NFL 2010 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently the Browns are in a lot of talks for trades. Need to pick up a QB through trades in my opinion... Have a lot of needs but we aren't going to get a QB through the draft or free agency worth it.
You think Vick would be accepted by the Dawg Pound?

Had to do it haha.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd take him over what we have lol.

And according to Chris Mortensen he expects the Browns to trade Corey Williams to the Lions.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd take him over what we have lol.

And according to Chris Mortensen he expects the Browns to trade Corey Williams to the Lions.
That fact I've never heard of him must make him pretty bad?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was really good with the Packers a few years ago. He's a defensive lineman, he didn't fit our scheme.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was really good with the Packers a few years ago. He's a defensive lineman, he didn't fit our scheme.
Hmm, what does he expect us to trade for him?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't think he specified, most likely just a draft pick anywhere from round 3-5? idk.
Is he worth a 3 to 5? lol

We should just give you Culpepper :p

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For what he did with us, no. But he could play better on a new team.
If we use a 3rd or 4th I won't be a happy camper lol. We do need an end though.

I still want us to get Vaden Bosch though.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Probably not worth a 3rd rounder, but he did get 7 sacks in 2006 and 2007 for Green Bay. Will be interesting to see if it does get done, I would love to pick up another 3rd rounder, we've got ours and the Jets right now.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Probably not worth a 3rd rounder, but he did get 7 sacks in 2006 and 2007 for Green Bay. Will be interesting to see if it does get done, I would love to pick up another 3rd rounder, we've got ours and the Jets right now.
We have two 5th rounders I believe, so I'd assume that's what we'd give.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Got somethin else for you guys, jets& bolts on verge of trade. cromartie goes to jets in exchange for a high pick in 2011 draft. 2nd or 3rd. 15 minutes ago via UberTwitter
http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer

didn't even hear Cromarties name once last year, did he suck?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he was hurt, and just sucked lol.

I wish Mayhew would of gotten him though, SMH!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jones would be fine with me for sure.

I'm hearing we are targeting Chester Taylor too, which would probably be what the Lions do. With LT, Thomas, and Westbrook on the market, we will likely get the worst of the 4 lol.
Haha, we would do that. I would love to have LT but Jones is the best for us. We'll find out soon who's going to be with us, can't wait :D

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haha, we would do that. I would love to have LT but Jones is the best for us. We'll find out soon who's going to be with us, can't wait :D
I have a feeling we will be very disappointed.

But we will see shortly eh?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sources: Lions to acquire Williams
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com

On the surface a trade that proposes sending Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Corey Williams to the Detroit Lions on Friday may not seem like a big deal. But it could influence the NFL draft on April 22 with the Lions choosing second overall.

If Willliams lands with the Lions for a low draft pick, as sources say, he is expected to return to the role he played with his original team, the Green Bay Packers, which allowed him to play a more aggressive style which is commonly called a three technique. The Packers designated him as a franchise player in 2008 but traded him to the Browns for a second-round draft pick.

Williams could also be part of a revamped defensive front-four for the Lions and would free them up to select Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh over Oklahoma's Gerald McCoy if both defensive tackles are available at No. 2. Suh is considered by many NFL evaluators to be more versatile along the defensive front. The Lions also have not ruled out trading down a few slots to collect an extra draft pick and still land another impact player, either on defense or the offensive line.

Williams is scheduled to take a physical on Friday to finalize the Browns and Lions trade.

The Lions also will pursue free agent defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch, who once played for coach Jim Schwartz, the former defensive coordinator of the Titans. Vanden Bosch could have other suitors. The Seahawks also are expected to consider Vanden Bosch and Aaron Kampman as potential pass-rush defensive ends.

In dealing Williams, the Browns would pick up their 12th pick for next month's NFL draft and league sources say they have been very active in discussions with other teams regarding potential trades and free agency signings, including restricted free agents who would require draft pick compensation. The Browns have made it known that former Pro Bowl nose tackle Shaun Rogers is available for trade.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4967021

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have a feeling we will be very disappointed.

But we will see shortly eh?
Don't say that, lol. Its bad enough we all believe that. We don't wanna jinx it.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Vanden Bosch - Hill - Suh - Williams

Better than what he had last year that's for damn sure lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%