snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pin please.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. Should be pinned in the next few days.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Topic has been pinned. I think picking up Reyes' option was a good move because he still has some untapped potential as long as he stays healthy. He hasnt really been healthy the past 2 years, but I think this year he will be healthy.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
He really didnt have that bad of a year. Batted around .280 which is average for him and stole 30 bases, which is good considering he missed time here and there due to a nagging leg injury.

I think Mets fans forget how valuable he is to this ballclub. Anybody who paid attention to their games in 06 and 07 knows that when he's on fire and getting aggressive out there, getting pumped up, that the entire team responds and gets excited. They have fun, they play better and play like a team. When he struggles, they struggle.

He's the heart of that lineup when hes healthy because he influences their motivation so much, and this team needs that.

One thing that is beginning to annoy me is all the Mets fans are asking for change. "Get better hitters, get better pitchers, improve the farm system" but you can't do all of that without getting rid of key players. Ya gotta sacrifice something to improve down the line.

I might be one of them that wants to see them make a gamble and get rid of key guys, but I also don't want to see those key players go -- and I'm talking mainly about Reyes and Wright. It's hard to explain -- like, I want to see them shake things up but kinda don't want to see it, even though I know that may be the only way to fix things up -- break up the heart of the team and spend 3 or 4 years rebuilding.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Cubs Eyeing Nick Johnson and keeping an eye on Kerry Wood.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/11/cubs-notes-nick-johnson-wood-payroll.html

I don't like the idea of Johnson. Guy is just too injury prone and friends of mine who are yankees expressed that same concern when the Yanks signed him last offseason.

Plus the Cubs recently tried that with OF Xavier Nady, and kind of regret that deal now due to injury problems as expected.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
He really didnt have that bad of a year. Batted around .280 which is average for him and stole 30 bases, which is good considering he missed time here and there due to a nagging leg injury.

I think Mets fans forget how valuable he is to this ballclub. Anybody who paid attention to their games in 06 and 07 knows that when he's on fire and getting aggressive out there, getting pumped up, that the entire team responds and gets excited. They have fun, they play better and play like a team. When he struggles, they struggle.

He's the heart of that lineup when hes healthy because he influences their motivation so much, and this team needs that.

One thing that is beginning to annoy me is all the Mets fans are asking for change. "Get better hitters, get better pitchers, improve the farm system" but you can't do all of that without getting rid of key players. Ya gotta sacrifice something to improve down the line.

I might be one of them that wants to see them make a gamble and get rid of key guys, but I also don't want to see those key players go -- and I'm talking mainly about Reyes and Wright. It's hard to explain -- like, I want to see them shake things up but kinda don't want to see it, even though I know that may be the only way to fix things up -- break up the heart of the team and spend 3 or 4 years rebuilding.
He didnt have that bad of a year, but he didnt progress, he regressed actually if you look at his stats from 2006 and 2007. I want to keep Reyes and Wright because they are still relatively young, who I do want to get rid of is the much older players such as Beltran, Perez, Maine, and Castillo. Its time to rebuild going much younger and much cheaper through a proper use of the farm system and well developed scouting and development. I think that we have done that to an extent with Thole and Davis, but we need to continue to develop far better pitching prospects in the future to take advantage of our spacious ballpark. I think that Sandy Alderson understands that and if you listen to his interviews he's all about building up the farm and having players that are home grown. Obviously we have the resources to do it, we just need to spend the money wisely and not be so top heavy every year where an injury can really cripple the team.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cliff Lee signs with Yankees, Carl Crawford signs with Red Sox, cool off-season.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Watch Lee surprise us.................and not sign with the Yankees

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Hell yeah

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/baseball/2010/11/04/15967151.html

Very happy the Sox kept Ortiz.

However it also mentions Beltre has declined his option which sucks.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tigers are going to pursue Werth, Martinez, and Crawford I guess.
Hopefully we can get a couple.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
We need to resign Martinez, and Red Sox are in the hunt for both Crawford and Werth.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hear Red Sox ain't willing to give Martinez a multi-year deal. And Detroit will get him cause we are the only team that will lol.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
<Censored>, we need a catching then.

And there isn't really anything that stands out.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Martinez should sign somewhere to play 1B or DH.. He's a horrible defensive catcher now.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Rays could potentially be hit hard with losing Pena, Soriano and Crawford.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
It's safe to say, Gerald Laird won't be the Tigers catcher next year, which is great news for the Tigers.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
He didnt have that bad of a year, but he didnt progress, he regressed actually if you look at his stats from 2006 and 2007. I want to keep Reyes and Wright because they are still relatively young, who I do want to get rid of is the much older players such as Beltran, Perez, Maine, and Castillo. Its time to rebuild going much younger and much cheaper through a proper use of the farm system and well developed scouting and development. I think that we have done that to an extent with Thole and Davis, but we need to continue to develop far better pitching prospects in the future to take advantage of our spacious ballpark. I think that Sandy Alderson understands that and if you listen to his interviews he's all about building up the farm and having players that are home grown. Obviously we have the resources to do it, we just need to spend the money wisely and not be so top heavy every year where an injury can really cripple the team.
5 man rotation....

Jonathon Niese
Mike Pelfrey
Jenrry Mejia

3 young players in our rotation who came up through our farm system. Our farm system isn't great but my point is that we have devloped some pretty solid pitching prospects recently.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Looks like teams are already contacting SP Brandon Webb's agent showing interest in pursuing him this offseason.

Going to be interesting seeing where he ends up and who makes the biggest push -- also seems like Arizona isn't ruling out bringing him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%