2011-2012 official NBA transaction/rumor thread

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Someone asked Scott Brooks, "So you hear you're getting Dwight Howard?" and Brooks deadpanned "Oh, so it went through?"
lol

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Not really, and they want to develop Paul George into their future.

If they had to trade either Granger or George, it would be Granger
Ray Allen is better than Paul George, easily.

Obviously, Danny Granger sucks, is 28, and is making more money.

Any other genius ideas?

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
One move that may make sense for the Cavaliers would involve the Hawks as a trade partner. Finnan notes that the Cavs have been in contact with the club to potentially bring Marvin Williams to Cleveland. Another scenario would add Josh Smith to the mix in return for Sessions and Jamison.
That would be a flat out steal for the Cavs if they could get Smith for those two. Don't see why Atlanta would make the deal though, there has to be something more enticing out there for J-Smoove.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It'd be Marvin and Smith for Sessions and Jamison, and it'd be a straight salary dump for the Hawks. It's not likely.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why are people mad at Bird? He didn't say he was shopping Hansbrough. He just said the asking price for Ray Allen is too high (Hansbrough and a first.

I see no problems with that. He's trying to get a point across to the Celtics. Which is= Be realistic

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Why are people mad at Bird? He didn't say he was shopping Hansbrough. He just said the asking price for Ray Allen is too high (Hansbrough and a first.

I see no problems with that. He's trying to get a point across to the Celtics. Which is= Be realistic
Who the hell is mad at Bird?

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Look at the previous page....
Nobody said anything negative about Bird, other than me, and all I said was that it was that it seemed unprofessional to reveal other people's asking prices, which had absolutely nothing to do with what you said about shopping Hansbrough.

You are the most frustrating poster ever. Nothing you say ever makes any sense.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Everything I said made sense.

It's not my fault people are mentally retarded.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
"I always make sense.
Everyone else is retarded.
Jimmer Fredette is the best basketball player ever.
I +1 all my posts, to make it seem as if someone besides myself agrees with me
Mormons>Black people"

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really hope someone is stalking DJT's posts and +1ing them immediately just to frame him. That would be awesome.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score

What does this have to do with...

SMH at Bird telling the media what he was looking for, doesn't seem very professional to me.
this.

My quote was the only criticism of Bird on the last page and not once did I say he was dumb for putting Hansbrough on the block or anything of the sort. Your post was completely random and had absolutely nothing to do with anything going in the thread.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lakers revisiting pursuit of Cavs’ Sessions

The Los Angeles Lakers are stepping up their efforts to trade for Cavaliers point guard Ramon Sessions, multiple Western Conference sources have told FOX Sports Ohio.

According to one source, the Lakers’ interest in Sessions appeared to peak around All-Star weekend, but dwindled quickly when they learned the Cavs’ wouldn’t budge from receiving a first-round draft pick in return. But after exploring the market for a point guard, “the Lakers are finding a deal for Sessions may be the best fit,” a source said.

Other teams have called the Cavs about Sessions, but the Lakers are said to be the favorites. They have been hesitant to give up a first-round pick for him, however, because he can opt out of his contract at season‘s end.

The Cavs are also content keeping Sessions if they don’t get a deal they like. Teams have until Thursday afternoon to make a trade, or will be forced to wait until the season ends.

Sessions, 25, is averaging 10.6 points and 5.1 assists in just less than 25 minutes per game as Kyrie Irving’s backup.

“He’d be a big upgrade (for the Lakers) at point guard,” one source said.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this is why i hate the lakers
they wont bench fisher. so getting sessions would be meh

id rather keep the pick

they will start fish
use sessions as backup pg
use blake/goudelock for the remainder of minutes as kobe's backup/3rd PG. Goudelock is currently in this role and is playing 11 minutes a game

screw that. as much as we need a PG, not worth it unless they bench fisher

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
trust me, no he wouldnt
he would play more minutes, but he wont start

the only way to hide fisher's lack of skill is to hide him with kobe/bynum/pau

and our bench is the worst in the NBA

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Then what's the difference if he comes off the bench and still plays 30 minutes a game?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he's just not worth a pick to me
especially since he said he's going to opt out

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Considering the Lakers have two firsts, I think it would be worth it to improve the club for this year by giving up one to try and make a run. They could always re-sign him, I'm sure he'll like it in LA. Only 25 years old.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%