2009/2010 MLB Offseason Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I read something today that said Jason Bay turned down a 4 year, $60-million deal from the Sox and he wants to test free agency. Where do you guys think he'll likely end up?
I still see him staying with the Red Sox. He's stupid if he thinks he will get a better deal in terms of a better deal and his ability to win something substancial.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Bay's asking for a huge ass contract, a little bit more than he's worth. Thats just me though. Someone will pay him what he wants and I still think its the Sox

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Omg the offseason spending has started and its alive and kicking! lol.

Brewers signed John Grabow for 2 years.

I think the biggest spender this offseason will be the Mets, I know this sounds like being a homer but we have way too many holes to not spend the money and besides that awfully dissapointing year doesnt help.

joshhockey

Reaction score
I'm hoping that Alex Anthropolis will actually do smonething for the Jays this off-season but I'm not holding my breath. As an organization we seem content with just finishing 3rd or 4th every year. I think we need to get an owner who cares and wants to win. Until then, we'll be middle of the pack.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports tweets that the Dodgers and Blue Jays are once again discussing Roy Halladay. Earlier today we learned that Toronto GM Alex Anthopoulos had contacted the Cubs about moving Halladay, and as Brown said, it looks like he's "restarting the process of moving Doc."
3:10pm: Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago hears that the White Sox are close to a deal with Vizquel's representatives. Levine notes that the White Sox offered Vizquel a long-term deal before the 2005 season only to see him sign with the Giants.

10:59am: Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweets that the White Sox are close to a deal with free agent shortstop Omar Vizquel. He says it'd be a one-year deal and Vizquel would serve as a backup.

Vizquel, 43 in April, hit .266/.316/.345 in 195 plate appearances for the Rangers this year while playing shortstop, second base, and third base. He earned $1MM.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Omar better not go to the freaking White Sox.

iInsulin

Reaction score
I was reading about the possibility of the Mets pursuing a trade for either Carl Crawford or Prince Fielder.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I was reading about the possibility of the Mets pursuing a trade for either Carl Crawford or Prince Fielder.
lmao, the Mets are linked to everybody. I see us going for Holliday and possibly looking to trade for Halladay like we did for Santana.

iInsulin

Reaction score
Add Carlos Pena to that group. I'd love for us to sign Holliday and trade for Fielder. Then instead of going after Lackey too try and sign Randy Wolf and give a guy like Rich Harden a shot.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
White Sox signed Omar :)() and Andruw Jones to one year deals.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol Andruw Jones

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dodgers suck

owner is going broke

FML

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
*sigh*
Sometimes I think that the Jays Management will never get better.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Bye Bye Bay, Hello Holliday. He signed with the Red Sox today.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Where did you read this? I haven't seen anything. Last I heard, we were still trying to build on the $60 mil we offered Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%