Official 2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Rumors about Kovy

-The Senators are talking to Pittsburgh and Tampa...yes Tampa about Kovalev, although there are some who still fill the Canadiens will move for their once beloved Kovalev.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Rumors about Kovy

-The Senators are talking to Pittsburgh and Tampa...yes Tampa about Kovalev, although there are some who still fill the Canadiens will move for their once beloved Kovalev.
Why would a team want Kovalev? lol

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Well on pens side ! It has to be to get a winger for crosby i guess

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
According to CBC hotstove, a team offered 2 1sts and a prospect for Bogosian, but it was declined.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Got some new rumors that Caps are following Thomas Vakoun !

And
Montreal

According to a few sources the Habs are pushing hard for Zach Bogosian, but even if they can't pull that deal off today, look for them to do something on the "majorish" side by the end of the weekend. All reports are Gauthier is working the phones hard right now.

Could Kovalev be headed back to Montreal?

Edmonton

The Oilers are waiting in the wings here. I have heard rumors today they are talking to Washington and the Rangers about Smid. Also heard the Sabres are interested in some Oilers...possibly even Gilbert.

One source noted..."Hemsky to the Kings or Penguins will happen...just a matter of when it happens."

Penner is harder to trade right now, because while he has one more year left, he just got married to a girl from Southern California, and the belief is he is eventually heading back to the Ducks as a UFA following next season.

The Hurricanes...

It was confirmed to me that yesterday's moves were indeed set up moves. The Canes have their eye on something bigger. By the way, the Canes did an amazing job honouring Rod Brind 'amour last night.

Toronto

Looking hard at Weiss and Richards...

The Kings...

They love Hemsky, but I am told the real deal is still Spezza for LA. They are waiting on that...the risk is very real the Kings need to not wait too long.

The Flyers/Predators...

The Flyers might have a partner to take Zherdev off their hands in Nashville. But there is still some internal debate as to what to do with Zherdev...

The Devils...

Have also looked into Bogosian...

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Spezza could maybe improve his play in LA, but taking on his cap hit would be stupid for them.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
SMH

Tomas Kaberle was barely out the door when talk turned to the likelihood of Brad Richards playing for the Maple Leafs one day.

It’s a logical inference, considering the Leafs’ desperate need for a front line centre, the cash they now have available, and the fact that Toronto fans assume that every pending free agent wants to play for the blue and white.

Except for one problem. Apparently, Richards doesn’t.

The free agent to-be has told an old Tampa source that he has no real interest in playing in Toronto, if he, in fact, becomes a free agent come July. Richards’ first choice is to remain in Dallas, assuming the team gets sold and can afford to sign him. His second and third choice, not necessarily in order, would be returning to Tampa (which doesn’t seem possible economically) or playing for his old coach, John Tortorella, with the New York Rangers. He has also hinted about having some interest regarding playing in Carolina.

When asked about Toronto, he apparently said nothing but shook his head
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/columnists/steve_simmons/2011/02/19/17341466.html

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
Pretty different than what Richards was saying a few months ago.

“When the time comes, if that’s an option, Toronto is always a No. 1 hockey destination,” said the 30-year-old when surrounded by reporters after the Stars’ morning skate.

“It would be great being a Canadian playing in Toronto but we’re not even close to that bridge yet and, like I said, I’m focused here.”

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Brad Richards want to be with a Canadian team ... On an interview he said that is top team will be either the habs or the leafs and after words LA

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
There is a rumour going around that the Coyotes have discussed Jovonoski for Gomez

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Via TSN's Ryan Rishaug on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug

Caps and Oil have talked hemsky, nothing close as oil would want alzner or karlsson, not likely for caps.
Sorry.. Hemsky has one more year on his deal, but is a good fit in Wash. If they find a deal.
Kings also interested in Penner or Hemsky, but preliminary talks only. Lombardi pplays it tight. Oil would look at schenn, clifford
ect.
Canadiens also interested in Penner, but so far not offering much.
Great spelling of Carlson Rishaug

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Colorado could be acquiring another Johnson

I
’ll bet even money one of them is gone by Monday, though I’m not including Duchene in the list. That means – that’s right -I’ve included Stastny in the list of possible “touchables.”

Rumors – yup, I’ve heard a few. I have no real confidence in this one, but I’ve heard this one going around the water cooler. Ready?

Stastny, TJ Galiardi and maybe a pick/another player to Los Angeles for Jack Johnson, Jonathan Bernier and Jarret Stoll.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011/02/20/avs-now-with-five-centers-whos-going-to-go/6559/

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WOW, quite the rumor. Does Colorado really want to trade Stastny though, that might be the question. If so, honestly, I think that trade works for both sides. With Quick the clear franchise goalie, the Kings are going to have to make a decision with Bernier sooner or later. If they get Stastny, you could assume that all but makes Brayden Schenn available. Maybe even for another stud defenseman to replace Johnson.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Bernier to Colorado would be great for them. They have goaltending woes and it would actually give them a potentially franchise goaltender, and let Bernier start.

And yeah I have heard that the Kings aren't so high on Schenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%