2010/2011 MLB Offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Well the Rangers will be bringing back Ron Washington as their Manager for two more years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=5763540

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't like the chances of Webb getting back to his old self. He's had a hard time getting some velocity back. His fastball dipped down to the low 80s apparently.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I don't like the chances of Webb getting back to his old self. He's had a hard time getting some velocity back. His fastball dipped down to the low 80s apparently.
Yeah that ain't happenin. He'll sign something similar to what Rich Harden signed. 1-year, probably in the range of 6-9M, with a mutual option for a 2nd year.

Team's won't invest too much in him - but there's already interest so I think somebody will over pay for him.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Looks like Kevin Gregg will not be back with the Jays

http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=339933

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Jhonny Peralta and the Detroit Tigers are close to completing an agreement for two years and $11.25 million, according to a source close to the negotiations.

"There are some details to be worked out, but there is a mutual interest to finalize this", the source told ESPNdeportes.com on Saturday.

The 28-year-old shortstop hit .249 with 15 home runs and 81 RBIs in 148 games in 2010 with the Cleveland Indians and Detroit.

Once with the Tigers, Peralta hit .253 with eight homers and 38 RBIs in 57 games.

On Tuesday, the Tigers declined a $7 million club option for 2011 that was part of Peralta's contract agreement with the Indians.
Good to see they should be getting Peralta back. I figured they would, even after declining to pick-up his option. He was a nice bat for them, in the short time he was there. Now, hopefully we can see the damage he can do in a full year.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I honestly thought he wasn't coming back. Still nice to keep him around though.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good to see they should be getting Peralta back. I figured they would, even after declining to pick-up his option. He was a nice bat for them, in the short time he was there. Now, hopefully we can see the damage he can do in a full year.
Strikeout a lot with a low average and about 12 homers with awful defense

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they just signed Inge so that means Peralta will be their everyday SS?

can he still play shortstop?
and wow, didnt realize he's only 28

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He spent some time on SS last season with the Tigers I think. Still a weird move though. That's a lot of money for him though. He doesn't get on base a lot and he's not that great defensively. He does have some pop though and he's produced some runs. Still though he has sucked for the past 2 years. Coulda been a useful utility guy for the Jays :D

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tigers have money to spend, thats why lol

Carl Crawford is going to Detroit too IMO

he wants to be a middle of the order hitter
Anaheim would bat him leadoff probably. they were using Abreu the end of last season leadoff

no worries about that in Detroit with Jackson batting first
he can bat 3rd and they can keep Cabrera 4th which they love to do (i hated when they were batting Maggs 3rd or other nonnames. yuck)

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well the Rangers will be bringing back Ron Washington as their Manager for two more years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=5763540
Can't imagine him not with the Rangers. Especially after he took them to the World Series.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they just signed Inge so that means Peralta will be their everyday SS?

can he still play shortstop?
and wow, didnt realize he's only 28
He never could play SS

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Word. Good news.
Now we bring in Martinez and Crawford/Dunn :p

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
You're not getting Crawford or Dunn. Dunn doesn't want to DH and the Angels/Red Sox/Yankees are all much better options than Detroit.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You're not getting Crawford or Dunn. Dunn doesn't want to DH and the Angels/Red Sox/Yankees are all much better options than Detroit.
I'll tell you what Detroit has, money. And that is about all you need to get a player to listen..

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I'll tell you what Detroit has, money. And that is about all you need to get a player to listen..
The Angels, Sawx, and Yankees all have a lot of money too and they present a much better chance to win.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
A big name or two for sure is going to the Tigers. The question is who.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
V-Mart, and that's about it. He wants 4 (5?) years and they're said to be only ones willing to give it to him.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tigers will get someone besides Martinez. Almost willing to guarantee that.
We didn't get all these big contracts off the books for no reason.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope we get a short term guy like ordonez. He could get on base, hit for average and produce runs. Too bad he's not a base stealer anymore though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%