Official 2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
* There are rumors out there that the Devils may have a claim in for Souray....

*However, this morning there have been several people telling me how they feel the Leafs may actually now have the pieces needed to land Schenn from the Kings...and that they are hearing the Kings may be more open to it than previously thought. So I am tracking this.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I would love to land Schenn. I have heard similar rumours too.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
However, sources say the Dallas Stars and Pittsburgh Penguins may be working on a deal involving two high quality players.

It's believed the Pens are willing to move defenceman Alex Goligoski for the right forward, and a trade involving Stars winger James Neal has been discussed.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/dregerreport/

fletch

Reaction score
This deadline is actually looking really good so far, as for Richards he's always been one of my favorite players but I can't see him doing much in Toronto.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Him and Kessel would be deadly. I could easily see Kessel scoring 40-45 with Richards at centre.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
The New York Rangers are still looking for a D-man. It will be interesting to see if they re-visit a deal that almost went down with Florida’s Bryan McCabe several weeks ago.

A broken jaw to McCabe prevented the trade from happening but multiple sources confirm a deal was in place between Florida and the Rangers. Panthers GM Dale Tallon would love to still move McCabe who will take full advantage of his no-move clause. Word is McCabe is very selective as to where he would go.
http://www.truehockey.com/articles/Will-McCabe-Waive-His-No-Move

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
The Phaneuf trade keeps looking worse and worse on Sutter

RT @TSNBobMcKenzie: CGY puts Niklas Hagman on waivers. EDM's Sheldon Souray clears re-entry waivers.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Got some sources tellin me that maybe the Preds will get hagman

fletch

Reaction score
Stars trade Neal, Niskanen to the Pens for Goligoski

http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Neal AND Niskanen for Goligoski? what is Nieuwendyk thinking?

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Crazy trade. Another blockbuster.

I gotta find Joe's drug dealer, must being dealing some crazy shit. /sarcasm

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Bogosian

Toronto Maple Leafs general manager Brian Burke said today he may be about to pull the trigger on yet another deal, one that would bring in a defenceman to replace the departed Francois Beauchemin and Tomas Kaberle.

“We’re trying to add by tomorrow if we can," Burke said. "We’re trying to put a player in the lineup as soon as possible.

“We’ve had some discussions about forwards that we have to consider, but it’s not our priority. Our priority will be to add a defenceman."
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/leafs-beat/burke-closes-in-on-next-deal/article1915092/

fletch

Reaction score
I doubt it's Boggs, but if it is maa god, imagine Burke pulled a miracle and brought him+schenn in.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Better not be some random hack for the third round pick we acquired from Philly.Really hoping we package the firsts.

fletch

Reaction score
This draft isn't that deep so it would be a good idea.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
I hope the Leafs keep the firsts. There are quite a few players that will go in the late 1st round that I would love to have on the Leafs.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Not trade talk, but Ladd is close to an extension.

Chris Vivlamore

Andrew Ladd says he and #Thrashers are close to new contract. Still some details to finalize.
1 hour ago
http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-thrashers-blog/2011/02/21/ladd-thrashers-closing-in-on-new-deal/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_thrashers_blog&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
On Phillips...

I have now talked to three sources in the last few hours who are convinced Chris Phillips will not only waive his No Trade, he will do so to accept a trade to the neighboring Canadiens after which he will return to Ottawa this summer.

There are rumors the Habs were in on Kaberle as well as Goligoski and are now firmly entrenched in an attempt to land Phillips. Must admit, the trade makes a ton of sense.

The Rangers also like Phillips, but I do believe in the end Montreal lands him.

Meanwhile more teams wanting the Blues...

In St. Louis, there are two forwards drawing a great deal of interest.

The Penguins and Devils have interest in Andy McDonald. The scouts all recall his outstanding playoff run for Anaheim a few years back...

Also garnering attention with his strong play as of late is Brad Boyes. So far Montreal (e3), Buffalo (e3) and Washington (e2).

Adam Foote??

If there is a more consummate professional defenseman who would add depth to your D, and bring strong leadership to your room...I don't think you are topping Adam Foote.

Obviously Foote loves Colorado, but he is also a fierce competitor and would probably have a hard time turning away a legit shot. I have heard the Penguins, Flyers, and Rangers are all considering Foote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%