Official College Gameday Thread

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hate hearing Ohio State is "in control of their own destiny" when in fact, they are not.  Penn State was left out of the last year's top 4 as a 2-loss Big Ten champ.  And their only losses were by 1 point at #8 Ohio State and by 3 points at #21 Michigan State.  

Ohio State needs to win the Big Ten AND they need Oklahoma and Alabama to win out.  1-loss, SEC West champ Alabama and/or 2-loss Big 12 runner up Oklahoma keeps Ohio State out IMO.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I still think Penn State is the best team in the Big Ten, but they got completely swept under the rug after the back to back losses.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
AE. said:
I hate hearing Ohio State is "in control of their own destiny" when in fact, they are not.  Penn State was left out of the last year's top 4 as a 2-loss Big Ten champ.  And their only losses were by 1 point at #8 Ohio State and by 3 points at #21 Michigan State.  

Ohio State needs to win the Big Ten AND they need Oklahoma and Alabama to win out.  1-loss, SEC West champ Alabama and/or 2-loss Big 12 runner up Oklahoma keeps Ohio State out IMO.
Not the same scenario, but if they absolutely manhandle Wisconsin like they did in 2014, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they leap-frogged the non-SEC champion/Miami if they beat Clemson.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Not the same scenario, but if they absolutely manhandle Wisconsin like they did in 2014, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they leap-frogged the non-SEC champion/Miami if they beat Clemson.
Committee would have fun justifying that. Beating up Wisconsin isn’t really impressive given their weak strength of schedule. The Committee has shown Wisconsin no love. This Buckeye team is wildly inconsistent. They often wait until the 2nd half to start playing games. And I hold to my opinion that top teams shouldn’t get blown out. They may lose a close game but getting blown out is inexcusable.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, why isn’t Haskins starting?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://youtube.com/watch?v=PVqTie1eo60

Hopefully the sequel is just as good

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jalen Hurts might not be Bama’s best QB after all. He has is too content to run. Missed a lot of downfield reads and and failed to get the Bama offense going.

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
Oklahoma is the best team in the country IMO. Why? Because they have the best QB

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I'm a huge Baker fan, but I'm not willing to call them the best team simply because they can outscore others in the Big XII. They'll be tested mightily in the playoff

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I'm a huge Baker fan, but I'm not willing to call them the best team simply because they can outscore others in the Big XII. They'll be tested mightily in the playoff

I don't trust Mike Stoops whatsoever -- but having Baker @ helm gives us so much more of an advantage over other teams and that's experience. Hopefully this is the year because Bob Stoops isn't around anymore either.

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
CFB will be interesting as hell thought this week. A 2 loss Auburn will be ranked ahead of a few 1 loss teams and they'll leap frog an undefeated Wisky I'd imagine. I'm guessing (if Clemson wins)

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Auburn
4. Alabama
5. Wisconsin

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Auburn
Clemson
UCF
Bama

That's what I'd personally like, but it's not happening.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As a 3-year Orlando resident, I love UCF, but they won't crack the top 10 in playoff rankings.

Bama's loss spells disaster for Ohio State. I think we get 2 SEC teams in now. Many consider Bama's resume to be weak but their 1 loss isnt necessarily a bad one. They set FSU back 3 years in week one and took down LSU, Miss St, Ole Piss, and A&M... all of which were ranked at game time. 

I think TCU beats Chokelahoma next week and really throws a curveball at the committee. 

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I can promise you TCU isnt beating Oklahoma

The Big 12 is extremely unpredictable. I wouldn't make such a bold statement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%