2011-2012 official NBA transaction/rumor thread

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Figured we needed a new thread to put trade rumors and such in.

ESPN the Magazine reports that the Warriors have reached out yet again to the Grizzlies regarding a trade for Monta Ellis, this time involving Rudy Gay in exchange for the scorer in addition to another asset. The Warriors' other asset to move would be Andris Biedrins, who, in combination with Ellis would represent over $20 million in assets. Kind of a lot for the Grizzlies to take on. Ekpe Udoh is another choice, as the Warriors are said to be pursuing a center in free agency. The Grizzlies have repeatedly said they are not trading Gay, but continue to be involved in conversations to the contrary, because, well, that's how the NBA works.
Mentioned on SC a Monta Ellis + asset for Rudy Gay deal. Came from GS side. If Mem considered - big if - it would be for financial reasons.
I think this is more of GS just being aggressive on the phones, couldn't see a deal like this working out. Especially with Dorrell Wright having a good season for GS.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
tyson chandler doesnt expect to be back as a mav.

ric bucher said on sportcenter that he expects the nets to fall short on dwight so theyll toss a max deal at nene. hes a good player and all but he isnt worth a max deal.

maybe another free agency blown for the nets?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The other owners are gonna rip up the CBA if the Nets give Nene a max deal.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Tayshaun Prince leaves the Pistons, the team is expected to take a look at Mike Dunleavy.

Dunleavy is a free agent after being with the Pacers since the 06-07 season.
I'd take Mike to a 1-2 year deal all day.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
we'd be better off trying to get a big man but id be happy with him on a short term deal.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As expected, the Hornets and Pacers appear to be the leading contenders for David West.

West's future with New Orleans, however, could be tied to what the team decides to do with Chris Paul. If Dell Demps believes there is a chance of convincing Paul to re-sign with the club, he will be more aggressive in signing West to a new deal.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
when i read that earlier, i was like: "why do the hornets want to keep david west and copy deron's sidekick? they're losing chris paul anyways"

LMAO i totally forgot he was a Hornet. i was thinking of the nets being his team this time

this lockout killed me......and his injury :)

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think we all know CP's future. It would take a miracle for him to resign with the Hornets. I've accepted that. So what would be the point of signing a 31 year old PF who's coming off major surgery? The Hornets will have tons and tons and tons of cap room so I'd rather trade CP, get a few young talented players for him, maybe a pick or two, then try and sign another impact player in FA. I keep hearing about the Clippers deal, and I'd like that deal.

Jack / FA / FA
Gordon / Belinelli / FA
Ariza / Pondexter / FA
Landry / Smith / FA
Okafor / Jordan / FA

That would leave the Hornets with a lot of room to make moves, eventually trading away Okafor and having (hopefully) that Minnesota pick to land a bigtime rookie.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Union better hurry up and accept this deal already. They are now talking about pushing back the start of free agency and stuff.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Per Marc Spears, the Hornets and Pacers are the two too suitors for David West.

Also, the Hornets are after SG Nick Young, as well as the Bulls and Nuggets. Wizards want him back too.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Front office executives from several teams are trying to be the first team to meet with Nene at midnight on December 9th in Brazil.

“That will go down to the wire,” a source close to Nene said.

The Denver Nuggets, New Jersey Nets, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets, Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Clippers and Portland Trail Blazers were among the teams that reached out to Nene’s representatives on Wednesday.

Nene appears to be the main free agent prize for teams with cap space.

The Nuggets will almost certainly pay Nene more than they would have if they were more serious in their extension offer earlier in the year.

The Nets could be the major contender for Nene, as they can provide the ability to play with Deron Williams.
I think Nene playing along David Lee in GS or Louis Scola in Houston would be a real good frontcourt.

Jim Buss has finally has dropped his opposition to trading Andrew Bynum "for the right deal", according to a source.

That right deal would almost certainly mean Dwight Howard, who is believed to be highly interested in joining the Lakers.

Some in the agent community have speculated that Bynum may not be the player Orlando would want and that a three-way trade involving Andrew Bogut could be consummated.
Open the "Dwight to LA" rumor flood gates.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nene in Portland...that would be awesome! But he'd probably blow out a knee if that happens...

Pacers would be a real interesting situation...I would think Nene would play PF with Hibbert at C. Thats a nasty duo.

Not sure if anyone has said this, but the Thunder are supposedly going to buy out Nate Robinson. Its about dang time.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The world of the sim league has poored over to real life. I've been reading some Clippers fans comments about trading for Chris Paul and this is the deal they want:

Chris Paul

for

Mo Williams
Minny's 1st
Aminu/Bledsoe

lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Portland Trail Blazers are considering giving Nicolas Batum a multi-year contract extension.

“We’re definitely talking about that,” Miller said. “Nic is somebody that we see as part of the organization going forward. He’s part of the future of this organization.”

Batum is equally eager to listen.

“Why not?” Batum said in a phone interview from France. “I came up with the Blazers. I love Portland. I love the fans. If I can continue with them, of course I want to. Why not?”

Via Oregonian

nick young to the bulls would be a good fit but he isnt a real third option imo. going to what nola posted earlier..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sources say the Pistons still believe Hamilton has some trade appeal to contending teams, particularly as he moves closer to the end of his contract. Debatable as rival teams might find that stance, sources close to the situation add that the Pistons' preference is keeping everyone.
Lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.
Go to fucking hell Dumars.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The world of the sim league has poored over to real life. I've been reading some Clippers fans comments about trading for Chris Paul and this is the deal they want:

Chris Paul

for

Mo Williams
Minny's 1st
Aminu/Bledsoe

lol
LOL not a chance the Hornets take that. I'm really trying to find a deal from the Clippers that the Hornets would possibly accept...I mean EG and Blake aren't leaving...everyone else is probably fair game...but is that enough?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL not a chance the Hornets take that. I'm really trying to find a deal from the Clippers that the Hornets would possibly accept...I mean EG and Blake aren't leaving...everyone else is probably fair game...but is that enough?
Gordon would be involved, that's the main piece the Hornets like. I know a few people (on the Hornets forum) that are very close to people inside the Hornets organization and that's a deal that is being discussed hard.

Don't let this turn into the sim league. "Trade me your best player, but I'm not involving my best players" lol

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Clippers wouldn't trade him though. But if they will trade EG, a deal could get done. Much more realistic than NY.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Clippers wouldn't trade him though. But if they will trade EG, a deal could get done. Much more realistic than NY.
I can tell you they are willing to trade him for Chris Paul.

The deal as I've heard it (and this is only the foundation of a deal) is Gordon and DeAndre Jordan for Chris Paul. The Clippers could also add Bledsoe (don't think the Hornets would have much interest), Aminu, or Minny's pick. Like I said that's only a foundation, so the Hornets or Clippers could add more to make the salaries work a little better. I've also heard the Clippers are trying to sign Gordon and Jordan to extensions to make the salaries work better.

Some people say if the Hornets traded Paul to the Clips Gordon and Minny's pick would have to be involved, no if ands or buts.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That Minny pick could be real good...

I could see Bledsoe being involved...the Hornets will need another point won't they? I guess there is free agency.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%