean a shitty knicks bench), human desire for players to not take salary cuts just to play with Stoudemire/Melo?

And it is nothing like going to the Clippers so stop saying that you moron. We aren't going to be playing in the same arena. NY is huge, plenty of room for more than one team. Just look at the Mets and Yankees or Jets and Giants. 95% of Knicks fans are just frontrunners that just start popping up out of nowhere when the team gets any type of hype anyways. If we start winning again like we did in the early 2000s all of those frontrunners will shift over to us like they did before.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if the knicks continue to improve and the nets maybe start winning then we wont see fans shift over. theyre will be knicks and nets fans and lets be real here, there are more knicks fans then nets fans.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To be fair I have signatures turned off, I have no idea what's in there >_>

And no I wasn't trying to twist your words. But you made it seem like most players would be more likely to go to New Jersey than New York (sans Point Guards). I strongly disagree, I really don't know why anyone would want to go to NJ/Brooklyn and play second fiddle to the Knicks. It's like wanting to go to the Clippers...
I could see lots of people wanting to go to the Clips. They have a young team, and Blake. I could honestly see them bringing in a star.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
but there is bigger markets than the second LA, just cause the lakers are always doing so good. the clippers can land second tier players, but not any "major stars"

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think they can though. I could honestly see the Clippers to be in the hunt for DWill or CP3 or Dwight if any of them actually end up leaving their teams.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well technically any team with money is. but they wont have a big shot at those players.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It almost surprises me how more people aren't drawn there. I mean anyone could go team up with LeBron and Wade and win games. It means much more to turn around a franchise that has never won like the Clippers. I don't see how guys in the NBA don't see that, or maybe they don't care about being the "hero" of an entire organization.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
some teams have always been losing teams and that what everyone thinks of them so no one wants to go there because theyll be seen as the "savior" and when they dont turn the team around they get booed out of town.

i wouldnt wanna play for certain teams just because i see them as losers.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
No one wants to play for the Clips because of the incompetence of their front office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%