2010/2011 MLB Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC15

Reaction score
Enough about the Red Sox.

Let's discuss how Cliff Lee will look in Yankee Pinstripes.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He will turn out how AJ Burnett is.
^ No, that's just not happening. AJ Burnett has been a .500, up & down, feast or famine pitcher his entire career. It's not like AJ Burnett signed with the Yankees and suddenly started to suck. AJ Burnett's 2010 with Yankees has been the story of his career. Outside of being able to shut down the AL East and come up big in some post-season appearances...he's really not all that great of an arm. Too much of a head-case as well.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
The Blue Jays have inquired about the availability of Kansas City right-hander Zack Greinke.

The Royals are looking for two “can’t-miss prospects” as a starting point in talks for Greinke, who won the 2009 American League Cy Young.

The Jays have also discussed obtaining Alex Gordon, a former No. 1 draft pick
Anyone know who the Blue Jays top prospects are?

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Zach Stewart, Chad Jenkins, J.P Arencibia, Kyle Drabek, Travis D'Arnaud and so on. I think jays have enough to get Greinke but I personally don't think he's gonna do well in the AL East. If he can repeat what he did in 2009 maybe but I'm not quite sold on him yet. I like Gordon though.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gordon's a headcase. He was supposed to be the Royals savior and that got to him, injuries. He tries to hit a home run everytime he goes to bat, but he still is still young and has the potential to be a good player. A change of location might help.

Greinke is the real deal. I think he'd do good in any division.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like Gordon cuz his value has dropped mightily and we might not have to give up a lot to get him. And like you said a fresh start might really help him a lot. I feel like our rotation is good enough is good enough greinke.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Yeah the Jays definitely have what it takes to get Greinke, and playing in Toronto might actually help him.

Meanwhile..... It appears the Sox want to bring Beltre and VMart back

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=5796794

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
The Athletics have claimed third baseman Edwin Encarnacion off waivers from the Blue Jays.

The move appears to put Kevin Kouzmanoff's job in jeopardy.

Encarnacion batted .244 with 21 home runs and 51 RBIs in 96 games with the Blue Jays last year.
http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/22436/20101112/as_claim_encarnacion_off_waivers/

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
The Sox have acquired Andrew Miller

On Friday, the Red Sox traded left-handed reliever Dustin Richardson, who flopped in his audition with the team this past season, to the Marlins for another left-hander, Andrew Miller. according to an ESPN.com report.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Man the Mets are taking too long to hire a new manager. Which might be a good thing, I just wish we had a manager now. Its more than likely going to be Terry Collins.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently Jays are the favourites to land Uggla? Man wtf? I'm assuming he's gonna move to 3B though. It wouldn't make sense to get him for a year.If Jays get him, they better lock him up because Jays rally have no good 3B prospect.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I doubt it. I know he said he'd be willing to play 3rd but he has a gold glove caliber defense at 2B.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Yeah it would very odd to put Hill at third. It would just be wasting his glove. Uggla is much more suitable for third.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dodgers are going to re-sign Hiroki Kuroda
1 yr, 12M

excellent

nice rotation. Kershaw/Bills/Lilly/Kuroda
just need a 5th. Im guessing Padilla is back. Maybe they look at Aaron harang, rumor the other day is Brandon Webb interests them.

and Davey Lopes will be the Dodgers 1B coach. excellent again.
Dodger legend back in blue. cant wait for him to get a hold of Kemp. He was a huge reason why the Phils were so successful stealing bases

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
12 m? Were his numbers even that good last season??

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
12M seems like a lot, and it is.
probably not worth that much really, but he could have easily gotten that, maybe more, on the open market

and it's only 1 year. if it means the Dodgers have to pay up a little for a 1 yr deal, fine
a 3 or 4 year deal at 12M would make me uneasy

and yeah Kuroda was excellent this past season. Probably the 2nd best pitcher on the market after Cliff lee
he's always been a solid pitcher and has moments of "wow"
his 2nd half was awesome as well.

and it's actually a pay cut. he made 15M in 2010

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Oliver Perez makes 12 million and hes definitely worth all that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%