2012 NFL Draft Thread.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Richardson is the only RB that belongs in the first round.

Isaiah Pead is so underrated though.
Totally agree.

As I have it now:

1. Trent Richardson
2. David Wilson
3. Doug Martin
4. Isaiah Pead
5. Chris Polk
6. Lamar Miller

I know that's pretty different then most have it.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jags will get second rate players in free agency, again. Maybe someone like Meachem/Douglas/Doucet.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Totally agree.

As I have it now:

1. Trent Richardson
2. David Wilson
3. Doug Martin
4. Isaiah Pead
5. Chris Polk
6. Lamar Miller

I know that's pretty different then most have it.

you're just being disrespectful towards Miller at this point, lol

Isn't a bad list though, honestly. I just wouldn't have Pead ahead of Miller. Doug Martin is overrated as all hell too.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Landry definitely is... Poz isn't.

But just mark my words, nobody wants to play for the fucking Jags except 2nd rate players who will go for money and ultimately underperform.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Landry definitely is... Poz isn't.

But just mark my words, nobody wants to play for the fucking Jags except 2nd rate players who will go for money and ultimately underperform.
We'll see about that.

Where else would they go? Carolina? The bigger winning teams aren't paying.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Why wouldn't somebody go to the Jaguars?

Florida weather, young team, alot of money, new owner, new coaches, new feel, young QB who can grow as long as he has weapons.

The Pros outweigh the Cons.

TTN2810

Reaction score
you're just being disrespectful towards Miller at this point, lol

Isn't a bad list though, honestly. I just wouldn't have Pead ahead of Miller. Doug Martin is overrated as all hell too.
Doug Martin IMO is the furthest thing from overrated. He barely got any credit for Boise man. Love his game. I think he can be a feature back. Reminds me a lot of a Ray Rice, Mark Ingram, but tougher.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Why wouldn't somebody go to the Jaguars?

Florida weather, young team, alot of money, new owner, new coaches, new feel, young QB who can grow as long as he has weapons.

The Pros outweigh the Cons.
1. Maybe Gabbert will grow with receivers, but as of right now, he's as bad of a passing QB as Sanchez and Tebow... and no WRs want to go play for them
2. Most players want to win games, and right now the Jaguars dont really have a shot to win.
3. The Jags have more money, but by how much? I doubt the player gets $15M more JAX than other teams... and if they do, the Jags are probably making a terrible investment
4. OC is known from his times in Cincy to be predictable.... may not be the most enticing thing.
5. Miami, Arizona, San Diego, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, etc, all are warm climates as well

Cons (most specifically Con #2) outweigh pros.

They will not sign a top 5 FA WR.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
1. Maybe Gabbert will grow with receivers, but as of right now, he's as bad of a passing QB as Sanchez and Tebow... and no WRs want to go play for them
2. Most players want to win games, and right now the Jaguars dont really have a shot to win.
3. The Jags have more money, but by how much? I doubt the player gets $15M more JAX than other teams... and if they do, the Jags are probably making a terrible investment
4. OC is known from his times in Cincy to be predictable.... may not be the most enticing thing.
5. Miami, Arizona, San Diego, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, etc, all are warm climates as well

Cons (most specifically Con #2) outweigh pros.

They will not sign a top 5 FA WR.
1). Gabbert was a rookie with no offseason and no weapons and coaches that didn't give a shit because they knew their contracts were up at the end of the year. Sanchez and Tebow aren't even rookies. Gabbert wasn't the most ready QB in the draft and was a raw prospect that needed to sit a year or 2. Due to the Jaguars situation he was thrown into action and held his own at times, but with no help around him.. how will a rookie QB flourish? Exactly, he won't. IDC if its Dan Marino or Peyton Manning. Year 2 will be a much better year to judge Gabbert.

2). Jaguars have a better shot than you think, go look it up and compare it with the roster. Defense was top 10, offense just needs more firepower to put points on the board.

3). Shahid Khan is more than likely one of the wealthiest owners in the league, (Even was reported hes richer than Jerry Jones). Jaguars have the most cap to spend in 2012 and will def spend it to add playmakers on offense. This has came from the mouths of Khan & GM Gene Smith.

4). Bob Bratkowski is known to be predictable by the Bengals fans, once again, Fans. The Offensive Coordinator is the most hated person on every team by fans because they feel like they can always do a better job. Bob Bratkowski was dealing with selfish WRs and a QB that simply didn't want to be there with No Oline during the year he got fired from the Bengals. Also, it wasn't never HIS offense. Sure, he called plays, but Marvin Lewis had final say-so. Here in Jacksonville its a different system and Mike Mularkey has a better grip of an NFL offense than Marvin Lewis.

5). None of them have money to spend like the Jaguars.

Also, Jaguars have added a very good coaching staff.

Mike Mularkey (Head Coach)
Mel Tucker (Defensive Coordinator / Asst Head Coach)
Bob Bratkowski (Offensive Coordinator)
Greg Olson (QB Coach / Asst Head Coach)
Sylvester Croom (RB Coach)
Joe Cullen (DL Coach)
Mark Duffner (LB Coach)
Ron Zook (Rumored to be the ST Coach)

All well and respected coaches in the league.

They WILL sign a top 5 FA WR.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Lol @ acting like Tebow is even on Sanchez's level in passing.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Doug Martin IMO is the furthest thing from overrated. He barely got any credit for Boise man. Love his game. I think he can be a feature back. Reminds me a lot of a Ray Rice, Mark Ingram, but tougher.
IDK. Never come away impressed whenever I watch him.

Never really tested against respectable competition either.

Agree to disagree, I suppose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%