Official College Gameday Thread

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pitt did the same to Clemson last year in November. It’s all about getting into the playoff, which Miami does with an ACC title

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
AE. said:
Pitt did the same to Clemson last year in November. Its all about getting into the playoff, which Miami does with an ACC title
Dont agree. Theyre out

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Dont agree. Theyre out
A 1-loss ACC Champ gets in. How is that even debatable?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
AE. said:
A 1-loss ACC Champ gets in. How is that even debatable?
I think a second SEC team would get in before Miami. Also think big ten winner would get in over Miami.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I think a second SEC team would get in before Miami. Also think big ten winner would get in over Miami.

No. The committee oozes over Clemson. Miami beating Clemson next week would blow their minds.  And unless Clemson loses to the Cocks tomorrow, Miami would have wins over #2 & #3 teams in the country.  

I can see a 2nd SEC team getting in only if Alabama loses to Georgia in the SEC title game.

Wisconsin gets in if they remain unbeaten. I don't think Ohio State gets in with 2-losses, even as the Big 10 champ.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
AE. said:

No. The committee oozes over Clemson. Miami beating Clemson next week would blow their minds.  And unless Clemson loses to the Cocks tomorrow, Miami would have wins over #2 & #3 teams in the country.  

I can see a 2nd SEC team getting in only if Alabama loses to Georgia in the SEC title game.

Wisconsin gets in if they remain unbeaten. I don't think Ohio State gets in with 2-losses, even as the Big 10 champ.
Did you see Miami play today?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Did you see Miami play today?

Again, Clemson was beaten at home by the same Pitt team last November. Doesnt matter as there's no way in hell the 1-loss ACC Champ doesn't make it into the Top 4.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
AE. said:

Again, Clemson was beaten at home by the same Pitt team last November. Doesnt matter as there's no way in hell the 1-loss ACC Champ doesn't make it into the Top 4.
Pittsburgh went 8-5 last year.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Pittsburgh went 8-5 last year.
I’ll say this one more time, if Miami is the ACC Champ, they’re in the Playoff. Plain and simple.

CoachAF

Reaction score
AE. said:

I believe you are right. That said, the two losses Clemson/Miami have are to teams they should have beat. They are bad losses. I dont care if Bryant went down in the Cuse game, they should still beat a 4-7 team if they want to be a national contender. Miami has been skating by this entire season. They have barely beaten team after team, and are incredibly dependent on the turnover and defensive scoring. They got the turnovers yesterday, but were unable to do anything with them. 

I have a hard time seeing Miami beating Clemson, but Syracuse beat Clemson so anything can happen. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's also not a noon game, which Miami seems to be incapable of playing.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've said Clemson will beat Miami for about a month now, assuming they were the ACC title game. Either way, the point to CC was if Miami beats Clemson, Miami gets into the CFP as the 1-loss ACC champ.

Gamecocks could really make this all the more interesting for Clemson today though. 

And say what you want about the SEC, their top dogs don't lose games to 4-win teams.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This Ohio State team is so fraudulent and has no business being in the Playoff conversation.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Teagz said:
This Ohio State team is so fraudulent and has no business being in the Playoff conversation.
Yeah, I definitely think that Iowa trouncing should've knocked them out, but yet here we are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%