Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this argument is going nowhere lol.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I don't care what any of that says, he does his job and that's all that matters. I don't see where you are going with this, I'm not saying he's great, he just does what he needs to do, it's not flashy. As long as he's making the plays, who cares? I don't care how he does it or how great he looks doing it, as long as he gets the job done. That's all I'm saying, I'm not looking for arguments here. I think if you were in the same predicament as the Tigers, you'd be saying the same thing. You guys are just making more out of it than where I was going with it. I understand why you are a little salty about it, after this addition, you pretty much feel the Indians are doomed unless they spend some money of their own and upgrade some key positions.
BUT HE DOESN'T ACTUALLY GET THE f-bombING JOB DONE

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His job is to play a below average first base? Really? He actually doesn't do what he needs to do.. There is nothing flashy about having the ability to cover ground, something that Cabrera does not have. He plays first base because he'd be an abomination at any other position, but apparently the Tigers are going to put that to test.

I'm calling him a bad defender because I'm salty about this whole situation? It's not like I haven't said this before or anything.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
BUT HE DOESN'T ACTUALLY GET THE f-bombING JOB DONE
If you say so. I'm not arguing about it, believe what you want, I could care less. I'm not comparing him to anyone here. I'm glad you are fine with who you have, cause I'm fine with what we have as well. So we're both happy, good deal, right?

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Just look in the mirror. You'll get the same thing.
I would just like to let you know that your post makes no sense considering I'm highly intelligent and you're about as smart as half the kids pugz hung out with in high school.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would just like to let you know that your post makes no sense considering I'm highly intelligent and you're about as smart as half the kids pugz hung out with in high school.
lmao. this kid brings up a good point. but not many kids in my area were smart. ha

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cabby really did hold his own at 1st defensively. He was reliable, and I never had that moment where I was like "wow he just sucks." By no means was he awesome there, but he did his job well. It's not like he lost us any games because of his defense, not at all.
He was solid at 1st, and he improve basically every season he was there.
Do I think he will do a good job at 3rd? Probably not, but it isn't like he is new to the position. If he can get in good shape come the start of the season, I see no reason why he couldn't do what he did at 1st at 3rd. And if that is the case, I will be content with him starting there.
I think he knows damn well he needs to get in better shape to play solid there, and he wouldn't have signed on with the idea if he didn't think he could do it.
I really think he will be fine, but only time will tell.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Was Cabrera the best 1st baseman in the league? Not even, but was I glad to have him playing there? Absolutely. I enjoyed watching him play 1st and he will most likely do the switch with Prince at DH/1B once in awhile, with time at 3rd as well. Point is he wasn't flashy about it, and yes there were times he missed plays other guys would have made because he isn't the fastest guy, but he got the job done more often than not. I don't know how he will fare at 3rd, no one does, but if it was between 3rd and DH, I would rather him DH.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope we go out and bring in Pierre or Damon now.
If we are committed to Cabrera at 3rd, we need to get a DH or sign an outfielder and move Young to DH.

Might as well go all in.
I'd prefer Damon, and then have Victor replace him next season.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
still would like a fifth starter too but id assume we're done spending since i didnt even think we'd spend like this. lol

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh, if we can get Damon on a 1 year deal, we might as well do it lol.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I think the Tigers will do something as far as the fifth starter, they aren't sold on Turner of course and he'll have to prove he can handle it. I think they will get another pitcher whether that be free agency or trade. But, I didn't expect this 214 Million deal, so hard telling what they decide to do.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Surely beats Vlad or just Damon haha.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I just think it's funny that the Tigers weren't in the Fielder discussion and here they come out of nowhere and fork out that kind of money to pick him up, when they all said it was between the Rangers and Nationals I believe it was. Fielder was given the least chance to go to Detroit, by most. Just goes to show that you can't believe everything you hear/read.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you check the off-season thread, as a joke I said "TIGERS GONNA SWOOP IN AND PICK HIM UP."
And like 2 minutes later GMF posted that we signed him.
I posted it as a joke, and had no idea it was going to happen.
I thought that was pretty cool lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%