Sportz Insomnia version 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
well for me all the buttons except for the Add Reply are on default.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1 - don't want to link to threads --- then you can't start new ones. purpose of Team Talk Forums is
The problem with that thought is that you are forgetting the majority of the teams in pro sports don't have ANY fans on this site. This isn't ProSports Daily or RealGM, we just don't have that many members. Giving each team it's own THREAD allows the fans to come together and talk casually, but when major news happens, we can still post it in the league forum. There's really no need for more than one thread per team, because all the major news (like trades, rumors, etc.) from each team is going to still go in the main league forum and the thread can just be used for casual talk, like I just said.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The problem with that thought is that you are forgetting the majority of the teams in pro sports don't have ANY fans on this site. This isn't ProSports Daily or RealGM, we just don't have that many members. Giving each team it's own THREAD allows the fans to come together and talk casually, but when major news happens, we can still post it in the league forum. There's really no need for more than one thread per team, because all the major news (like trades, rumors, etc.) from each team is going to still go in the main league forum and the thread can just be used for casual talk, like I just said.
Yeah, I agree. We really dont need team forums. We dont have enough fans....

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
ya I never saw the need for it and always wondered like how many people on this site are going to check out all the teams in the sports because clearly there's not enough fans of each team in each sport. I just wouldn't happen. It's a great idea if this were a site dedicated and primarily aimed towards one specific sport, then we would have many more fans from all over. But even with the amount of members we have, not all of them are active. In fact, few are. I'd say MAYBE 50 people post on here 10 times a week, most of us post more than that but the majority of the site members aren't active at all.
I love the idea I'm just afraid you'll spend so much effort in making the links and logos and all that and it will turn out that half of the teams in each league will see little activity unless the moderators in those sports just make new topics for each team each day which is just a waste of their time when they could be doing much more.
It's a wonderful idea and worth a try but I'm with Greg and BKS it might turn out to have been way too over anticipated and too much work for too little a effect. Like AE always tells me when coming up with article ideas, it's a good choice if the people are interested in it. If we're going to do this, I think we need a poll for and against it to see if the members want it. Present both sides for and against it and have a vote. that's my suggestions. Either poll or don't do it because you got an articler, a highly active member, and an administrator who are against it. I just want to know what the feedback is from the rest of t he site.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like the team pages idea, but I think it would be more effective when we have more members, so some threads wont be dead.

Hell if I was the only Knick fan, believe me I would talk to myself in that thread.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well, the general consensus from the beginning of this thread was to add Team Talk Threads. there's a few nay-sayers, but all teams will be added regardless.
this at least let's new potential members we allow ALL fans, not just particular ones. some threads will be less active then other.. so be it - that'll be a tough job for the new NBA mod to make sure they're not..

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, cause you dan't have to be a fan to post in there....just post what you know...or think...every little bit would help.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well, the general consensus from the beginning of this thread was to add Team Talk Threads. there's a few nay-sayers, but all teams will be added regardless.
this at least let's new potential members we allow ALL fans, not just particular ones. some threads will be less active then other.. so be it - that'll be a tough job for the new NBA mod to make sure they're not..
Exactly, so why did you make forums?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, the team talk threads would be better IMO.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cause Jarrod is thinking that forums people can post topics for their teams, and not just 1 thread for everything....what if your team releases someone or trades someone, they could post that in a forum, but they could only mention it in a thread.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cause Jarrod is thinking that forums people can post topics for their teams, and not just 1 thread for everything....what if your team releases someone or trades someone, they could post that in a forum, but they could only mention it in a thread.
yep - and I use loosely the term threads/forums..

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like I've been saying since the idea was brought up... All major news (trades, rumors, etc.) should still go in the league forum, whereas the team threads are used for casual talk between fans.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can see it already happening b/c it is inevitable in the world of individual Team threads/Forums....
...constant bickering between fans b/c rival fans are constantly bashing their team inside their their team's thread/forum.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can see it already happening b/c it is inevitable in the world of individual Team threads/Forums....
...constant bickering between fans b/c rival fans are constantly bashing their team inside their their team's thread/forum.
That already started.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That already started.
Yea thats nothing new.....*cough CC cough*

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
where's SI retro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%