2012 NFL Draft Thread.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I have Blackmon higher, but Claiborne is still a great corner. I just don't value corners higher than 5.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I have Blackmon higher, but Claiborne is still a great corner. I just don't value corners higher than 5.
CBs in this league are more important than WRs.

WRs shouldn't go higher than 5 unless your Calvin Johnson.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Any corner can get beat. A guy like Steve Johnson burned Revis I believe. But not every WR can be covered. That's the way I look at it.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Any corner can get beat. A guy like Steve Johnson burned Revis I believe. But not every WR can be covered. That's the way I look at it.
WRs are dime a dozen, Good CBs.. are not.

TTN2810

Reaction score
A guy like Blackmon isn't a dime a dozen though. I honestly feel this stuff is just people stirring stuff up. I'm honestly not even that high on Blackmon. I feel sometimes he doesn't give 100% and comes off as a bit selfish. But the fact (I guess in my opinion it's a fact lol) remains that only 2 WR's in the past 10 years have had more talent.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
A guy like Blackmon isn't a dime a dozen though. I honestly feel this stuff is just people stirring stuff up. I'm honestly not even that high on Blackmon. I feel sometimes he doesn't give 100% and comes off as a bit selfish. But the fact (I guess in my opinion it's a fact lol) remains that only 2 WR's in the past 10 years have had more talent.
Larry Fitz
Andre Johnson
AJ Green
Calvin Johnson
Braylon Edwards
Maybe even Desean all were better coming out than Blackmon.

Gotta remember, not all were in the offense as Blackmon. College stats don't mean shit though. See Timmy Chang.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Something found on another forum.

2002 First WR taken - Donte' Stallworth
2002 Best WR - Eric Crouch (KIDDING! Don't throw rotten fruit!) Seriously... Antonio Bryant, #63
2002 Runners-Up - Deion Branch, #65; Javon Walker, #20; Jabar Gaffney, #33

2003 First WR taken - Charles Rogers, #2
2003 Best WR - Andre Johnson, #3
2003 Runners-Up - Brandon Lloyd, #124; Anquan Boldin, #54; Nate Burleson, #71

2004 First WR taken - Larry Fitzgerald, #3
2004 Best WR - Larry Fitzgerald, #3
2004 Runners-Up - Lee Evans, #13; Devrey Henderson, #50; Jerricho Cotchery, #108

2005 First WR taken - Braylon Edwards, #3
2005 Best WR - Roddy White, #27
2005 Runners-Up - Vincent Jackson, #61; Mike Williams, #10 (eventually)

2006 First WR taken - Santonio Holmes, #25
2006 Best WR - Brandon Marshall, #119
2006 Runners-Up - Marques Colston, #252; Greg Jennings, #52; Santonio Holmes, #25

2007 First WR taken - Calvin Johnson, #2
2007 Best WR - Calvin Johnson, #2
2007 Runners-Up - Dwayne Bowe, #23; Sidney Rice, #44; Laurent Robinson, #75 (sorry...)

2008 First WR taken - Donnie Avery, #33
2008 Best WR - Jordy Nelson, #36
2008 Runners-Up - DeSean Jackson, #49; Mario Manningham, #95; Pierre Garcon, #205

2009 First WR taken - Derrius Heyward-Bey, #7
2009 Best WR - Mike Wallace, #84
2009 Runners-Up - Hakeem Nicks, #29; Jeremy Maclin, #19; Michael Crabtree, #10

2010 First WR taken - Demaryius Thomas, #22
2010 Best WR - Antonio Brown, #195
2010 Runners-Up - Dez Bryant, #24; Mike Williams, #101

2011 First WR taken - AJ Green, #4
2011 Best WR - AJ Green, #4
2011 Runners-Up - Julio Jones, #6; Torrey Smith, #58; Greg Little, #59

Read more: http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10896708#ixzz1jslaRnHx
Theres about handfulls here I'd rather have than Blackmon. & I don't think he'll be a better pro than most.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Braylon or DeSean were even close to Blackmon. I'll give you the other guys though. So there's been 5 (for me).

But I don't care about the stats. I know those offenses inflate stats. Colt Brennan is another example. But what Blackmon has is weird for system guys like this. He actually runs really crisp routes. To me that's what sets him apart. He also plays a lot, and I mean a lot, bigger than his 6'1 size. He can go across the middle, and I'd take Blackmon after the catch over any of the guys you listed. He breaks so many tackles, great stiff arm, and totally underrated speed. I know you think he's slow, but he consistently showed the ability to break short catches into long TD's and outrun everyone. He's a long strider which makes him look a little slower.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kiper has the Browns taking RG3 and Kendall Wright in the first round. Pretty much a best case scenario for the Browns at this point..

TTN2810

Reaction score
Agreed. Their chemistry is amazing. But again, it's Kiper. My bet is that Wright is gone by then though.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I'll hope Kiper is actually right :p

Regardless, I'd be fine with Griffin and any one of Floyd/Jeffrey/Wright at 22. Assuming even if we trade up to #2 we'd keep the Falcons pick and just give the Rams our 2nd or 3rd.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Cheato, apparently Dwight Jones is rising a lot too. Don't be surprised if they take him.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Kiper has the Bengals taking Dennard and Lamar Miller.... Hmmmm
Wouldn't take Dennard. Character concerns.
Not a big fan of Lamar either.

I honestly think all these draft guys who have Miller in the 1st round are stupid. I just don't see it, especially with the Bengals. I'd go with Wilson, Martin and Polk over Miller. Quote me if I'm wrong in a few years, everyone is wrong, but I just don't see much with Miller other than speed. Situational back at most for me.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Wouldn't take Dennard. Character concerns.
Not a big fan of Lamar either.

I honestly think all these draft guys who have Miller in the 1st round are stupid. I just don't see it, especially with the Bengals. I'd go with Wilson, Martin and Polk over Miller. Quote me if I'm wrong in a few years, everyone is wrong, but I just don't see much with Miller other than speed. Situational back at most for me.
Yeah, it's hard telling who they go with, these guys don't know especially that late in the draft, anything can happen. I don't know much about either of them, it's just impossible to know really where they'll go, especially with free agency and all that. Definitely need a CB, OG, RB and S though. Just because these guys have Miller rated that high, may not be the same for the Bengals. Hard telling, at least last year I had a good clue where they were going, I have no idea who they are targeting this time around.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Richardson is the only RB that belongs in the first round.

Isaiah Pead is so underrated though.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Lions don't draft a corner this year..I'm gonna be pissed

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I never said 1 or 2 top 5 WRs.

When I said Top 5 I meant TOP 5 FA WRs..

Once again, dumbfuck.

And nobody said he was Calvin, therefore you said it.
You won't do that tho.... Guaranteed.

And it's all over many sites and forums that Blackmon will have the star quality of Calvin
And I said that it isn't happening... So all of a sudden I created a statement of equality that I don't agree with? Please stop.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
You won't do that tho.... Guaranteed.

And it's all over many sites and forums that Blackmon will have the star quality of Calvin
And I said that it isn't happening... So all of a sudden I created a statement of equality that I don't agree with? Please stop.
The Jacksonville Jaguars still have a plethora of cap room, despite spending millions of dollars on the defense last season. At last nights "Ready To Rise" rally at EverBank Field, which saw nearly 7,000 Jaguars fans attend, new Jaguars owner Shahid Khan said he plans to spend to the cap. "We've got a salary cap - we're going to be up to the salary cap," Khan told reporters after the rally. "In free agency, you have to spend money. You have to spend it wisely. We're going to be spending to the cap."

"We'll be very aggressive once we target the players," Jaguars general manager Gene Smith said at the rally. "Just like we were on the defensive side (last off-season), we'll try to upgrade the weapons on offense." After Smith spoke, Khan quipped, "Gene, Mike... please do that."

Last offseason, the Jaguars went out and signed Paul Posluszney, Clint Session, Dawan Landry, Drew Coleman, Matt Roth, and traded for safety Dwight Lowery. In turn, that "fixed" the defense by injecting talent into it. The team will look to do the same for the offensive side of the ball. There should be a plethora of wide receivers available and even a few offensive lineman, if the team feels that's an area to address. "We're going to be competitive," Khan said. "We're going to be going up to the cap, whatever is allowed. That's the wonderful thing about the NFL. You have a cap and we're going to be using it."
Proofs in the pudding.

Jags will spend big in FA.

Stop the hate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%