Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
I put Kurt Warner. I personally think that he has Kept this team alive, especially when he was in contention during the Pre-Season with QB Matt Leinart.

He's been phenomenal this season, hitting not just 1, not 2, but 3 receivers so many times for so much yardage, that all 3 of them (Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston) have a great shot at 1k yards. Fitz already has it. In 3 less games, Boldin has i believe somewhere aroundthe high 900's and Breaston is I believe somewhere around 750-850. Not many QB's can pull that off.

Also (not no list) but I wouldn't sell Brandon Jacobs short. Great yardage, hasnt been getting injured, has incredible speed for his size, uses his size towards his advantage, and has a great yardage/carry this year. He's also joins a few others at the top of the list for most rushing TD's this season.
He's missed a game or two, I believe. He's not really most valuable to his team... They have two other backs he shares time with. I'd give MVP to Eli before Jacobs...

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
are you kidding me? The man's putting up almost 1k yards (the amount he had all last year) I think 12 TD's now, and the onyl time that usualyl goes to Ward and rarely Bradshaw is after he pummels the deffense and gets them tired. Watch the Giants games and you'll understand. Eli's done very little this season.

And he's missed 1 game because of injury.

I only said hasnt been getting injured because he's had 1 minor injury. THATS IT, 1 game he missed. Boohoo, lets kick him out of the MVP talks, even though hes put up the numbers.

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
are you kidding me? The man's putting up almost 1k yards (the amount he had all last year) I think 12 TD's now, and the onyl time that usualyl goes to Ward and rarely Bradshaw is after he pummels the deffense and gets them tired. Watch the Giants games and you'll understand. Eli's done very little this season.

And he's missed 1 game because of injury.

I only said hasnt been getting injured because he's had 1 minor injury. THATS IT, 1 game he missed. Boohoo, lets kick him out of the MVP talks, even though hes put up the numbers.

yeah but clinton portis has an edge over jacobs if u talk about mvp.. more yards.. and portis hasnt missed a game and plays when he has had multiple injuries.. a guy like that is more valuable than anything.. plus hes an excellent blocker

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
so what now touchdowns dont matter?

and here's the real reason why I'd take Jacobs over Portis...

Jacobs - 185 attempts, 5.1 avg, 12 TD's, 950 yards

Portis - 255 attempts, 4.8 avg, 7 TD's, 1228

all he has there is the yardage. AVG and TD's go to Jacobs, hence why I'd rather take him.

Reaction score
I'd say Jacobs deserves it more than Portis.

Nobody said we should kick Jacobs out of 'MVP talks'... Just telling you how I thought about the subject, calm down.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
so you think Eli deserves it more than Portis!!

and i may have worded that a bit wrong, but ya dont gotta tell me to calm down.

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
okay brandon jacobs has 2 other backs to help carry the load.. on the other hand clinton portis IS the skins running game.. he carries the whole load.. ladell betts can never do anything with the ball any more.. and of course jacobs has more TDs.. he plays for the giants for crying out loud

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Those arguments arent very legit Colt, even though I deff don't think Jacobs (or Portis) deserve it. Just because he has other backs doesn't take away from how valuable he is to the team.

Reaction score
Yes, Eli deserves it more than Portis. Like I said, you should be on a top team to be MVP... Is Portis on a top team? Don't think so... You'd actually want the MVP to be on a third place team [in the division, 8th overall in NFC] that probably isn't going to make the playoffs?

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah.. granted Eli is the QB for the best team and hes having a solid year.. but you have to look at the most VALUABLE player.. theres about 5 players who i think are most valuable to their team:

did anyone ever think about Brett Favre!? look at what he's done to the whole Jets organization in one year.. to bring them back from having one of the worst teams in the league to an elite afc team is really saying something quite loudly to me..

Kurt Warner- yeah hes having a good year and so is Drew Brees if u wanna talk about yardage
they still dont seem to be the most VALUABLE player to me..

You could throw Romo in the mix but just because they have beaten 3 teams in a row doesnt mean squat since 2 of those teams were the likes of the 49ers and the seahawks.. and even b4 he was hurt they were still losing.. so i dont know if he is mvp material

Clinton Portis-enough said.. hes a warrior, he has incredible heart and he's carrying the Redskins this year... If they wanna have a chance to make the playoffs they HAVE to produce in the passing game.. portis can't do it all

and then u could mention adrian peterson but if he's so valuable then why isn't his team winning much?

So in my mind it should really be between Brett Favre and Clinton Portis
I know sum1 is gonna say "well Favre throws too many interceptions!" well if it weren't for him they wouldn't be as good as they are ;)

Reaction score
Though Tony Romo is valuable to his team, he should not be considered for MVP as of right now... Even with 21 TD's. We're not in the playoffs yet...

I considered Favre. Really he doesn't deserve it in my opinion.. 20 TDs 14 INTs... Eli has 19 TDs and 8 picks.

As far as AP goes.. You say he doesn't deserve it, but yet you want Portis to win it? AP has more yardage and more TD's. They're not winning much? They're third place in the NFC... Same record as Washington.

So if the award goes to a running back I think it would be AP or Jacobs.

If it goes to a QB it should go to Warner.

And now looking at the stats I think I was wrong about Eli deserving it more than Jacobs..

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Though Tony Romo is valuable to his team, he should not be considered for MVP as of right now... Even with 21 TD's. We're not in the playoffs yet...

I considered Favre. Really he doesn't deserve it in my opinion.. 20 TDs 14 INTs... Eli has 19 TDs and 8 picks.

As far as AP goes.. You say he doesn't deserve it, but yet you want Portis to win it? AP has more yardage and more TD's. They're not winning much? They're third place in the NFC... Same record as Washington.

So if the award goes to a running back I think it would be AP or Jacobs.

If it goes to a QB it should go to Warner.

And now looking at the stats I think I was wrong about Eli deserving it more than Jacobs..
skins have a tougher schedule.. they lost to the giants twice.. pittsburg and dallas.. all of which are great teams.. and they had that loss to the rams but that was just one bad team.. the vikings dont have that hard of a schedule.. soooo you have to kind of think of that.. and Kurt warner.. well look at the teams in the same division-they're horrible

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Keep in mind the reason why Washington lost both of the games vs the Giants is because the Giants D stopped Portis on both meetings, meaning it was in the second half a one-dimensional offense even with the game still moderately close.

How can you be the MVP and not lead your team into the playoffs? Even Pujols said so this year, he didn't even think he deserved it.

Cardinals would be nowhere without Warner, and the Saints,I mean come on. How many 300 yard games does brees have? I've lost count.

Jacobs does have other backs, but they generally get most of their carries late in the game. Ward will get the occasional 3rd down play, or the 1st down play after Jacobs had a big run. It just gives him time to catch a breath. His AVG is still better, and he still had a lot more touchdowns than Portis.

In their second matchup, Portis had 22 yards on 11 carries. thats a 2 yard average. Jacobs had 21 carries for 71 yards and a touchdown.

Ward's best part in the giants offense is not even running, it's catching.

Jacobs has crushed Portis in both matchups. When your against a divisional rival, that's when it matters most. Come up big then. He didn't come up big, in a time where the Redskins were desperate because their in a bad position right now trying to fight the Cowboys for a WC spot.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
skins have a tougher schedule.. they lost to the giants twice.. pittsburg and dallas.. all of which are great teams.. and they had that loss to the rams but that was just one bad team.. the vikings dont have that hard of a schedule.. soooo you have to kind of think of that.. and Kurt warner.. well look at the teams in the same division-they're horrible
Giants beat both the Steelers and Cowboys, as well as the Ravens. Jacobs has run all over all the teams he's played, how could you not say he deserves it?

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Ok this is way too easy for me and I dont know why its not easy for others. AP is the most dynamic back there is in the league, he has the stats, he has the team in the playoffs with a nice record. AND here is the BIG reason why AP is MVP. He has no one else on offense to back him up!!! Gus Ferotte is formidable at best, the WR's arent that great, the defense has been inconsistent all year. Teams plan around AP AND he still delivers. As opposed to Jacobs where the Giants have the most depth in the league with Boss,Toomer,Plax,Smith,Ward, and Manning is a very good QB. The last 2 games have proven that the giants dont need a running game to win. Eli has won those games by throwing the ball, the running game was very mediocre against the Cardinals and the Redskins. But we still won because of Eli.

And Portis I cant consider as well because he has a nice offense as well. With Moss, who imo is the best WR in the league next to S. Smith. And he has Cooley which is a very nice TE. A nice rookie WR in Devin Thomas. And finally Campbell is a good QB. Portis hasnt delivered in the big games and thats why he shouldnt win. We shouldnt crown someone because of his deficiencies against good teams, but reward players for playing against great teams. And Portis hasnt done that.

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ok this is way too easy for me and I dont know why its not easy for others. AP is the most dynamic back there is in the league, he has the stats, he has the team in the playoffs with a nice record. AND here is the BIG reason why AP is MVP. He has no one else on offense to back him up!!! Gus Ferotte is formidable at best, the WR's arent that great, the defense has been inconsistent all year. Teams plan around AP AND he still delivers. As opposed to Jacobs where the Giants have the most depth in the league with Boss,Toomer,Plax,Smith,Ward, and Manning is a very good QB. The last 2 games have proven that the giants dont need a running game to win. Eli has won those games by throwing the ball, the running game was very mediocre against the Cardinals and the Redskins. But we still won because of Eli.

And Portis I cant consider as well because he has a nice offense as well. With Moss, who imo is the best WR in the league next to S. Smith. And he has Cooley which is a very nice TE. A nice rookie WR in Devin Thomas. And finally Campbell is a good QB. Portis hasnt delivered in the big games and thats why he shouldnt win. We shouldnt crown someone because of his deficiencies against good teams, but reward players for playing against great teams. And Portis hasnt done that.
Yeah well all I have to say to you 2 giants fans is that its hard to run the ball when ur O line is overpowered..Portis gets the most outta every possible play.. and you can't say that portis gets shut down against the good teams.. he put up over 100 yards when the skins beat the Eagles and the Cowboys.. both of those teams have winning records.

You said the Redskins have a nice offense?? Not really, their O line cant Pass Block whatsoever which makes them one dimensional and makes it a hell of a lot easier to defend the Run..Yeah the Skins have playmakers but it all comes down to that offensive line, they are nothing but good run bllockers.. and this may sound stupid to you but Clinton Portis is their best pass blocker! He's an all purpose halfback and many teams need a player as rare and valuable as that.. imagine if he played for the saints?? Reggie bush can't run in between the tackles and Duece is getting old and washed up.. I would think that with him in the running game and brees with the passing that they would definetly start dominating especially since their offensive line can run and pass block pretty good

Nice arguments though

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
ya well ur last argument didnt really settle the issue, NICE TRY THOUGH. Just because he put up 100 yards against the Eagles and Cowboys doesnt mean jack. Both of those teams, believe it or not, dont have the best run defenses in the league. Had Jacobs not gotten injured, he would have easily delivered 100+ on the Ravens, THE BEST run defense in the league. He also did better vs Portis on both occasions. In fact, in their first meeting, Jacobs put up more yardage than Portis did on both meetings.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
I went with Brees cause of the great year he's having through the air

joeywatson15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ya well ur last argument didnt really settle the issue, NICE TRY THOUGH. Just because he put up 100 yards against the Eagles and Cowboys doesnt mean jack. Both of those teams, believe it or not, dont have the best run defenses in the league. Had Jacobs not gotten injured, he would have easily delivered 100+ on the Ravens, THE BEST run defense in the league. He also did better vs Portis on both occasions. In fact, in their first meeting, Jacobs put up more yardage than Portis did on both meetings.
How are you sooo sure jacobs would of had over 100 yards against the Ravens!?? you act like he already did.. he doesnt even have over 1000 yards.. yeah he missed a game but i doubt he wouldnt have over gotten over 100 yards that game Just becuz of how good the ravens run defense is..Portis has like 3 injuries and plays through them all! I guess Brandon Jacobs just isn't that tough.. guess he isnt MVP material..

I mean he plays for the best team and still can't put up over 1000 yards.. Portis is a Better running back.. Jacobs is good but CLinton Portis is a better FOOTBALL PLAYER

end of story

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
If you saw any quotes from the stories surfacing the NFl during the week b4 the game he missed, he said he felt good enough to play the rest of the Ravens game (he had 70 yards in the first quarter, and they kept running all over them) but his coach held him out.

Like I said b4, yes he doensth ave 1000 yards, not sure why your bringing that up. Yardage doesnt mean everything!
and it's not end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%