Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good, I was waiting for that. Nice sign, I wish Bill was here though :(

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Nice sign. I wish Laimbeer was here also, but we need all the experience we can get on the coaching staff.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We still need a big man coach, Laimbeer?

Him and Ben would toughen up the young bigs a lot.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
True true. I doubt he goes anywhere this year though.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe Ben will be in Detroit as our Big Man coach not a player?

o_O

lol

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Haha. Who knows, that would be kind of sweet actually.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What. The. <Censored>.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea lol, not sure I believe that lol. But ya never know.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Auburn Hills -- Pistons President Joe Dumars said he will add at least one more big man to the roster before fall training camp, and former Piston Ben Wallace remains in that mix.

But Dumars said the team wants to keep its options open before making a final decision.

"Ben Wallace is someone we're discussing, but no decision has been made," Dumars said Thursday via text message.

Wallace (6-foot-9), 35 next month, has expressed interest in returning to the Pistons, for whom he played from 2000-2006. He left after signing a four-year, $60 million free-agent contract with the Chicago Bulls. Wallace was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers but was released after the season and remains an unrestricted free agent able to sign with any team. The Pistons and Wallace have been in contact; no deal has been offered.

The Pistons seem to have soured on Boston Celtics center Glen Davis (6-9). The Celtics say they will match any offer up to $5.3 million, and the Pistons cannot offer that type of cash without working a sign-and-trade or getting a third team involved. Power forward Joe Smith (6-10) is a good shooter as a big man and could be signed along with Celtics power forward Leon Powe, who is not expected to play until February because of a knee injury.

Former Piston Terry Mills has studied the landscape of big men and said the pickings are slim. He predicts Wallace will return to the Pistons unless they work a major trade, which he said is not likely. But Mills warned fans they won't see the same Wallace, who was voted NBA defensive player of the year four times and was made the all-defensive team six times.

"He can help them out as far as leadership is concerned in trying to develop the younger guys," Mills said.

"The Pistons are in a situation where their hands are kind of tied. Who is out there? You are in a situation if nothing happens now you have to wait until 2010. And you are in an ugly situation because all those guys who are all projected to come out their teams are working hard to sign them and keep them."

As it stands, free-agent signee Chris Wilcox and journeyman Kwame Brown would compete for the starting center position. Jason Maxiell is undersized at 6-7 but has defended the post at times. Dumars said he likes to have 5-6 interior players and believes he needs at least one more.

The big-man addition is likely to be Wallace or a veteran.

"Usually what you're looking for out of a veteran big man is leadership, toughness and professionalism," Dumars said.

Mill said he does not expect the Pistons to swing a trade because their big trade bait is guard Richard Hamilton and small forward Tayshaun Prince. Normally, NBA teams are reluctant to trade big men for small players.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just hurry up and sign Benny Wallace, unless he is making a deal I don't understand the wait..

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I actually wouldn't mind Joe Smith, him or Big Ben. But lmao at this Pistons Mailbag question:

Kenny (Portland, Oregon): I think the overhaul of the Pistons is not enough. Don’t you agree our team would be better off with a starting five of Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Tim Duncan and Dwight Howard? Joe Dumars should orchestrate trades for those players. Please pass this idea on to Joe. I am absolutely shocked he hasn’t thought of this idea before.

Langlois: And I think Dwyane Wade would make a marvelous sixth man, while we’re at it. Hey, some fans are going to think you’re serious. It’s worth noting that three of your starting five were the No. 1 overall pick in their draft years, Paul went No. 4 and Bryant was on the leading edge of high schoolers going to the pros at a time when most NBA teams were still uncertain how to gauge talent at that level. In other words, good luck finding players of comparable ability via the trade route.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And members of SI think we dream too much, good thing that person isn't here lol.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Haha, I just like how he says:

Please pass this idea on to Joe. I am absolutely shocked he hasn’t thought of this idea before.
Lmfao.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope he was just kidding.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
lmao that guy can't be serious

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Some people that send stuff in are retarded, so who knows.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
The Detroit Pistons have one rookie signing complete, with at least three others on the horizon.

Austin Daye signed a two-year guaranteed contract Wednesday and the team holds an option in each of the following two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%