The Melo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i uh, i haven't really heard him say that....

you know its funny when that report came out a few months ago saying that his 'camp' told the Nuggets he would only sign with the Knicks, everyone said it probably wasn't true, and they wouldn't believe it until he said it publicly. Well, everytime and every day someone asks him this and he sidesteps it. He hasn't come out and said pubicly that he will only sign an extension with 1 team.
He isn't going to say it out in public, but he has let it be known to his people, and it has leaked out to the media.. You're a Knicks fan, I don't expect you to believe that he is a diva because he only wants to play for one team, but he is..

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I really just wanna see him go elsewhere, like Houston.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
I hope the Nuggets just keep him to fuck him over.

Doubt it but you never know.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
If the Nuggets don't trade him, they're fucking theirselves over, not Melo. Then he can sign wherever he wants to in the off-season and they get nothing, a la LeBron.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
If the Nuggets don't trade him, they're fucking theirselves over, not Melo. Then he can sign wherever he wants to in the off-season and they get nothing, a la LeBron.
No. Melo will lose a fucking shit load of money with the new CBA. Plus they are fucked either way.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
melo doesnt care, he'll make up all that money via endorsements. the nuggets need to ship him to any team that is willing to take him.

i would call up new york and ask for eddy curry, randolph, and a pick(s). then call it a day. that way they get cap relief, young player, and a pick.

the team can finally move on, too. no more drama.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
The Knicks don't have any 1sts to trade, which is why the Nuggets want nothing to do with them. The only way they're gonna get a 1st is trading Randolph, thus taking away from that package you just named, which is why Melo isn't in a Knicks uni yet.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they dont have a first for this season. either way, the nuggets just need to realize they NEED to deal melo.

VC15

Reaction score
they dont have a first for this season. either way, the nuggets just need to realize they NEED to deal melo.
That's not happening. We're talking about the same guy (Ujiri) that just watched Bosh walk away for nothing last summer, when everyone knew it was coming.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
melo doesnt care, he'll make up all that money via endorsements. the nuggets need to ship him to any team that is willing to take him.

i would call up new york and ask for eddy curry, randolph, and a pick(s). then call it a day. that way they get cap relief, young player, and a pick.

the team can finally move on, too. no more drama.
The problem is the Knicks have been goingto them and saying "Fields, Chandler, Gallinari, whatchya think about them (not literally that way though, of course)" and the Nuggets are just like "Eh, don't like anything ya got."

If they do make a trade, I honestly think it will be for Gallinari, Curry, 1st Rounder, and Randolph will go to a 3rd team for a 1st rounder and that 1st rounder is what the Nuggets get, because the Knicks don't have one to offer.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
He isn't going to say it out in public, but he has let it be known to his people, and it has leaked out to the media.. You're a Knicks fan, I don't expect you to believe that he is a diva because he only wants to play for one team, but he is..
but then if his "people" know that, then they would have told the Nuggets, and thus, the Nuggets never would have bothered with the Nets in the first place, which is why I don't buy into it.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats the deal i called when all these started and im shocked it hasnt been done yet, rally. i dont know why melo hasnt been dealt yet. hes gonna walk for notthing and im gonna laugh.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats the deal i called when all these started and im shocked it hasnt been done yet, rally. i dont know why melo hasnt been dealt yet. hes gonna walk for notthing and im gonna laugh.
Thats what I'm saying? Dude is still playing for Denver. I thought a deal would have been done by now

MR.ballin

$carface
Reaction score
It's been a slow week or two in the Carmelo Anthony trade talks, which is unusual as the clock is ticking down pretty quickly to the trade deadline, which is now less than three weeks away. Why the slowdown? The most obvious explanation: Anthony only wants to be traded to the Knicks and the Knicks are smart enough to wait until this offseason rather than trading for him.

Yahoo! Sports reports that Anthony's agent, Leon Rose, is indeed telling NBA teams that Anthony has his eyes set on the Big Apple.

Several sources told Yahoo! Sports that Carmelo Anthony’s agent, Leon Rose, has recently begun informing teams that the All-Star forward is interested in signing a contract extension with only the New York Knicks. The stance has weakened the Denver Nuggets’ leverage in trying to deal Anthony, not only to other teams, but also the Knicks.

The sources said the Knicks don’t feel pressed to present a substantial trade offer to the Nuggets because they think they can also sign Anthony after the season if he opts out of his contract, as expected. “If you’re New York, you just sit and wait until the offseason,” one general manager said. “That’s where it’s likely to go. Why give up assets to get him now when you can wait and get him next season?”
Said another source: “If ’Melo is telling the world he wants to go [to New York], why fight so hard to get him? [Knicks president] Donnie Walsh knows this.”

This report falls into a well-established narrative that dates back to December, when CBSSports.com's Ken Berger reported on Melo's Knicks-or-bust stance, a position that was reiterated by his sources in January as well. Of course, Anthony also called playing in his hometown his "ultimate dream" in a January interview too.

So how would Anthony get to the Knicks via trade prior to the deadline? It would take some help, as it's accepted as fact at this point that Denver Nuggets management is not enthralled with New York's available trade pierces.

On Friday, Berger reported that the Minnesota Timberwolves, a team loaded with tons and tons of free cap space, may have emerged as a potential facilitator for a trade between the Denver Nuggets and Knicks.

While the Nuggets realize they will have to seriously engage the Knicks in trade talks for Anthony before the Feb. 24 deadline, a third team already has stepped into the on-deck circle as a potential facilitator if talks between Denver and New York ever gain traction. That team, sources say, is the Timberwolves, who are willing to absorb Eddy Curry's $11.3 million expiring contract in a three-team scenario that would send Anthony Randolph to Minnesota and Anthony to New York. In this scenario, which one executive involved deemed "unlikely," the Wolves would simply waive Curry after the trade. Depending on the timing, Curry would likely have only five paychecks remaining for a total of $4.7 million. So taking on Curry would involve little or no cost to Minnesota; if the Wolves could negotiate a $3 million buyout covering the remainder of Curry's salary, that tab would be fully picked up by the Knicks, who could send as much as $3 million cash to Minnesota in the trade. But Curry's $11.3 million cap number would help make the complicated trade math work in a three-team deal. The Nuggets aren't interested in Curry's expiring contract, sources say, and the only other team with enough cap space to take it on without sending back equal salary is Sacramento -- which has yet to be invited into any Knicks-Nuggets discussions. If the Knicks and Nuggets aren't going to do business before the deadline, perhaps leaving Anthony in free-agent limbo heading into a new collective bargaining agreement, then Minnesota would still be interested in Randolph -- and would be willing to give up a low first-round pick and absorb Roger Mason ($1.4 million) into their cap space in a one-on-one deal.

The ball is squarely in Denver's court. Their choices: re-assess what New York has to offer and accept the discount, pray that the New Jersey Nets execute an about-face and re-enter trade talks, sell Melo for pennies on the dollar to a contender that doesn't require an extension to pull a trade, or hold onto him and watch him walk away for nothing in free agency this summer. All things considered: putting something together with the Knicks still seems like the best, most realistic option.
Looks real good for us Knick fans :D

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
My problem with all of this is I'm afraid of Anthony heading in to Free Agency.... why? Because I've met owner James Dolan at his annual 4th of July party which my uncle company caters part of -- the dude is probably the biggest asshole on Earth, and is ridiculously unpredictable. We all know he still has a massive boner for Isiah Thomas, who could easily leave his coaching job in July to be re-hired as GM if he doesn't pick up Dolan's option before June 30th -- because even if we were to get Anthony... I still can't help but believe that Isiah would fuck it all up in a heartbeat.

Si3t3

Reaction score
It's just me or this Melo trade is making the nba boring this season?lol I'm tired of waiting well not just me , we all , and a lot of GM's.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Knicks need to just lay back and see what the Nuggets want to do. I really like our chances now of getting Carmelo. Especially since James Dolan is getting involved in the trade talks and directly talking to the Nuggets owner about trade possibilities.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Knicks need to just lay back and see what the Nuggets want to do. I really like our chances now of getting Carmelo. Especially since James Dolan is getting involved in the trade talks and directly talking to the Nuggets owner about trade possibilities.
Yankees thought the same thing when they tried to trade for Cliff Lee from Seattle and wouldn't budge on including SS Prospect Eduardo Nunez.

Literally, the best thing for the Knicks to do is bump he offer up now and get him now, because if they wait Denver may take their chances in hoping the new CBA allows them to place a Franchise Tag on Melo after the season.

I understand not wanting to look eager because that can be bad, but at this point Donnie also has to consider the risks if he is too laid back.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think there will be a franchise tag, regardless of the outcry about stars jetting for FA this past summer.

Either way, get this deal done now and avoid any chance of him being swayed by any other team in the offseason when everyone has a right to speak with him. Without having the opportunity to properly weigh his options and hear out the cases for why team X is his best fit, Carmelo has made the decision that the Knicks would be the team he'd go to. If we trade for him now and extend him (which he'll gladly accept) then we won't know if there is any other team that can sway Melo. But once he hits FA, the flood gates will open and the chances of him signing with the Knicks go down a bit.

Don't trade Gallo, don't trade Fields, don't trade Amar'e and Felton (obviously). Anyone else can go - make it happen Donnie.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Lmao Knicks fans are so stupid. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MELO HERE. I would trade anyone besides Amare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%