• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you saw any quotes from the stories surfacing the NFl during the week b4 the game he missed, he said he felt good enough to play the rest of the Ravens game (he had 70 yards in the first quarter, and they kept running all over them) but his coach held him out.

Like I said b4, yes he doensth ave 1000 yards, not sure why your bringing that up. Yardage doesnt mean everything!
and it's not end of story.

ur exactly right yardage isn't everything.. the better football player means most to me.. Clinton Portis, Brett Favre, Brian Westbrook, London Fletcher, and guys like Ray Lewis and the late sean taylor are all great FOOTBALL PLAYERS.. I dont think you quite understand what im saying.. Ive been playing football my whole life and the players that show up every week and play with the most heart and do their job and then some is what coaches, colleges, and pro teams strive for..

thats why I think Clinton Portis or Brett Favre should be the MVP.. they are highly valuable to any team you put them on

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
since when did Brandon Jacobs not have any heart?

I understand what your saying.. w/e your not gonna understand waht I'm saying cuz you havent yet.

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you're trying to tell me he's better than what he actually is.. I know he's a good running back but not an MVP runningback.. I like jacobs, i really do, he runs hard and I like that and maybe he'll have a breakout year and then if that happens ppl will consider him for MVP..

to me he's just not in the category of great running backs..
do u honestly think he should be the league mvp?? honestly?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
your still not listening to me... I've already said who my pick was and it wasn't jacobs. What I said earlier was that Jacobs would be included on my list. However you turned that agaisnt me, now your trying to get me to say he's my choice? If Brees and Warner weren't having the year's they've been having, I would be 50/50 on AP or Jacobs. I only sya Jacobs because nobody expected him to have the type of season he's having. Maybe we should start including him in MVP talks and among the elite because he's putting up phenomenal numbers. He, to me, is the best player on the Giants. Of course I would consider him! He's got 12 TD's, and for a guy of his size, he's got tremendous speed. That's so rare, how can that not be valuable? When you have a wrecking ball that can go out and generate 5 yards almost every carry, is able to knock down 3 or 4 defenders, and is so big that he is almost guaranteed 4 yards every carry due to his strength, why wouldn't you say he's valuable?

Don't tell me "If" he has a breakout year. This is his second year starting and he's already in the top 10 RB's in Yardage, the Best AVG among RB's with 100+ carries, a very good pass blocker, and is 3rd in the league in Rushing TD's with 12, he IS having a breakout year.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
If a Running back was going to get MVP it would clearly be Adrian Peterson in my opinion.

Heck, I like Michael Turner from the Falcons. Nobody has talked about him and he has 1,208 yards, 13 TD's and doesn't get any credit.

However, both Clinton Portis and Brandon Jacobs are great football players.

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
your still not listening to me... I've already said who my pick was and it wasn't jacobs. What I said earlier was that Jacobs would be included on my list. However you turned that agaisnt me, now your trying to get me to say he's my choice? If Brees and Warner weren't having the year's they've been having, I would be 50/50 on AP or Jacobs. I only sya Jacobs because nobody expected him to have the type of season he's having. Maybe we should start including him in MVP talks and among the elite because he's putting up phenomenal numbers. He, to me, is the best player on the Giants. Of course I would consider him! He's got 12 TD's, and for a guy of his size, he's got tremendous speed. That's so rare, how can that not be valuable? When you have a wrecking ball that can go out and generate 5 yards almost every carry, is able to knock down 3 or 4 defenders, and is so big that he is almost guaranteed 4 yards every carry due to his strength, why wouldn't you say he's valuable?

Don't tell me "If" he has a breakout year. This is his second year starting and he's already in the top 10 RB's in Yardage, the Best AVG among RB's with 100+ carries, a very good pass blocker, and is 3rd in the league in Rushing TD's with 12, he IS having a breakout year.
phenomenal numbers!? lol wow dude NO.. are we watching the same football season? you are overrating him way too much.. the best player on the giants is antonio pierce.. Eli manning is great too, jacobs is their 3rd best player to me, hes not THAT fast.. but he does have good speed.. not breakaway speed..and i wonder why hes doing good early on?? lets see.. hmm the giants have been the best team in football ever since hes been a starter and if u have a good passing game then u have a great running game..

i still can't believe you said phenomenal numbers :headsmack:

Phenomenal numbers is what AP had last year and what LT had when he broke the Single season TD record..

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
phenomenal numbers!? lol wow dude NO.. are we watching the same football season? you are overrating him way too much.. the best player on the giants is antonio pierce.. Eli manning is great too, jacobs is their 3rd best player to me, hes not THAT fast.. but he does have good speed.. not breakaway speed..and i wonder why hes doing good early on?? lets see.. hmm the giants have been the best team in football ever since hes been a starter and if u have a good passing game then u have a great running game..

i still can't believe you said phenomenal numbers :headsmack:

Phenomenal numbers is what AP had last year and what LT had when he broke the Single season TD record..
He also has a really good offensive line. He definitely has the power to run right through somebody.

I agree though.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1. Kurt Warner
2. Matt Ryan
3. Chad Pennington

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
and if u have a good passing game then u have a great running game..
Actually its the other way around. Our run sets up our passing game. As proven by the nice performance last sunday by Eli Manning and the Redskins continously stacking 8 or 9 in the box. As well as the nice Cardinals game 2 weeks ago.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
your still not litening to me colt.

You clearly didn't look at the stats I posted. I really dont see how anyone cannot agree with what I posted. Those ARE phenomenal numbers. Open your eyes.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
For any player to have the best Yard/carry avg, the third most TD's, how can that not be phenomenal? Especially when the player is 265 lbs and was a 4th down/goal line RB 2 years ago. Maybe your not watching the same season as I am. I've seen every Giants game in the last 4 years and I've seen this guy put up the best numbers I've seen from a Giants RB in years.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I've seen this guy put up the best numbers I've seen from a Giants RB in years.
Idk Tiki Barber's 2005 season was pretty memorable for me. Especially that game where he single handedly beat the Redskins so we could make the playoffs that one year.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This isn't fantasy football... It isn't all about numbers, and none of you seem to realize that.

The Giants would be just as good without Brandon Jacobs.

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This isn't fantasy football... It isn't all about numbers, and none of you seem to realize that.

THANK YOU!! i completely agree.. i said earlier that its about the best FOOTBALL player

just look at the arguements above and ull see what i mean

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
no I dont see what you mean. Your argument points towards the best Football Player. Yet you keep emphasizing the word Football ike im talking about lacrosse! I know what you mean, but you havent said it. What your saying is Leadership! Yet you didnt say that. All I said was I think Jacobs deserves to be in the TALK for MVP, not that he should be. Yet ya took it the wrong way and just threw opinions out there. Yes, it is for the best Football Player. No shat, this is football.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score

Which is correct. They are still winning games without Plexico Burress and he's pretty much the Giants top WR.

What about Michael Turner's numbers with a young offensive line/young team!?

Same with Matt Ryan.

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
no I dont see what you mean. Your argument points towards the best Football Player. Yet you keep emphasizing the word Football ike im talking about lacrosse! I know what you mean, but you havent said it. What your saying is Leadership! Yet you didnt say that. All I said was I think Jacobs deserves to be in the TALK for MVP, not that he should be. Yet ya took it the wrong way and just threw opinions out there. Yes, it is for the best Football Player. No shat, this is football.
okay then we have come to an understanding.. ;)

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
i was tryin to pull that word outta ya, lol. I was like "Damet, I know what your saying but your not saying it!!"

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
Which is correct. They are still winning games without Plexico Burress and he's pretty much the Giants top WR.

What about Michael Turner's numbers with a young offensive line/young team!?

Same with Matt Ryan.
If they make the playoffs I'd consider Turner... but Ryan? No. Maybe Offensive Rookie of the Year, but def. not MVP. He wouldn't be playing as good as he has been without that running game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%