Pistons 09/10 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ain't about to buy a jersey lol. Too expensive for me.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
chadfordinsider Sounds like Blazers inching closer to a deal. Nothing imminent, but team has 2 deals they like and believe 1 could happen soon ...39 minutes ago from web

Wonder if Detroit could be part of it?

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well they have a 1/29 shot in being involved lol

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i'm only interested to see what it is because i have a hard on for rudy fernandez

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I only brought it up cause Portland has a hard on for Prince.
Yea they do, they wanted him for the last 4 seasons. They really don't have anything I want outside of Roy, Bayless, LaMarcus and Oden. I like Outlaw and Rudy too but we are fine with youth there.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It didn't work that well with Allen Iverson here. But it sounds like John Kuester will often play small ball during crunch time. That means Charlie Villanueva at center, Tayshaun Prince at power forward, Richard Hamilton at small forward and Ben Gordon and Rodney Stuckey in the backcourt. That's the only way for Kuester to get his five best players on the floor at the same time. They had better be productive at the offensive end because they're going to have trouble getting stops in halfcourt situations
Got this from RealGM, Pistons forum

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that would be the worst rebounding lineup in the history of the nba

slpnsld23

Love Me or Hate Me
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dwight Howard and the best bigs of the league are going to run all over our front court. I was dissapointed the minute I heard Wilcox was signed, because that meant that we were likely done this off-season. I still would like to see Rip get dealt for a big, but I doubt it will happen now.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they needed all the guys on the floor who gives a damn
The Pistons will give a damn.. That lineup is incredibly bad on defense, and they will give up so many 2nd chance points.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Obviously are more offensive oriented now, and built to score not defend.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dwight Howard and the best bigs of the league are going to run all over our front court. I was dissapointed the minute I heard Wilcox was signed, because that meant that we were likely done this off-season. I still would like to see Rip get dealt for a big, but I doubt it will happen now.
What? First off we had almost no chance of moving Rip for a big, Boozer was the the most likely target and he's a nobody on D. Secondly Wilcox gave us added depth up front and has shown he can guard power forwards well and he can guard centers. Lastly Dumars has a hard on for a three guard rotation, you want to see a trade and as much as this hurts me Tayshaun is more likely to be moved and that is sooooooo slim.

If a trade happens it will be out of no where and or in the regular season likely by the deadline.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shortly after the Cleveland Cavaliers traded Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic to the Phoenix Suns for Shaquille O'Neal last month, it was speculated once Wallace took a buyout, and if he didn't retire, that he would return to either the Cavaliers or the Detroit Pistons.

Wallace took a $10 million buyout from the Suns. He left $4 million on table.

Well, rumors have circulated that Wallace, who had his best years as a pro in Detroit, will sign a one-year deal with the Pistons.

A healthy Wallace would be a valuable asset for the Cavaliers off the bench. His toughness is needed in the Cavaliers lineup. But it appears that Wallace's toughness will return to Detroit.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good news, he can help toughen up the young guys an be a good role model.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Yeah, I got this off of freep.com

There's growing speculation that Ben Wallace might return to the Pistons. The team wants another frontcourt player, and Wallace could be signed for the veteran's minimum of $1.3 million.
Advertisement

Writes Alex Raskin of HoopsWorld: "Even if he is unsure he wants to continue his career, he is the type of player that doesn't need to be in camp to contribute to a team. Don't be shocked to see him sign midway through the season, just as P.J. Brown did for the Celtics two years ago."

Sekou Smith wrote in a blog for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that "one of my best spies up north insists that it's just a matter of time before Wallace returns to the Pistons."

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rasho also signed with the Raptors so it's pretty imminent he will be here soon.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pistons signed Brian Hill as their assistant coach. I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%