Official College Gameday Thread

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
AE. said:

The Big 12 is extremely unpredictable. I wouldn't make such a bold statement.
They played 2 weeks ago and it was no contest. And yes I know there are countless examples of teams meeting a second time and the outcome being completely different. But this is a mismatch.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not going to pretend like I understand how they calculate passer rating in college, but Baker Mayfield is on pace to pretty much shatter the previous single season passer rating record... which he set last year. 

CoachAF

Reaction score
AE. said:
Jalen Hurts might not be Bama’s best QB after all. He has is too content to run. Missed a lot of downfield reads and and failed to get the Bama offense going.

There are many viewpoints here, and I think the bottomline is that this is not Jalen's fault. It is the coaches fault for not using him correctly. Jalen does have limitations going through his progressions, and that was painfully obvious if you watched the first half last night. The problem I have is the coaches not recognizing this and using the short-passing game and rushing game more to relieve that stress. It felt like Bama RB's had only 2 or 3 carries in the first half. That is unforgivable. When the Auburn rush was as devastating as it was, you need to use the rushing game to keep them on their heels. More screens, or quick slants to get the ball out more quickly. This loss was 100% on Daboll IMO. 100%

AiRuPtHeRe™ said:
CFB will be interesting as hell thought this week. A 2 loss Auburn will be ranked ahead of a few 1 loss teams and they'll leap frog an undefeated Wisky I'd imagine. I'm guessing (if Clemson wins)

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Auburn
4. Alabama
5. Wisconsin

This is my final 4 as well. I really feel like Wisconsin will lose on Saturday. Honestly, I think Georgia has a good shot at Auburn as well. Atlanta is gonna be swarmed in red. Fromm will have a more friendly environment, and a lot fo film to break down in prep. Don't write them off. 

Teagz said:
Auburn
Clemson
UCF
Bama

That's what I'd personally like, but it's not happening.

UCF will be lucky to get past Memphis on Saturday. That Memphis offense looked unstoppable yesterday. That will be a fun game to watch, and it's on at 11! 

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Coach said:

There are many viewpoints here, and I think the bottomline is that this is not Jalen's fault. It is the coaches fault for not using him correctly. Jalen does have limitations going through his progressions, and that was painfully obvious if you watched the first half last night. The problem I have is the coaches not recognizing this and using the short-passing game and rushing game more to relieve that stress. It felt like Bama RB's had only 2 or 3 carries in the first half. That is unforgivable. When the Auburn rush was as devastating as it was, you need to use the rushing game to keep them on their heels. More screens, or quick slants to get the ball out more quickly. This loss was 100% on Daboll IMO. 100%

This is my final 4 as well. I really feel like Wisconsin will lose on Saturday. Honestly, I think Georgia has a good shot at Auburn as well. Atlanta is gonna be swarmed in red. Fromm will have a more friendly environment, and a lot fo film to break down in prep. Don't write them off. 

Agree the play-calls were atrocious. They kept trying the designed QB runs but didn't let Bo, Damien, or Jacobs get going. This was the knock on Bama all along though, having to rely too much on Jalen being able to run. My big problem with him is that he typically too quick to abandon the pocket. He missed some open targets last night because he was patient enough to go through reads. 

Iron Bowl ratings are exactly what the the Playoff wants. Some will gripe but all would tune into a re-match. Just imagine a playoff scenario where Bama has the ability to avenge losses to Auburn and/or Clemson and/or Ohio State and/or Oklahoma. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ahmmon Richards fucked up his knee.

Miami's top three offensive players are done for the season.

Fucking Christ

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's criminal that Devin White was left off the Butkus Award list. The guy is arguably the best LB in the country as a Sophomore.

CoachAF

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
Ahmmon Richards fucked up his knee.

Miami's top three offensive players are done for the season.

Fucking Christ

Sorry to hear that. Good news is that Syracuse (4-8) found a way to beat Clemson. Y'all can too. I'll be rooting for the Canes! 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Coach said:

Sorry to hear that. Good news is that Syracuse (4-8) found a way to beat Clemson. Y'all can too. I'll be rooting for the Canes! 
Yeah just injure the starting QB, and theyll have a chance just like Cuse.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
They played 2 weeks ago and it was no contest. And yes I know there are countless examples of teams meeting a second time and the outcome being completely different. But this is a mismatch.
Mis. Match.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, Georgia just has an endless stable of running backs.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Miami is still two good recruiting classes away from competing at this level.

If they score at all in this game, I'd be shocked.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Urban had a chance to end the JT Barrett era early and he didn't take it. I'm sure JT's a nice guy but you can argue that he's held OSU's offense back the entire time he's been there.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And yet he's probably the 3rd best QB Ohio State's had since he's been there. Cardale was better and I'd take Braxton Miller over him, shit Hoskins might be better.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Hes one of those players that is overrated by the national media but underrated by Ohio State/Big Ten fans who watch him every week

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He is legitimately an average thrower, and the local media blames any offensive struggles on coaching and the receivers instead of pointing at his inability to drive the ball down the field

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%