Kobe Bryant

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeViNaKaDmOnEy

Reaction score
Ok, people My friend thinks Kobe is best player in the NBA. He also thinks Kobe isn't a ball hogger. I want your honest opinions please don't be bias.

Pierce

The Truth
Reaction score
Kobe honestly does hog the ball and makes some bad decisions but he also makes some good decisions.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He probably mainly makes good decisions, but thats only cause his shots usually go it. I think he is a ball hogger, and he takes it with 3 guys right on him rather than pass to an open teammate.

Pierce

The Truth
Reaction score
But mostly he is greedy. And because he is so greedy he gets those assists. If that makes sence.

DeViNaKaDmOnEy

Reaction score
Thanks, for the honest opinions. I keep telling him this. Need more opinions. And do you think he's the best player in the NBA?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh...best at scoring...sure. Best over all....no.

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with DJT. He is the best scorer, but overall definitely goes to LeBron. Also, he does ballhog, a lot. He just sometimes gives up the pass and his teammates seem to always pick him up and score so it makes him look a lot better than he is. But, no matter what, he is still a ballhog.

Th3MaMba

Reaction score
I disagree with all of you.

How is Kobe a ballhog? He's obviously committed to winning, .. and he damn well knows he's not going to do it all by himself. He wanted a legitimate team to contend with, and he has that now.

Sure, Kobe was a ballhog, but the inability of his teammates to hit shots 2 years ago, ... was the reason why Kobe was being so selfish. He now has teammates to back him up, and he can kind of sit back and groove along into the game. If you watch Laker games, Kobe feels the game, .. as to when to take over when his teammates need him most, or when to just sit back, and distribute the ball, and that has been key to the Lakers success. Finishing atop the Western Conference this year, and 2 years ago, if it wasn't for Kobe putting up big numbers, the Lakers would not be in the payoffs.

Look closely and watch the Lakers.

BTW, just some random stats.

7 of Kobe's teammates are thriving while playing with him, because they're all averaging career numbers.

Jordan Farmar

Derek Fisher

Sasha Vujacic

Pau Gasol

Ronny Turiaf

Andrew Bynum

Luke Walton

He now has teammates he can TRUST, which is why the Lakers are in the western conference finals, and are Western conference champs.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doesn't mean Kobe is the one making them better. The reason he makes them better would be because the other team is doubling him and concentrating on him.

Th3MaMba

Reaction score
Doesn't mean Kobe is the one making them better. The reason he makes them better would be because the other team is doubling him and concentrating on him.
...So he is making them better.

The Triangle offense provides an equal oppurtunity for every player. To have a post-man, is the key to the triangle offense. Almost all teams double when they have someone in the post, which results in a kick-out, and a wide-open basket. Kobe isn't selfish in anyway. He's willing to kick the ball out, he's willing to pass, and he's willing to do anything to win.

Last year, it was 5 against 1.

This year, he has guns in the chambers, as Kobe would say.

He has alot of weapons, and his team is ready to do some damage.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yet he refuses to pass to those "guns in the chambers." Especially when he gets aggressive after he thinks there is a "no-call."

Th3MaMba

Reaction score
Yet he refuses to pass to those "guns in the chambers." Especially when he gets aggressive after he thinks there is a "no-call."
Refuses? Nah, man. You got it all wrong.

He's been averaging 7 assists, and has been CLUTCH. He's the regular season MVP, which I could've swore was NOT an individual award, or else Kobe would've won it the past 2 seasons...

But then again, Kobe has teammates he can trust now, and can win along with, which is why the Lakers finished atop the Western conference, and are in the WCF.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yet he has about the same teammates as last year....hmmmmm.

And who cares how many assists he averages, if you take the ball to the hoop when your triple teamed, your a ball hog.

Eh...thats all i'm going to say. Sick of debating. I won't change your mind, you won't change mine.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A Celtics fan started up a topic about Kobe as a player... 'nuff said.

Th3MaMba

Reaction score
Yet he has about the same teammates as last year....hmmmmm.

And who cares how many assists he averages, if you take the ball to the hoop when your triple teamed, your a ball hog.

Eh...thats all i'm going to say. Sick of debating. I won't change your mind, you won't change mine.
No he doesn't have the same teammates as last year.

We have a TOTALLY, TOTALLY different team than last year.

You don't know how different it is.

Replacing Kwame Brown with Pau Gasol, and Smush Parker with Derek Fisher, both proven veterans, and both teammates can look to and trust, and a better Lamar Odom with an improved supporting cast?...

Totally DIFFERENT team.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So you say totally different by say they have Pau and Derek....hmmmm 2 players.

And of course their supporting cast is getting better, young players rarely get worse.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Let's just say that if it wasn't for Kobe, and his selfishness. The guys that are still around from last season, probably wouldn't have improved as much.
Now that Kobe has guys he could rely on, he IS passing the ball.

The hell is this BS about him forcing it against three guys? I'm guessing that DJT hasn't been watching the Lakers games again... as usual, only paying attention to his random favorite scrub players around the league. During the Nuggets and Jazz series one of the criticism's Kobe was getting during the close games/losses was that even though his teammate's weren't hitting shots, he continued to pass them the ball, why? "They were open." - Kobe

As I've stated many times before, it's a trust issue, Kobe has been stuck with a bunch of scrubs and underachiever's the past couple of years. Now that he has reliable people on his side, you best believe that ball is moving around. The Lakers wouldn't be praised as one of "the best passing teams in the league" by many announcers/experts alike if he was hogging it up like you guys claim. He's just being smart with the ball, Chris Paul is the same as is EVERY OTHER superstar in the league. If the team isn't scoring, they're going to force the issue to get their teammate's in the game.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why isn't Kobe the best player in the NBA?
You both stated that Kobe is the best scorer in the NBA. He is All NBA Defensive 1st Team correct? Which means he is a GREAT defender.
So he is the best player on offense, and top 5 on defense according to the coaches in the NBA.
And that doesn't make him the best in the NBA?

So to answer your question:
Yes Kobe is the best player in the NBA. And yes Kobe does tend to ball hog, and to make bad choices on the court at times. But his team continues to win. He is also the MVP, should of been for a while as well..

Th3MaMba

Reaction score
So you say totally different by say they have Pau and Derek....hmmmm 2 players.

And of course their supporting cast is getting better, young players rarely get worse.
Young players hit the rookie wall eventually.

And yes, totally different.

Did the Lakers have a low-post presence in Kwame Brown? LMAO. ..

And Smush Parker? Do I need to explain how much of a pathetic defender he is, and how much of a bonehead he is?

Explains why they're on the bench on BOTH of their teams.

..To put it all together, THEY SUCK.

Plus, don't forget Trevor Ariza. Lockdown defender, slasher. Perfect for the Triangle.

Please don't tell me Kwame Brown, Smush Parker isn't much of a difference than Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza, and Derek Fisher. That's nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%