Kobe Bryant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Th3MaMba

Reaction score
what was the last Lakers game you watched?
you obviously dont know what your talking about

you even said it yourself. he gets like 7 ast. per game.
how is that ball hogging?
its Kobe's fault than when he passes the ball to his guys and they miss their shots?
and i guess when everyone on the team is shooting up bricks, Kobe has no right to hold score the basketball, right?
And he should get more than 7 assists. The Triangle Offense is based on the ball moving from baseline to baseline resulting in a hockey assist.

-Torres-

The Truth
Reaction score
I'm a Boston fan, and I say Kobe is the best player in the League. He's the best scorer in the league, I'd even go as far to say that he's the best scorer to ever play the game. He's always on the all defensive team, which obviously means he is one of the best defenders in the league. The only argument people can really try to make is that he's a ball hog, but if you watched the Lakers this year, you can see that that isn't true. Plus, if your a person who thinks that stats tell you everything, he's averaging almost 7 per game. Currently, he's tied for 6th most assists per game in the playoffs, trailing 4 point guards and LeBron. To go a long with that, Kobe also rebounds well. He's 3rd in most rebounds per game for guards in the playoffs.

Kobe is easily the best player in the league as of now. He's one of the best of all time; right up there at the Jordan level, but people won't admit it because everyone rides Jordan. (Don't think I hate Jordan either, he's one of my favorite players, my bedroom is filled wit Jordan stuff.)

DeViNaKaDmOnEy

Reaction score
Don't go as far saying best scorer ever now. Kobe only gets assist because he touches the ball the whole damn game. Everyone wants to congraulate Kobe. Lamar Odom=So underrated where's his credit? Kobe gets everything, especially when he gets his ugly turn around shots. I can't believe some of you people said Kobe isn't a ball hog.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
??? So your saying the rookie wall was stopping the Lakers young guys? They have 1 rookie (Coby Karl, who pretty much never played much in the NBA just time in the D-League) And they only have 1 sophomore with Farmar. Bynum has been playing for 2 years already, he's past his "sophomore wall."
DJT you are an IDIOT. The Lakers do have a different team, Bynum is/was proving that he is the dominet C they needed, Lamar stepped up ALL season long, and YES Derek is a HUGE step over Smush, aswell as Pau is over Kwame.

Kobe makes some mistakes WHO DOESN'T!?! I'm sure someone on your 2500000 favorite teams do too. And in one of your post after this you say something like so he gets like 7apg but he's a bad rebounder, for a SG he has good rpg, what do you want him to do get 12rpg a game?!

And for the "rookie wall"... You do know that players that have been in the league for 5 years hit them "walls" don't you? It just depends on how they have been played and then they might be used different the next season.

Kobe is the BEST in the NBA right now and he may go down as the best/2nd best of ALL time.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't go as far saying best scorer ever now. Kobe only gets assist because he touches the ball the whole damn game. Everyone wants to congraulate Kobe. Lamar Odom=So underrated where's his credit? Kobe gets everything, especially when he gets his ugly turn around shots. I can't believe some of you people said Kobe isn't a ball hog.

Ill say this, you can call Kobe a ballhog all you want, but when you have the best player in the world on your team, the best thing since MJ, why wouldnt you want the ball in his hands?

He is a playmaker, he's one of the leagues best scorers, and the reigning MVP. He has a right to be a ballhog, look at where the Lakers are at: #1 seed in the West and their looking like the strongest team in the playoffs right now.

Ballhog or not, Kobe is a great player.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea i would put kobe on my team anyday of the week, hes a great player and leader.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ill say this, you can call Kobe a ballhog all you want, but when you have the best player in the world on your team, the best thing since MJ, why wouldnt you want the ball in his hands?

He is a playmaker, he's one of the leagues best scorers, and the reigning MVP. He has a right to be a ballhog, look at where the Lakers are at: #1 seed in the West and their looking like the strongest team in the playoffs right now.

Ballhog or not, Kobe is a great player.
Smart man this dez person is lol, I agree with this 100%.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kobe is easily the best player in the league as of now. He's one of the best of all time; right up there at the Jordan level, but people won't admit it because everyone rides Jordan. (Don't think I hate Jordan either, he's one of my favorite players, my bedroom is filled wit Jordan stuff.)
^
Yea i agree he's the best now to a lot people. (I personally prefer lebron). And yea he ballhogs at times when he has to. But i give when it's due credit he's a good passer he just has to feel like his teamates can actualy make plays. It's hard to think guys like smush parker and kwame brown can make plays. But they have a potentially championship team.

But i dont think he's at the jordan level and i dont feel like he ever will be at jordan's level. And if u want to say i'm a jordan rider then so be it. But kobe is not a jordans level. I feel like people forget how dominant MJ was.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dez is a genius.

Seriously, be honest with yourself, MJ himself was one of the biggest ballhog's the game has ever seen. Why are you not knocking him? When a player is THAT good like dez just said, I don't get why you wouldn't want the ball in his hands most of the time, and play off of him. If you catch up with the Lakers, you would know that they wouldn't mind at all. No one on the team knocks Kobe, they only smile and have the utmost respect for Kb24 when asked about him, and how it is playing with him.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Seriously, be honest with yourself, MJ himself was one of the biggest ballhog's the game has ever seen
^ Agreed but look at how he affected his teammates still though . They knew if they weren't making plays they were gonna hear from mike. He made guys like pippen and kukoc into stars in the league.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That was the point made in the rest of my post. These are the type of guys that you want to handle the ball most of the time. Y'know most of the scrubs around the league played better around Kobe, rather then declining, since most claim that Kobe doesn't make his teammate's better. It's not always about passing the ball, you could pass the ball all you want, but if it wasn't for Kobe's or his will to win, much like MJ's, Smush Parker would have probably stayed smushed.

Who cares if Kobe is on MJ's level or not, they're very alike in how they play the game and how they lead. They're not PG's, their job was not to set the offense up and constantly pass, especially in the triangle offense where it's not an assist-friendly system. Their drive and will is what carried their teams and teammate's, players fed off of that. Wouldnt being around a player with that much skill want you to step up your game while you're around? It was like that for MJ, and it's like that for Kobe, and his teammate's now.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That was the point made in the rest of my post. These are the type of guys that you want to handle the ball most of the time. Y'know most of the scrubs around the league played better around Kobe, rather then declining, since most claim that Kobe doesn't make his teammate's better. It's not always about passing the ball, you could pass the ball all you want, but if it wasn't for Kobe's or his will to win, much like MJ's, Smush Parker would have probably stayed smushed.

Who cares if Kobe is on MJ's level or not, they're very alike in how they play the game and how they lead. They're not PG's, their job was not to set the offense up and constantly pass, especially in the triangle offense where it's not an assist-friendly system. Their drive and will is what carried their teams and teammate's, players fed off of that. Wouldnt being around a player with that much skill want you to step up your game while you're around? It was like that for MJ, and it's like that for Kobe, and his teammate's now.
Genius post by the legend lyriks. I agree 100% man

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Kobe is a selfish player, but not a ballhog. I've learned there's a serious difference between the two.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kobe is selfish, but for good reason... Without Shaq, the offense must run through him...

And Kobe is no longer the best scorer in the NBA - if I need points, LBJ is my man. He is just so strong that he can drive at will and is a better scorer.

But overall, LBJ and Kobe are tied for me at #1, and CP3 is #3.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Kobe is a better scorer then LeBron.

You'll never see Kobe shoot in the low 30's for a 7 game series.

Th3MaMba

Reaction score
Pay no attention to that Celtics fool.

He actually thinks Le<Censored> > Kobe. He knows jack **** about basketball and is just a plain hater.

Th3MaMba

Reaction score
Kobe is a selfish player, but not a ballhog. I've learned there's a serious difference between the two.
How is he selfish? I'd love to hear your view on this. And you're basing this off this season alone right?

Th3MaMba

Reaction score
Kobe is selfish, but for good reason... Without Shaq, the offense must run through him...

And Kobe is no longer the best scorer in the NBA - if I need points, LBJ is my man. He is just so strong that he can drive at will and is a better scorer.

But overall, LBJ and Kobe are tied for me at #1, and CP3 is #3.
Kobe is a way more lethal scorer than LeBron. Plain and simple. Kobe can put up those numbers that LeBrons putting up on LeBrons 33 Shots per game.

Kobe can put up a great individual season like LeBron and put up stats, but he doesn't need to. He actually has teammates he can rely on, and to pick up his slack when he's down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%