The Melo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC15

Reaction score
4 future firsts?!?!?! The Nets are throwing their future away.
Our 2011 1st is the only one with a lot of value.

Melo, Brook and Billups easily lifts us to Hawks level.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
No it doesn't. The Hawks big 3 (Smoove, JJ, Horford) would be the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best players on your team. Brook is good but he's been a complete pussy this year and Chauncey is on the decline

VC15

Reaction score
No it doesn't. The Hawks big 3 (Smoove, JJ, Horford) would be the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best players on your team. Brook is good but he's been a complete pussy this year and Chauncey is on the decline
I'm more focused on next year when Brook should be free from the after-effects of mono. Avery has tried to turn Brook into Dirk (hasn't worked), that explains his poor
play this year.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I can't help but give Prohkorov a ton of credit. he played this whole thing like a fuckin champ. They wanted everything a month ago, so he backed out. Now the Nuggets wanted everything or nothing from the Knicks, and he slips back in with a solid but mediocre offer. I mean, draft picks are huge but like Melodramatic said only the 2011 1st rounder is the big part. Other than that, you're basically giving up 2 starters (Harris, Favors), Troy Murphy who barely plays, and Ben Uzoh who plays less than 10 mpg, for Melo and Chauncey. Thats a steal... if they can convince Melo to say "yes, I'll sign an extension in New Jersey/Brooklyn", they run away with a steal and look like geniuses.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared right now... I truly am shaking and have lost all confidence because I swear, the Knicks were in prime position to have "hand" as George Costanza would say, and then James Dolan waddles into the meetings and the Nuggets are like "Oh fuck, now we can ask for the whole crop and maybe we'll actually get this fat fucking 'eccentric' prick to pull the trigger!"

I actually believe, right now, that Carmelo will be playing for the Eastern Conference on Sunday (just sarcasm -- not even sure if that is possible or if he wouldn't be eligible because he wasn't voted in as an "Eastern Conference" player.) and will be a Net..... I hate to say it, but I think he's a Net.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Melo to meet with the Knicks and Nets either today or tomorrow. He should tell the Knicks, I'm going to New Jersey unless you trade for me.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"Proposed deal" reached.

Who thinks it will actually happen?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That'd be funny if it occurred before the ASG.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
haha yeah. I don't know if they would let him play for the East, they might just keep him on the West.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How in the fuck can they honestly think they can build a winner with a Melo/Lopez/Farmar core?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Nets and Nuggets reportedly have reached a tentative agreement on a trade that would send Carmelo Anthony to New Jersey.

The deal is pending Anthony's agreement on a long-term contract extension with the Nets.

The trade would send Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Sheldon Williams, Melvin Ely and Renaldo Balkman to New Jersey, and Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy, Ben Uzoh and four first-round draft picks to Denver.

Denver would then try to unload Murphy's contract on a third team, presumably using one or more of the picks received from New Jersey.

If Anthony turns down the Nets' overtures, the Knicks are expected to be the frontrunners to acquire Anthony before next week's trade deadline.

Reportedly both the Knicks and Nets will hold meetings with Anthony during All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles.

Via The Bergen Record

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"and four first-round draft picks to Denver"
What the fuck lmaoooooo.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hes expiring next season..

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
" The deal is pending Anthony's agreement on a long-term contract extension with the Nets."

There's hope...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the four first rounders still makes me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%