A NetsDaily Screed: D-Will & the Nets

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i just gave my thoughts on it
baron was 20 pounds overweight and had be half assing it. even when he signed, he didnt talk about the team. he talked about being able to work on his movie projects now that he's in L.A. full time

that article is about baron and not another player. show me an article where he heckles another player
Not about heckling, but a pretty telling article..

http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/donald-sterling-racist-remarks/

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Just like you?
Does that even make sense?

The Nets went into the offseason with hopes of a star, and got Anthony Morrow, Travis Outlaw, Jordan Farmar, and Johan Petro. GREAT OFFSEASON.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i just gave my thoughts on it
baron was 20 pounds overweight and had be half assing it. even when he signed, he didnt talk about the team. he talked about being able to work on his movie projects now that he's in L.A. full time

that article is about baron and not another player. show me an article where he heckles another player
After the Clips signed Foye and Gomes, Sterling said he had no idea who they even were...he might be talking about that, I don't call that much of a diss though.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not exactly heckling, but it's worse:

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/01/10/donald-sterling-reportedly-on-clippers-players-showering-look-at-those-beautiful-black-bodies/

Just give up.
all those guys re-signed with the clippers

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not about heckling, but a pretty telling article..

http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/donald-sterling-racist-remarks/
there's more than that
i know all about sterling

he's a piece of shit

but these players dont care. just give them the money, they can put up with it

VC15

Reaction score

Who would want to play for him again?

How do you determine how "privileged" someone is? Why does it have to relate with black History Month?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I like how DWill only responds to statements that his team doesn't get owned in.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Deron Williams has spoken with principal owner Mikhail Prokhorov and general manager Billy King about the direction of the Nets over the next few months.

Sources say making a run at Dwight Howard in order to improve their team.

"He definitely talked about that and it gets you excited," Williams said of Prokhorov. "When your owner says he’s going to spend the money and put people around you, that’s definitely appealing.

"There’s a lot of stuff that appeals to me as far as my future here."

Howard is eligible to be a free agent in 2012.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But if they don't get Dwight...his future there won't be appealing.

VC15

Reaction score
But if they don't get Dwight...his future there won't be appealing.
You are aware that there is an entire off-season for us to get better (whether DH12 comes or not)?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
And you also do realize that, as the Nets found out this offseason, just having an owner with oodles of dollars is not enough.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
And you also do realize that, as the Nets found out this offseason, just having an owner with oodles of dollars is not enough.
lol well there is a cap in the NBA so obviously that isn't enough

But if it was like baseball, it would be enough.

VC15

Reaction score
I'm convinced that you're just trolling now.

Rich owner + Superstar = Players willing to join your team

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
First of all, Deron Williams is not a superstar. Second of all, like I said, people aren't going to come to New Jersey just because they have a rich owner. Star players aren't going to want to go to a team that is overshadowed by another in their local area, plain and simple. Like I said pages ago, Deron isn't going to resign if the Nets don't make the playoffs in 2012.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
deron is a superstar

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only way I see another superstar going to New Jersey is to challenge and try to rival NY.

VC15

Reaction score
You truly are clueless.

First of all, Deron Williams is not a superstar.
Yeah, you're definitely trolling.

Second of all, like I said, people aren't going to come to New Jersey just because they have a rich owner.
I've seen some tweets (by NBA players) posted on other forums, that state how NJ is now very attractive because of Proky and DWill.

Star players aren't going to want to go to a team that is overshadowed by another in their local area, plain and simple.
Overshadowed? This is the second year in the past twelve where the Knicks are better than us. Any "overshadowing" is propaganda that is conjured up by the NY media. This will not continue once we get to Brooklyn, and/or start winning.

Like I said pages ago, Deron isn't going to resign if the Nets don't make the playoffs in 2012.
Tell us something we don't already know. We WILL improve this team over the off-season. There should not be a doubt in anyone's mind about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%