Kobe Bryant

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Young players hit the rookie wall eventually.

And yes, totally different.

Did the Lakers have a low-post presence in Kwame Brown? LMAO. ..

And Smush Parker? Do I need to explain how much of a pathetic defender he is, and how much of a bonehead he is?

Explains why they're on the bench on BOTH of their teams.

..To put it all together, THEY SUCK.

Plus, don't forget Trevor Ariza. Lockdown defender, slasher. Perfect for the Triangle.

Please don't tell me Kwame Brown, Smush Parker isn't much of a difference than Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza, and Derek Fisher.
The rookie wall??? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that wall is only for rookies...And why are you trying to argue how crappy Kwame and Parker are??? That is completely off topic. I was saying you guys added Pau and Fisher. Sure you got Ariza and he's pretty good to, but 3 players don't change a team completely.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A ball hog is a derisive term in basketball for a player who tends to handle the ball so exclusively that his behavior is damaging to his team.
I'm pretty sure the Lakers ended the regular season in 1st place in the most competive conference in the League's history, and are now playing for the right to go to the NBA Finals

is he really a ball hog?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DJT how can you say 3 players can't change a team completly?

*please refer to Boston
(who only needed 2 players)

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They can for Boston. But not the 3 the Lakers have. Sure Fisher is a step up from Parker, but half the league is. Pau does change the team. And Ariza is just a decent player off the bench.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah i guess 7th place to first place in one year really means nothing > _>

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They can for Boston. But not the 3 the Lakers have. Sure Fisher is a step up from Parker, but half the league is. Pau does change the team. And Ariza is just a decent player off the bench.
Fisher is a great point guard. Better than half in this league. He might not be All-Star level, but if you remember he played with Kobe before, which really helped to make the team better.
Pau is an all-star and is really turning into a GREAT player in LA, cause him and Kobe are perfect for eachother.
Ariza is just a decent player off the bench, I agree.

But obviously this is enough to get the team to a better one. 7th to 1st means something.

Th3MaMba

Reaction score
The rookie wall??? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that wall is only for rookies...And why are you trying to argue how crappy Kwame and Parker are??? That is completely off topic. I was saying you guys added Pau and Fisher. Sure you got Ariza and he's pretty good to, but 3 players don't change a team completely.
Right, and the sophomore wall, also.

See Jordan Farmar, Andrew Bynum last year.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fisher is a great point guard. Better than half in this league.
Pau is an all-star and is really turning into a GREAT player in LA, cause him and Kobe are perfect for eachother.
Ariza is just a decent player off the bench, I agree.

But obviously this is enough to get the team to a better one. 7th to 1st means something.
Fisher is better than half the leagues PGs???? How? Most teams have a great to really good starting PG.

Still not convinced those 3 players pushed them all the way to 1st. Sure Pau did a bunch and Fisher helped a lot, but Ariza did not do much, mainly because he was hurt. Kobe is the one to blame again. He carried this team like he always does. Just like LeBron.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fisher is better than half the leagues PGs???? How? Most teams have a great to really good starting PG.

Still not convinced those 3 players pushed them all the way to 1st. Sure Pau did a bunch and Fisher helped a lot, but Ariza did not do much, mainly because he was hurt. Kobe is the one to blame again. He carried this team like he always does. Just like LeBron.
Lol you just said Pau did a bunch and Fisher helped a lot.

A bunch + a lot = Enough to help Kobe to become 1st in the West.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Right, and the sophomore wall, also.

See Jordan Farmar, Andrew Bynum last year.
??? So your saying the rookie wall was stopping the Lakers young guys? They have 1 rookie (Coby Karl, who pretty much never played much in the NBA just time in the D-League) And they only have 1 sophomore with Farmar. Bynum has been playing for 2 years already, he's past his "sophomore wall."

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DJT makes me laugh
he just doesnt want to except the fact that the Lakers are on a roll.........again

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They are on a roll. But that is also completely off topic.

Th3MaMba

Reaction score
??? So your saying the rookie wall was stopping the Lakers young guys? They have 1 rookie (Coby Karl, who pretty much never played much in the NBA just time in the D-League) And they only have 1 sophomore with Farmar. Bynum has been playing for 2 years already, he's past his "sophomore wall."
Which is why I said Bynum, Last year.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh...best at scoring...sure. Best over all....no.
yet he also says -
Kobe is the one to blame again. He carried this team like he always does. Just like LeBron.
So say it was all Kobe, that would mean he himself led the Lakers to the #1 Seed in probably the most competitive playoff race in the history of the NBA thus far. So how is Kobe not the best overall going by that logic?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
anyways, Kobe is not a ballhog in the sense that his game isnt a detriment to the team

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think that Kobe is arguably the best in the NBA. He's not really a ball hog because he scores most of the shots that he shoots but he'll still get his good amount of assists. When it comes to passing him and CP3 are kind of similar, they want the rest of their players to shoot it when they pass it to them. Kobe does this and when it comes to scoring on offense......He's Kobe. IMO he's been making great decisions if he wasn't they wouldn't have got this far. I guess you could call him the best the NBA has to offer but LeBron would really be his only competition for the best overall player.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yet he also says -

So say it was all Kobe, that would mean he himself led the Lakers to the #1 Seed in probably the most competitive playoff race in the history of the NBA thus far. So how is Kobe not the best overall going by that logic?
Cause he doesn't pass very great (yea sure he gets 7 apg yada yada yada), he can't really rebound either.

anyways, Kobe is not a ballhog in the sense that his game isnt a detriment to the team
Well I don't know about you, but if I'm playing basketball, I want to actually touch the ball everynow and then. And if i'm open I want the ball, and if I don't get the ball when i'm wide open, I take it as that person was a ball hog....or blind...call it what you will.

Th3MaMba

Reaction score
Cause he doesn't pass very great (yea sure he gets 7 apg yada yada yada), he can't really rebound either.

Well I don't know about you, but if I'm playing basketball, I want to actually touch the ball everynow and then. And if i'm open I want the ball, and if I don't get the ball when i'm wide open, I take it as that person was a ball hog....or blind...call it what you will.
Can't rebound? He pulls down 7 RPG which is the best among his position, SG.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Meh, I don't think many NBA players care about that, especially when your in the playoffs. They want the ring and that's all.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

what was the last Lakers game you watched?
you obviously dont know what your talking about

you even said it yourself. he gets like 7 ast. per game.
how is that ball hogging?
its Kobe's fault than when he passes the ball to his guys and they miss their shots?
and i guess when everyone on the team is shooting up bricks, Kobe has no right to hold the ball and actually score, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%