Pistons 09/10 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fans in Detroit are excited about the return of Ben Wallace, but he'll play behind a number of big men this season.

The Pistons have at least four options ahead of Wallace at power forward and center: Charlie Villanueva, Chris Wilcox, Kwame Brown and Jason Maxiell.

Wallace is expected to sign a one-year deal worth $1.3 million next week.

The former Defensive Player of the Year has seen his rebounding numbers decline every year since 2003.

Via Detroit Free Press

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know you only posted that article Pugz, but wtf was that writer trying to accomplish? hah

Of course there are a few options in front of him, only a idiot wouldn't see that lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know you only posted that article Pugz, but wtf was that writer trying to accomplish? hah

Of course there are a few options in front of him, only a idiot wouldn't see that lol.
Why post this? I was just posting something I seen.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I still think they should get Ben in as much as possible. But I may be speaking too early, I haven't actually seen him play in a couple years.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ben Wallace re-signed with the Pistons last week, and Mike McGraw of the Daily Herald believes that the former Defensive Player of the Year never wanted to leave Detroit.

McGraw believes that Wallace was convinced by relatives to leave the Pistons for a bigger payday in the summer of 2006.
Greedy ass relatives.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was going to post that just now <_<

LOL, why would he even listen. And it wasn't even that much more.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Wow, why would he not do what HE wanted to do? Imagine if he never left us.. :/

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Deron Washington, drafted by Detroit in the second round of the 2008 NBA draft, signed a two-year deal with the Pistons on Monday.

The first year is partially guaranteed, although the Pistons anticipate he'll be with the club long enough to where it becomes fully guaranteed. The second year is a team option.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN's newsmagazine will focus on the rise and fall of Charles Rogers, and it will look at the playing and coaching career of Bill Laimbeer. The piece reminisces on how the NBA's Public Enemy No. 1 got under the skin of his opponents. "I can honestly say when I played against Bill Laimbeer, I hated him," Charles Barkley said.

Laimbeer quit his job as Shock coach to pursue a gig in the NBA, and one old adversary has his back. "If I was a GM, I would hire Bill Laimbeer," Sir Charles said.

We still need a bigman coach..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pistons signed former Baylor PG Curtis Jerrells to a partially guaranteed contract I guess.

According to hoopsworld.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So much for Ben seeing time at the point lol. Although it;s prolly just for camp then he'll be cut.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Or we are making a deal. :p
Sike lol. If he even made the team would be IR so Ben would play PG still.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ben Gordon's playoff performance helped him secure a lucrative free agent deal from the Detroit Pistons.

"He was a guy we always had our eyes on, so that never changed," said Joe Dumars. "Watching him perform in the playoffs only solidified what we felt all along. In terms of ending up somewhere else, what didn’t change was the amount of teams that had cap space. That never changed. We felt like if he was going to make a decision to leave Chicago that we were positioned to be the team. That’s with all due respect to the other teams that had money. We just felt like we were the team that had a better shot at him.

Via NBA.com

uwp

Reaction score
Ben Gordon is expected to come off the bench behind Richard Hamilton as long as the two are teamates in Detroit.
"Ben Gordon made a decision to come here knowing that Rip Hamilton is the starting two guard," Joe Dumars said recently. This job share has trouble written all over it, but there is also speculation that Hamilton will be traded at some point this season.
-roto

Its going to be pretty interesting to see how Gordon and Rip play together.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We better not have Ben as our sixth man too long, no way in hell do I want that contract sitting on the bench, this is also a bad way to miss his full potential. We better move Rip this season.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As long as Ben gets starter minutes like they say, I'll be ok.

We need to have Gordon be our #2 PG and SG. That way if Stuckey needs to come out he can go in at PG, same for Rip. And if both need out, I guess we go with Bynum-Gordon. Even though that would be the shortest backcourt of all time.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No more No. 3 for Ben Wallace. It’s official. He will wear No. 6 for the Pistons this season.

At the new conference announcing his return to Detroit, Wallace said of his jersey number: “I might just add up the front and the back and take whatever is left.”

Wallace, who turns 35 on Sept. 10, re-signed Aug. 12 after leaving the franchise in the summer of 2006 for a four-year, $60-million deal with the Chicago Bulls.

The center said at the time he wasn’t going to pester Rodney Stuckey to give up No. 3, the number he wore for the Pistons in 2001-06. He also had the number for two years with the Bulls, but wore No. 4 his last two seasons with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Flip Murray was the last No. 6 for the Pistons, and Terry Mills is probably the most accomplished to don that jersey.
Wallace wearing 6 is going to be odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%