Tigers Sign Fielder

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fielding percentage doesn't mean jack. He has no range at first, and it would be even worse at 3rd.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Really easy to not fuck up when the ball is hit at right at you. He lacks a ton of range and doesn't get to balls that a lot of other 1B make. He also isn't very flexible so he's not able to reach out for balls and bring them in that other 1B can also do.

I really can't believe you just acted like fielding percentage means anything.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's laughable but it looks likely
they have to be talking out of their asses right now

no VMart this year. DH is open this year, why bother

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Players are apparently amendment about not DHing and the Tigers don't want to piss off miggy.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Cause you guys don't see him play on an every day basis so it's easy to judge him. He doesn't cover the space great players at 1B do, but he has made some great diving plays to get the guy out at first, not every ball was directly hit to him, he's made a lot of good plays that weren't easy. There's no other guy I'd want at first, he plays the position very well. I do believe he's an underrated defensive player, especially for his size. I'm not saying he's the best or anything, but he's good.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's actually not good defensively at all and statistics back it up..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Players are apparently amendment about not DHing and the Tigers don't want to piss off miggy.
lol amendment

i know what you meant

it's so funny. i cant wait to see Miggy play 3rd. wont last long if they even do it

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Youk keeps on getting injured by playing 3B, and I find it hard to imagine Cabrera wont

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
He's actually not good defensively at all and statistics back it up..
I don't know what more you expect out of him? Anything that comes his way, he gets. That's all that is asked of him and he does it really well. I don't care what anyone else thinks, he's done well for the Tigers at 1B. I have no idea what he will do at 3B, but I don't think he's bad defensively at first regardless.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I don't know what more you expect out of him? Anything that comes his way, he gets. That's all that is asked of him and he does it really well. I don't care what anyone else thinks, he's done well for the Tigers at 1B. I have no idea what he will do at 3B, but I don't think he's bad defensively at first regardless.
You're honestly the ONLY person who thinks he holds his own at 1B. EVERYONE else thinks he's at the very least, below average there.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i just read they're going to put him at 3rd
i guess it's not even a question

wow. i cant believe it
this is nothing close to a Youkilis/Adrian situation

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
You're honestly the ONLY person who thinks he holds his own at 1B. EVERYONE else thinks he's at the very least, below average there.
I don't think I'm the only one here.. I think RipCity will say the same thing, I think McCoy4Heisman will say the same thing.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think all 3 of you happen to be Tiger fans with a biased point of view.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im glad i dont wear my homer glasses when it comes to talent. hes alright at 1st but hes below average and wont be much better at 3rd.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I think all 3 of you happen to be Tiger fans with a biased point of view.
I also think anyone else who isn't a Tigers fan here, would love to have Cabrera. I'm not saying he's the best first baseman in baseball here, I'm saying he holds his own at first for the Tigers and it's just the truth. I have no complaints whatsoever with Cabrera at first. Like I said, he gets everything that comes his way. He may not have a ton of range and he may not be flashy there, but he gets the job done. What do you expect? Is he suppose to cover the entire infield? Anything that comes his way, he gets 99.9% of the time and he also covers first well, he picks balls up out of the dirt, he does everything asked of him.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who the hell said they wouldn't want Cabrera? He's not a good defensive first baseman, that's all. Stats back it up. You're arguing with baseless information about how he makes the routine play that EVERYONE makes.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I also think anyone else who isn't a Tigers fan here, would love to have Cabrera. I'm not saying he's the best first baseman in baseball here, I'm saying he holds his own at first for the Tigers and it's just the truth. I have no complaints whatsoever with Cabrera at first. Like I said, he gets everything that comes his way. He may not have a ton of range and he may not be flashy there, but he gets the job done. What do you expect? Is he suppose to cover the entire infield? Anything that comes his way, he gets 99.9% of the time and he also covers first well, he picks balls up out of the dirt, he does everything asked of him.
I'm content with Tex at 1B, thanks though.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Who the hell said they wouldn't want Cabrera? He's not a good defensive first baseman, that's all. Stats back it up. You're arguing with baseless information about how he makes the routine play that EVERYONE makes.
I don't care what any of that says, he does his job and that's all that matters. I don't see where you are going with this, I'm not saying he's great, he just does what he needs to do, it's not flashy. As long as he's making the plays, who cares? I don't care how he does it or how great he looks doing it, as long as he gets the job done. That's all I'm saying, I'm not looking for arguments here. I think if you were in the same predicament as the Tigers, you'd be saying the same thing. You guys are just making more out of it than where I was going with it. I understand why you are a little salty about it, after this addition, you pretty much feel the Indians are doomed unless they spend some money of their own and upgrade some key positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%