A NetsDaily Screed: D-Will & the Nets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The league has no more true centers anymore, rather there are very few. If the Magic decide they can't re-sign Dwight and decide to trade him, I doubt they trade him within the east.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
The league has no more true centers anymore, rather there are very few. If the Magic decide they can't re-sign Dwight and decide to trade him, I doubt they trade him within the east.
I don't. They are going to try to get the best offer from any team. Because even if he gets traded to the West, what if he refuses to sign an extension and leaves during the offseason? They can't really control where he will resign but they can control what they get in return for him.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
It's not like Deron and Dwight ever said that they want to play together. It would be more like the 'equivalent' of Carmelo going to the Knicks.
No, because the New York Knicks are actually a revelant team, and aren't second fiddle in their own area. Why play for the Knicks JV squad?

VC15

Reaction score
No, because the New York Knicks are actually a revelant team, and aren't second fiddle in their own area. Why play for the Knicks JV squad?
This is ignorance at its finest.

This is the second year in the past 11 that the Knicks have put out a better product than us.

With Isiah likely back in the office and Donnie Walsh (the only reason the Knicks are relevant again) likely on his way out, makes your post look like the baseless drivel it is.

By the way, if we're the "JV squad", how embarrassing is it for the "varsity" to get swept in the playoffs in their last post-season appearance by the JV team?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
[quote name='Big Bid'Ness' date='28 February 2011 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1298925496' post='4449976']
Oh damn lol.
[/quote]

It begs the question though, when was the last season when the Nets were truly relevant?

VC15

Reaction score
It begs the question though, when was the last season when the Nets were truly relevant?
When was the last time the Hornets were relevant? After the entire Gulf of Mexico came in back in 05?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Which team is more relevant all-time "DWill"? The Nets got Jason Kidd and had some success in the early 2000s while the Knicks were down. If you honestly think the Nets are better historically than the Knicks, or that the Nets are more relevant in the NY/NJ area, you are even more of a moron than I thought.

VC15

Reaction score
Which team is more relevant all-time "DWill"? The Nets got Jason Kidd and had some success in the early 2000s while the Knicks were down. If you honestly think the Nets are better historically than the Knicks, or that the Nets are more relevant in the NY/NJ area, you are even more of a moron than I thought.
Is this topic about the relevance of either team?

I didn't think so.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
The Nets bashing on this forum is hilarious.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When was the last time the Hornets were relevant? After the entire Gulf of Mexico came in back in 05?
Lol, the Hornets are in New Orleans, the Nets are in Jersey. Completely different markets, and the fact that the Nets can't be relevant in a market as big as Jersey speaks values to how bad the franchise is.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Lol, the Hornets are in New Orleans, the Nets are in Jersey. Completely different markets, and the fact that the Nets can't be relevant in a market as big as Jersey speaks values to how bad the franchise is.
lmfao please. Name any team that told their fans that they were moving to a different city and still had fans come to their games. Go.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lmfao please. Name any other team that told their fans that they were moving to a different city and still had fans come to their games. Go.
I pray your not talking about the Nets. I really do.

Dead last in fans per game, and nearly 400 less than the second to last place team at that.

So actually, I'd like for you to name me a team?

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
I pray your not talking about the Nets. I really do.

Dead last in fans per game, and nearly 400 less than the second to last place team at that.

So actually, I'd like for you to name me a team?
You retard :headsmack:
I'm saying that every team in the history of the NBA who told their fans they were moving to another city had their attendance decrease drastically.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You retard :headsmack:
I'm saying that every team in the history of the NBA who told their fans they were moving to another city had their attendance decrease drastically.
The Nets first announced the move to Brooklyn in 05, why didn't drop then? Maybe it's just because the Nets aren't putting a product on the court that attracts fans anymore? If the Nets were winning games, the fans would show up.

I guess I could ask myself, why did fans bother attending Hornets games in New Orleans when most thought it was a guarantee they were never leaving OKC? Maybe it's because people wanted to see guys like Chris Paul, David West, Tyson Chandler, Peja?

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
The Nets first announced the move to Brooklyn in 05, why didn't drop then? Maybe it's just because the Nets aren't putting a product on the court that attracts fans anymore? If the Nets were winning games, the fans would show up.
In 2005 everything was a only a plan. Nothing was certain. There were a bunch of lawsuits and shit so the chance of them staying was still here. When it was confirmed in 2010 you can easily see the attendance drop a shit load.
At this point you couldn't pay half of Nets fans to go to the games. The fucking tickets go for under a damn dollar on some days.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In 2005 everything was a only a plan. Nothing was certain. There were a bunch of lawsuits and shit so the chance of them staying was still here. When it was confirmed in 2010 you can easily see the attendance drop a shit load.
At this point you couldn't pay half of Nets fans to go to the games. The fucking tickets go for under a damn dollar on some days.
I assume we can both agree on that Deron's first home game should be interesting, attendance wise.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
I assume we can both agree on that Deron's first home game should be interesting, attendance wise.
I'm going to miss the game I have class at 7:10 :(

But yeah this game won't be sold out. Even if we do pack it the hype will die down in a week.

BTW, tickets are going for $3 lmao

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Is this topic about the relevance of either team?

I didn't think so.
You're the one who brought up Dwight Howard signing with the Nets, and said it was the equivalent to Melo going to the Knicks. COMPLETELY different though. Would you rather play for the Knicks or the Nets?

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
You're the one who brought up Dwight Howard signing with the Nets, and said it was the equivalent to Melo going to the Knicks. COMPLETELY different though. Would you rather play for the Knicks or the Nets?
If one team has Deron Williams and is moving into the first billion dollar arena, I'm going to the Nets considering the other already has two scorers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%