Official 2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Thrashers GM Rick Dudley says there still might be a significant deal out there for him in the short window between now and the deadline
EJ Hradek

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Per Bob McKenzie, Seabrook looks like he will be staying in Chciago for 5 more years

CHI and defenceman Brent Seabrook on verge of finalizing big contract extension, hearing 5 years at a shade under $30M.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not exactly trades but Washington claimed Marco Sturm, Philadelphia claimed Nick Boynton, and Columbus claimed Craig Rivet on re-entry waivers

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Detroit to acquire Bogosian?

Per Bob Duff

#thrashers asking price for Bogosian - Hudler, Ericsson or Kindl and high draft pick - too big a price for #redwings to pay at this point.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BIG price but damn I think that he'd be nasty in Detroit.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
If I were, Ken Holland I would pull the trigger. Kindl has a lot of upside and so does Bogosian,but I see Bogosian having more potential, plus Detroit's pick will be a late first rounder.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Schremp has been placed on waivers. Feel bad for this guy, can never get his shit together.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
McCabe to the Rangers?

Several media members are reporting that Florida defenseman Bryan McCabe could be on the move and joining the New York Rangers as early as today.

Nick Kypreos of Sportsnet reported on Twitter that McCabe was willing to waive his no-trade clause and he could be traded to the Rangers today. Arthur Staple of Newsday writes it is believed that McCabe will only waive his no-trade clause to move to the Rangers.

McCabe is in the final year of a five-year, $28.75 million contract. He is set to make $4.15 million this season but carries a cap hit of $5.75 million. McCabe has 5 goals and 22 points for the Panthers this season, but he also missed time with a broken jaw.

The Rangers have reportedly been seeking an offensive-minded veteran to help their young defense corps. Michal Rozsival was traded to Phoenix and Wade Redden has spent the season in the minors, leaving the Rangers with their top six defensemen are all 26 years old or younger. New York has plenty of cap room to make such a deal, and Larry Brooks of the New york Post reports the Rangers would need to move $3.5 million of acquisition space if they wanted to add McCabe and another rumored target, Dallas center Brad Richards.

This is McCabe's third season in Florida after being traded to the Panthers from Toronto in September 2008. He was one of the players interim Toronto GM Chuck Fletcher asked to their no-trade clauses at the 2008 deadline that declined to do so.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/post.htm?id=456

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
according to Pierre LeBrun, Panthers-Rangers are in ongoing talks about McCabe

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I miss his clapper from the blueline, with feeds from Kaberle. Leafs fans used to love him, but then that changed near the end of his Leafs days. I still remember when he scored on Andrew Raycroft in OT against Buffalo, in the dying seconds.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Oilers will only trade Hemsky to LA for Schenn

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/...oilers_hemsky/

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Dean Lombardi would be really stupid to make this move. Hemsky is injury prone and can't stay in the lineup, and I don't see why is value is so high because of that. Schenn has the potential to be a franchise center.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
There was a rumour on Hockey Central of Ryan Ellis coming to Toronto for Clarke MacArthur. Personally I like MacArthur a lot, but if Burke were to do this, our team would be completely depleted. He has already traded 3 roster players the past month, and now wants to trade arguably our best forward.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah for Ryan Ellis though? Get outta here with that best forward crap. Ellis is a a blue chip prospect and McArthur has only had 1 good year. If I were Burke, I'd do the deal without a doubt. Doubt the rumor is true though.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Someone created a fake Pierre LeBrun twitter and said the Leafs traded Kadri+MacArthur+Conditional 1st for Richards lol

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Yeah for Ryan Ellis though? Get outta here with that best forward crap. Ellis is a a blue chip prospect and McArthur has only had 1 good year. If I were Burke, I'd do the deal without a doubt. Doubt the rumor is true though.
The rumour also has us taking on JP Dumount. Thing is we are already deep with young defenceman.

Someone created a fake Pierre LeBrun twitter and said the Leafs traded Kadri+MacArthur+Conditional 1st for Richards lol
I legit lol'd

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You're crazy for not wanting Ellis though. He's about 1-2 years ready from being NHL ready and McArthur is probably asking for big money. Who knows how well he'll do next year.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I want him a lot. We could easily have one of the best defensive cores in the next couple of years with Schenn, Gardiner, Gunnarsson, Aulie and Ellis, just really hate to see us continuing to sell when we aren't the far out of a playoff spot.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well even if the leafs make the playoffs, they wouldn't go very far lol. If the Preds do the deal, it'd probably bite them in the ass long term wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%