Sportz Insomnia version 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
im at school and all of a sudden the background for Day works again. Basically all of it shows but the Banner. Maybe its my pc athome ill have to check that tho to see if the BG appears.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
what is up with this? I went to school and the BG appears there but on PC rather than Mac it doesn't appear... is it my computer and if so what can I do to prevent this from blocking the BG all the time?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The thing with Marvin Harrison and D-Wayde? I can see it and I have a PC.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I can't see it on my comp so I'm wondering if its something I need to adjust on my settings. Or is it because I'm using Firefox? IDK but I gotta dl new IE because old one got messed up...

EDIT: Just checked it on my newly installed IE and it dont show their either...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think that if it has to do with that team, it should go in the team thread and if it has to do with all the teams it can go in the nba section. i like it how it is.
Why not just post it in both?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
People have been posting NBA topics in the Team Threads.. I think we should figure out what's going on, and maybe lock the team threads so that only admins and mods can post new topics in there so that there's no confusion.

To me, the best idea is only have a Role Call and Gameday thread in the Team Sections, and keep everything else in the General NBA. However, either way, we should establish what's going on, because they whole half-here half-there thing never really works and is confusing and unorganized imo.
Yea thats exactly what we want...Team Threads where only Mods and Admin have the ability to post new topics. What is this the Chinese Government?

As far as I am concerned, Team Talk Threads are pretty much for fans of those teams to talk about what they wish. If anybody has an issue with "So and So" posting too much "General NBA" talk inside the "Atlanta Hawks" thread...then let the Hawks fans' worry about it.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1. Night banner finally changed- figured out how
2. have someone to code final buttons on Retro skin, need gfx in my PM box
3. No to idea of only staff posting threads.. point of those forums is for anyone to post anything to do with that specific team. if general topics are posted in there, they can be reported and the staff and/or NBA Mod can move them if they thinks deserving.

Josh10_10

The Realist Baller
Reaction score
The only reason I suggested posting all topics in the General NBA section is because when we all talked about team forums, it was a no because individual forums get too inactive. That's probably what's gonna end up happening now, because I know a lot of people aren't going to go through all the team forums individually to check out news. Anyways, just my two cents, I don't want this to turn into the Chinese Goverment or whatever AE was rambling about.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only reason I suggested posting all topics in the General NBA section is because when we all talked about team forums, it was a no because individual forums get too inactive. That's probably what's gonna end up happening now, because I know a lot of people aren't going to go through all the team forums individually to check out news. Anyways, just my two cents, I don't want this to turn into the Chinese Goverment or whatever AE was rambling about.
^That's "rambling" Josh. It just seems you've always got something to gripe about.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
most people use "Recent Topics" thread to view... so, the more active topics will always find a way to the top, regardless of which thread they're in.

but, like I said, it's totally up to the NBA mod on whether they wish to move the thread. maybe, they will take your suggestion and move the more active ones to the General Discussion. just point this out to them in the future when a topic starts to pick up in activity..

thanks for the suggestions. that's what this thread's for. i'm no turning down or accepting any suggestion before I've thought it through. maybe the NBA mod will keep all discussion in General and then move to individual team once the activity begins to die down.. who knows? I'm willing to give the mods a little more leadway with their own sections than before.

Josh10_10

The Realist Baller
Reaction score
Yeah I guess the best way is just try it and see how it works. I like the idea that the mods are getting more freedom, so hopefully it does work out. I was just saying from past experience I've seen that the activity really dropped down when threads were in specific team forums instead of the general, and I think that's what BKS was talking about earlier. But there's no way to actually know until we give it a shot.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Jarrod do u have any ideas on what I can do to my Internet settings so that the BG shows up? I can see it on other comps I rarely use but for some reason on my computer it does not show on either IE or FF.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
not sure what the problem is - cuz I use IE... i would suggest just switching skins

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why isn't the Dayskins Banner not working?

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
cuz balla has done something with the original images - either moved or deleted..

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, and how much longer till the Retro skin is up?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
all the changes will occur next week. It's Jarrod's plan as a Holiday Gift. And not sure if there is plain BG's on all the skins because the Black is just a black bg, day is black bg, night is a white bg.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
all the changes will occur next week. It's Jarrod's plan as a Holiday Gift. And not sure if there is plain BG's on all the skins because the Black is just a black bg, day is black bg, night is a white bg.
Why don't you just download Firefox? Maybe that will help your problems with the BG's.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm using both Firefox and IE it doesn't show on either. That's what I said b4 which is why i updated my IE.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd just use a diff skin....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%