The Melo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC15

Reaction score
trade whatever you want, the nets WITH melo still arent a good enough team to win on a constant basis
We're only four games out of the eighth seed without Morrow and James playing (two starters). The East is PUTRID outside of three teams (Miami, Boston and Orlando).

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nets add Pistons to trade talks

The New Jersey Nets' latest attempt to acquire Denver's Carmelo Anthony involves the Detroit Pistons.

Sources with knowledge of the talks confirmed the Nets and Nuggets have hatched a three-way trade proposal that would land Nuggets guard Chauncey Billups and Pistons guard Rip Hamilton alongside Anthony in New Jersey.

The three-way trade scenario was first reported by the Bergen Record on its website Friday night.

The proposed deal would send prized Nets rookie Derrick Favors, former All-Star guard Devin Harris and at least two first-round picks to the Nuggets in exchange for their franchise player. It was not immediately known what Detroit would receive, if this deal were to go through, beyond Troy Murphy's expiring contract.

When asked how close this deal is to completion, one source close to the process said that the sides are still "going back and forth."

The Nets have been trying to find a third team, such as Cleveland or Minnesota, to help faciliate a blockbuster deal for Anthony that they've been chasing since September since the collapse of a four-team swap involving Charlotte and Utah.

The Nuggets, sources told ESPN's Chris Broussard, did not want Murphy because his contract will pay him $8 million over the remainder of the season. After the February trade deadline, Murphy will only be owed about $3.5 million. Denver might be willing to take him then.

But the latest proposal -- even if the Nets, Nuggets and Pistons reach an agreement in principle -- will not go through unless Anthony agrees to sign a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nets in what is known as an extend-and-trade. The Boston Celtics got the same extend-and-trade commitment from Kevin Garnett when they acquired him from Minnesota in July 2007.

As ESPN.com reported last month, Nets officials will request -- and receive -- permission to meet with Anthony face-to-face if a trade agreement is struck, so owner Mikhail Prokhorov and part-owner Jay-Z can lead a Nets contingent to lobby him directly on the team's future in Brooklyn.

The Nets, sources said, have not stopped looking for other third-team facilitators and likewise continue to discuss trade possibilities with the Nuggets that don't involve any other teams.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope all Pistons, Nuggets, and Nets fans now hate Dumars as well. For basically ending the talks.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Nets are dangling Harris for Melo, and the Nuggets don't want Harris.
I don't understand why Dumars isn't jumping all over the chance to get an actual starting PG.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see how Denver doesn't want Harris, the dude is good. Sure they have Billups, so just use Harris as trade bait down the road.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see how Denver doesn't want Harris, the dude is good. Sure they have Billups, so just use Harris as trade bait down the road.
They would of traded Billups in the deal, to NJ.
But Denver is REALLY high on Lawson. They don't need a PG at all.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
lmao, as a Knicks fan Im loving all of this. Im at a point where I dont even care if he comes to the Knicks, he is a good player but he isnt worth of these headaches and problems.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
What headaches?
He doesnt want to sign with almost any team in the league except for the Knicks and Bulls, he isnt very reluctant to sign with the Nets, the Nuggets dont like the trade package assembled by the Knicks and they are asking for way too much for a player that is obviously going to free agency if he doesnt get traded. The Nuggets want a ton of draft picks, but thats not going to happen.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I especially don't see Detroit giving up their 1st. Its gonna be a high pick.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Scrap the 3-way idea...Chauncey has no desire to be a Net.

Chauncey Billups does not want to be a member of the New Jersey Nets if they are able to acquire Carmelo Anthony.

Billups made it known Saturday to the Denver Nuggets, his agent said.

"If he is traded, he'd want to be bought out to he could survey the landscape and re-evaluate what he wants to do going forward," agent Andy Miller told ESPN.com in the wake of numerous reports the Nets had engaged the Pistons in three-way trade talks with the aim of bringing Anthony, Billups and Richard Hamilton to New Jersey.

ESPN

VC15

Reaction score
He doesnt want to sign with almost any team in the league except for the Knicks and Bulls, he isnt very reluctant to sign with the Nets, the Nuggets dont like the trade package assembled by the Knicks and they are asking for way too much for a player that is obviously going to free agency if he doesnt get traded. The Nuggets want a ton of draft picks, but thats not going to happen.
Let me guess, you've read too many Sheridan and Hahn reports...

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
darn.. I was hoping the Nets would completely destroy their future with that trade.. oh well.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
@WojYahooNBA Denver, N.J. and Detroit "progressing" on Melo blockbuster in talks Sunday, front office source says. Denver mining league for best offer.

VC15

Reaction score
darn.. I was hoping the Nets would completely destroy their future with that trade.. oh well.
The future?

Who gives a fuck about the future?

Look at how that's worked for Minny, Portland and LAC so far...

They stink and will continue to stink.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
The future?

Who gives a fuck about the future?

Look at how that's worked for Minny, Portland and LAC so far...

They stink and will continue to stink.
My point is... yeah they're getting Melo, but they'd be getting stuck with old man Chauncey Billups and old man Rip Hamilton, and giving away young talented guys, as well as a shitload of future draft picks.

Just seems like a big mistake. And do you think that Melo, Billups and Rip Hamilton will take down the Heat and bring a ring to NJ?

I just don't see how this is a good deal -- but then of course theres like 17 players involved so who the hell knows who else the Nets could possibly be getting.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
NJ wanting Det 1st round pick was deal-breaker, so NJ backed off that. NJ wants to send TMurphy & JPetro to Det for Rip
No thanks. I do not want Petro and his bad contract. Almost worse than Rips.

Newer news:

Detroit doesn't want Petro, so NJ currently trying to find landing spot for Petro. Detroit may eventually relent but rt now doesn't want JP
Of course, Melo still has to sign off on all this & agree to ext with NJ, but NJ getting indications Melo's agreeable.....
NJ getting indications Melo sit-down with Mikhail Prokhorov and Jay-Z may not even be necessary to convince Melo to sign w/NJ.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I hope this happens. I would love to hear what all my friends that are Knicks fans have to say after Melo agrees to sign an extension with NJ after they acted like he's a lock to be a Knick.

VC15

Reaction score
My point is... yeah they're getting Melo, but they'd be getting stuck with old man Chauncey Billups and old man Rip Hamilton, and giving away young talented guys, as well as a shitload of future draft picks.

Just seems like a big mistake. And do you think that Melo, Billups and Rip Hamilton will take down the Heat and bring a ring to NJ?

I just don't see how this is a good deal -- but then of course theres like 17 players involved so who the hell knows who else the Nets could possibly be getting.
We have Stephen "And-1 for the other team" Graham and Travesty Outlaw as our starting wings.

We'll be around as good as the Knicks/Hawks with this deal, but CP3 will be a FA once Billups leaves.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm hoping to see the Hawks get the 4th seed back in our grasp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%