Sportz Insomnia version 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like the idea, but instead of having the sub-forum be "NBA" it could be named "Team Pages" or something like that, IDK, just tryna help. But its a good idea, though me and Yanks may be the only fans for the knicks....
Yea I agree, it shouldn't be NBA sub-forum, but Team Pages. Yea and I also dont think we should have every team, cause some or most will just be wasted....cause no one cares....or only 1 person cares.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I thought we were just gonna have threads for each team, not whole forums... Not sure how much activity the Arizona Cardinals are gonna have...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I thought we were just gonna have threads for each team, not whole forums... Not sure how much activity the Arizona Cardinals are gonna have...
Yea or the Bucks, or the Clippers, or the Jazz.....the list goes on and on.

Interesting idea: on OTG (On The Gridiron) they have this chat thing at the top....kinda like IM but no smilies or anything, just a bar where you type....its pretty cool....I think its called a Shout Box.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For V2 we should get some new smilies and more color codes(the font color)

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea or the Bucks, or the Clippers, or the Jazz.....the list goes on and on.

Interesting idea: on OTG (On The Gridiron) they have this chat thing at the top....kinda like IM but no smilies or anything, just a bar where you type....its pretty cool....I think its called a Shout Box.
Yeah, we use to have a Shout Box, it's not really something that's neccessary (since we have the CT), plus I don't think it looks all that good.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm really not liking how these team forums are being set up... I'd do it like this

NFL Discussion
-Team Pages*
-NCAA Discussion

NBA Discussion
-Team Pages*
-NCAA Discussion

Not this -

MLB Discussion
-MLB
--Team Pages
---Atlanta Braves
---Arizona Diamondbacks

*Just make threads for now, we don't need entire forums for teams like the Milwaukee Brewers, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Seattle Seahawks and other teams that have ZERO fans on the board.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For V2 we should get some new smilies and more color codes(the font color)
No reason to add more colors... If you want a certain color, find it's hex code (6 character code, easy to find on websites) and type in

Code:
[color="#000000"] colored text goes here [/color]

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No reason to add more colors... If you want a certain color, find it's hex code (6 character code, easy to find on websites) and type in

Code:
[color="#000000"] colored text goes here [/color]
Good look on that I didn't know if we could use the list of codes on this site.

Josh10_10

The Realist Baller
Reaction score
I'm really not liking how these team forums are being set up... I'd do it like this

NFL Discussion
-Team Pages
-NCAA Discussion

NBA Discussion
-Team Pages
-NCAA Discussion

Not this -

MLB Discussion
-MLB
--Team Pages
Yeah I agree BKS. Just one sub-forum for Team Threads.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

NFL Discussion
-Team Pages*
-NCAA Discussion

NBA Discussion
-Team Pages*
-NCAA Discussion

Not this -

MLB Discussion
-MLB
--Team Pages
---Atlanta Braves
---Arizona Diamondbacks

*Just make threads for now, we don't need entire forums for teams like the Milwaukee Brewers, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Seattle Seahawks and other teams that have ZERO fans on the board.
Yea I also think this is how it should be.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you can't do just threads -- the purpose was to have clickable logos on the front page -- you can't link to individual threads - only forums

the team pages are places in the nba section for one reason.. if you make them as a 2nd tier forum, the links appear on the front page as a list -- making the front page even longer. that's y I put them into the NBA section as their own forum thread. with the clickable logo on the front page, you go straight to the team of your choice

Josh10_10

The Realist Baller
Reaction score
you can't do just threads -- the purpose was to have clickable logos on the front page -- you can't link to individual threads - only forums

the team pages are places in the nba section for one reason.. if you make them as a 2nd tier forum, the links appear on the front page as a list -- making the front page even longer. that's y I put them into the NBA section as their own forum thread. with the clickable logo on the front page, you go straight to the team of your choice
I'm not 100% with PowerBoard, but with the free ones, I believe you turn off the sub-forums list on the front for just an individual forum, and also, I'm positive that you can link a logo on the front page to any link you want, so it is possible to link a logo directly to the thread.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why can't you at least do this -

NBA Discussion
-Team Pages
-NCAA Discussion

The only subforums that would show on the front page are the Team Pages and NCAA Discussion link, then when you go inside the NBA Discussion there would be subforums listed under Team Pages (which would replace the logos on the main page).

It just looks stupid like this now (you have to go through like 3 forums to get to the team pages, one of which is nothing) -

NBA Discussion
-NBA
--Team Pages
-NCAA Discussion

Also, when you click on the MLB Discussion on the main page you are brought to a blank forum, much like the subforum in the NBA and NFL forum. Just get rid of those...

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
everything in the discussion will be transferred over to the "blank" pages. plus, if you click the logo, it's only 1 click to your team.

I'll have to finish up one completely to show u what I mean..

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I understand BKS and am on his side for this one. He understands the importance of the clickable logos on front but doesnt know why MLB and NBA are subforums. If your gona do that might as well have sub forums instead for separate divisions that way its easier to click on your favorite team on the front page rather than having 30 logos under each sport. That's just how I would do it. Maybe it will work I just dont wanna be looking for the Mets outta 30 logos.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I move the Team Threads to 1st sub-forum.. the 1st subforum is more of a Table of Contents page... if it's really that bad, I can move all the posts to the first click.. look at Baseball Discussion for example.

Marcum's Black Skin is now available in the Skin Chooser on the bottom

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's what I've been saying... Get rid of the table of contents page. Make the pro discussion for each sport the main forum and then sub the team threads and NCAA.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
done for MLB -- my intent was to make a Baseball Discussion thread, not a MLB with NCAA sub-forum...

nba_balla

Ball Hard .
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My skin is able to be shown to, but not everything is put together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%