2009/2010 MLB Offseason Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We should move our key players, we aren't going anywhere with them lol.

Though we better not move JV, Miggy, or Porcello.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We should move our key players, we aren't going anywhere with them lol.

Though we better not move JV, Miggy, or Porcello.
I know we aren't going anywhere but we should keep Grandy and Miggy. I don't think we'd move JV or Porcello.

Actually, maybe moving Grandy wouldn't be too bad. But I'd be slightly pissed.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Grandy really isn't that great. Had a pretty bad season offensively.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The thing that pisses me off though, is we can go out and spend money too but we won't..

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Andrew Bailey and Chris Coughlan won Rookie of the Year awards. Although I wouldve given it to Tommy Hanson of the Braves for the NL side.

Named the Athletics' lone representative at the All-Star Game in St. Louis this summer, Bailey rolled to an Oakland rookie-record 26 saves (in 30 chances) and posted a 6-3 record with a 1.84 ERA, a 0.88 WHIP and 91 strikeouts against 24 walks in 83 1/3 innings over 68 appearances.

Coghlan finished his first pro season batting .321 with nine homers, 47 RBIs and eight stolen bases in 128 games.

Source: mlb.com

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thinkin outside the box but both the Tigers and Reds are looking to move some bad contracts. The Reds have shown some interest in both Granderson and Jackson. I was goin over this before after reading something on MLBTR and thought I had something in mind...

Reds recieve
Curtis Granderson - plays LF or CF depending on if they want to move Stubbs over
Magglio Ordonez - Detroit has to pay part of that huge salary (probably the difference between his and Harang's salary) since he'd probably be on the bench and $18M is pretty hefty for a 4th outfielder
Edwin Jackson - Solidify the top 3 of that rotation. Volquez, Cueto, and Jackson is a pretty good 1-2-3

Tigers recieve
Aaron Harang - replaces Jackson in the rotation and is usually a solid pitcher when healthy
Joey Votto - someone mentioned him as a trade candidate and the GM quickly shot that down, but Cincinnati appears to be intent on having prospect Yonder Alonso become the everyday 1B. Nice bat that can settle in behind Cabrera and allow Cabrera to go back to third, filling another hole for Detroit. Alternatively, Votto can play OF for them or he can be a possible replacement if they do decide to trade Cabrera.
possibly Todd Fraizer* - can play SS or either "hot-corner"
possibly Devin Mesoraco* - a catcher who could take over for Laird

**note: i don't really have a vast knowledge on team's farm systems and this is me speaking solely on team needs and such

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
The Reds are looking to dump salary and the contracts of Granderson and specifically Cabrera wouldnt be favorable for the Reds.

The Red Sox, Mets, Yankees,Dodgers and Angels would be good suitors for the salary dumps this year.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Reds are looking to dump salary and the contracts of Granderson and specifically Cabrera wouldnt be favorable for the Reds.

The Red Sox, Mets, Yankees,Dodgers and Angels would be good suitors for the salary dumps this year.
The Reds wouldn't be getting Cabrera, but I get what you mean.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dodgers are a cheap ass team right now.
we cant even afford RANDY WOLF

stupid owners divorce is ruining everything. we wont be taking on extra salary FPS
Dodgers probably wont do anything this offseason.

maybe re-sign Belliard
maybe eat a little of Pierre's contract and trade him for nothing
maybe sign 1 cheap starter, 2 cheap bench players

thats probably it.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Dodgers are a cheap ass team right now.
we cant even afford RANDY WOLF

stupid owners divorce is ruining everything. we wont be taking on extra salary FPS
Dodgers probably wont do anything this offseason.

maybe re-sign Belliard
maybe eat a little of Pierre's contract and trade him for nothing
maybe sign 1 cheap starter, 2 cheap bench players

thats probably it.
Ive been reading stories that the Dodgers are looking to trade Juan Pierre. Specifically Luis Castillo for Juan Pierre.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
we need a 2B, but yikes.

Castillo blows lol
i'd rather re-sign Belliard and keep Pierre, or dump him for anything

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sandy Alomar Jr. is returning to Cleveland as a first base coach and to work with catchers. Now we just need to get Omar back as a utility infielder..

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Jason Marquis wants to pitch for the Mets, and he has no intentions of keeping that a secret.

The 31-year-old right-hander told the New York Post in a report that ran on Wednesday that he considers the Mets "a perfect fit" to be his next destination.
Get it done! Marquis is from New York and he actually wants to play for us which is a plus. I like what Marquis did with the Rockies and he would fit in rather nicely as our #3 starter.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
that will be a big loss for Colorado if Marquis leaves

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
Gagne wants to make a comeback

Natinas are interested in Mark DeRosa and Mike Gonzalez...Gonzalez would be a nice pickup if he isn't offered arbitration.
hopefully cards get derosa back :(

Gagne always wants to make a comeback but continues to fail, he should just call it quits.
lmfao so true.
assuming this is ERIC gagne...

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
FREE AGENCY STARTS MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!!!!!

GET YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING DONE EARLY!!!

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
USA Today is reporting that the Dodgers are very interested in acquiring Blue Jays ace Roy Halladay. The Dodgers lack a true ace, and feel that Halladay would solve their problems in the rotation.

However, the Dodgers lack depth in their farm system, and would probably have to bring in a third team to make a deal happen.

The Dodgers could try to include Russell Martin in the deal, but may not be willing to include, say, Andre Ethier or Clayton Kershaw.

Bob Nightengale of USA Today suggests Chad Billingsley would likely have to go in the deal.
lol no <Censored> we would like to keep dre and kershaw.

Halladay in the NL = Domination

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
lol no <Censored> we would like to keep dre and kershaw.

Halladay in the NL = Domination
The Blue Jays arent THAT stupid. Martin doesnt have as much value as he had 2 years ago, he had a very dissapointing year last season.

They would have to trade Bills, a top mlb ready prospect, and another sure prospect.

joshhockey

Reaction score
I read something today that said Jason Bay turned down a 4 year, $60-million deal from the Sox and he wants to test free agency. Where do you guys think he'll likely end up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%