Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
If they make the playoffs I'd consider Turner... but Ryan? No. Maybe Offensive Rookie of the Year, but def. not MVP. He wouldn't be playing as good as he has been without that running game.
ANY quarterback struggles with no running game. I mean when the Defense is expecting a pass 70% of the time it's going to be tough.

I would agree with Matt Ryan being Rookie of the year.

Cincinnati has had no running game for a few years now and the Defense is expecting a pass and we get burnt most of the time.

It's so important to have both a passing and running game to mix it up.

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats what iv'e been tryin to tell palmer.. lol not mvp caliber yet.. rookie of the year yes possibly..
who knows.. matt ryan could be a one year wonder! :eek:

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
thats what iv'e been tryin to tell palmer.. lol not mvp caliber yet.. rookie of the year yes possibly..
who knows.. matt ryan could be a one year wonder! :eek:
Yeah, you did tell me that before.

But, I still say any good Quarterback needs a good running game also to balance it out and that's what they are doing thus far. When I see quarterbacks throwing the ball 55-60 times a game I tend to see more mistakes such as INT's etc.

It's vital to have both to be successful on offense.

And I will sit here and speculate about that all night.

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, you did tell me that before.

But, I still say any good Quarterback needs a good running game also to balance it out and that's what they are doing thus far. When I see quarterbacks throwing the ball 55-60 times a game I tend to see more mistakes such as INT's etc.

It's vital to have both to be successful on offense.

And I will sit here and speculate about that all night.
yeah that part you have right.. i do agree.. any good QB needs a good running game..

I just wish Jason Campbell was a better QB.. he has a really powerful arm but isnt consistent in his accuracy.. i say START COLT BRENNAN if we lose another game

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
yeah that part you have right.. i do agree.. any good QB needs a good running game..

I just wish Jason Campbell was a better QB.. he has a really powerful arm but isnt consistent in his accuracy.. i say START COLT BRENNAN if we lose another game
I've never said Matt Ryan will get MVP I've just said I'd like him to get it.

Being on a team that was 4-12 a year ago and now they have a Rookie QB, New head coach, New running back. Just a lot of changes. For him in his first year and take what was a 4-12 team a year ago into the playoffs is pretty impressive to me.

I wouldn't mind seeing him get Rookie of the year. That's still pretty special.

For those who say he wouldn't be as good without the running game - WHO WOULD?

My MVP vote was actually for Drew Brees which I've said.

I just want the Falcons to keep up playing good football and continue to surprise everybody.

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Being on a team that was 4-12 a year ago and now they have a Rookie QB, New head coach, New running back. Just a lot of changes. For him in his first year and take what was a 4-12 team a year ago into the playoffs is pretty impressive to me.

I just want the Falcons to keep up playing good football and continue to surprise everybody.
yeah i know thats what u meant.. it is impressive to go from 4-12 to 8-4.. i hope they lose to the saints and then the cowboys lose and skins win.. then they would have a wildcard slot

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
It's not Brandon Jacobs, whoever said that is a moron. Probably Warner.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score

Tom Brady ring a bell?

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Tom Brady ring a bell?
I guess if you consider having Laurence Maroney and Kevin Faulk no running game.

Previous years - Corey Dillon etc.

I don't think the RB position has been one of their strongest points but I didn't see Brady throwing the ball 40-55 times a game.

I guess they are about the one and only team if you say so that don't have the balance on offense.

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tom Brady shows why he was the MVP last year.. the patriots havn't been nearly close on stride with the passing game since he's been gone.. his awareness and accuracy is incredible

Reaction score
I guess if you consider having Laurence Maroney and Kevin Faulk no running game.

Previous years - Corey Dillon etc.

I don't think the RB position has been one of their strongest points but I didn't see Brady throwing the ball 40-55 times a game.

I guess they are about the one and only team if you say so that don't have the balance on offense.
I'm talking about last year. Really no running game, unless you consider 835yds by Maroney a running game.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
go back and read the posts Instant.. I said I'd include him in the talks, but I wouldnt say he's the MVP. Geesh, can any1 read?

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i can read.. but u were talking like brandon jacobs is like the greatest thing that ever set foot on a football field.. thats what was pissing me off earlier

Reaction score
They also got beat by a team that had both.
You asked 'who would be good without a running game'. I gave you an answer... I'm not debating that they got beat. Everybody knows that... Hell, I watched the game.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
2003 Patriots: Anotwain Smith - 643 yds, 3 TD

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
You asked 'who would be good without a running game'. I gave you an answer... I'm not debating that they got beat. Everybody knows that... Hell, I watched the game.
I'm not arguing about it either. Is all I said was in my opinion to be good you need a balanced offense. The Patriots are about the only team to show otherwise out of 32.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
well I just defended my opinion that he's had a better season.
and maybe u cant read because the post b4 was directed towards Instant, not you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%