NFL 2010 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
John Clayton says we'll likely lead the race for Antrel Rolle..
I highly doubt we get him.

Should of just got Cromartie when we had the chance. Just when I thought this off-season was going to be good, we don't get Cromartie and I hear we are likely going to trade out of #2, which likely means no Suh.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I highly doubt we get him.

Should of just got Cromartie when we had the chance. Just when I thought this off-season was going to be good, we don't get Cromartie and I hear we are likely going to trade out of #2, which likely means no Suh.
We like Myron Rolle :/

I want Suh.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We like Myron Rolle :/

I want Suh.
Yeah they like a bunch of <Censored>ing secondary players who are like mid-1sts.

Just take best available at #2 for <Censored>s sake, make the fans happy for once. EVERYONE I know wants Suh so much.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Suh is an impact player, too. He'll help us so much.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah no doubt :/

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sports Illustrated NFL writer Don Banks thinks former Jets running back Thomas Jones will sign with the Lions this offseason. Banks sighted the Lions' need at running back with Kevin Smith being a question mark health-wise as the main reasons why Detroit would be attractive to Jones and vice-versa. Jones ran for 1,402 yards and 14 touchdowns last season, but he'll be 32 next season. He's a tough, reliable runner who could take some pressure of quarterback Matthew Stafford as Banks points out, but at 32, how much does he have left in the tank? It's believed the Lions will look to snag a young, talented back in this year's draft to be the back of the future. If the Lions can get Jones for a VERY GOOD price then it's not a bad move. Bring a ton of backs into camp and let them compete for a roster spot. May the best man win?
Still think we need to try to find a way to get Cromartie before we do anything <_<

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We need to make a huge trade that will change us now, but as long as these free agent rumors turn into signings I'll be happy.

Id like to have Jones

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I applied to be GM of the Lions.

They told me I was overqualified.

>_____<

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I'd like to go to a game this year actually.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
<Censored>, Detroit travels to Tampa this season.

I see a sig bet coming.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lions win.

Bet. I'll rock a I love men sig, well member bar thing.

We'll bet after the offseason, lol.

Mooche

Reaction score
Chargers decided to keep Sproles

According to San Diego Union-Tribune, the Chargers have surprisingly decided to place a first- and third-round tender on free agent Darren Sproles.
Sproles had been informed last week that he would not receive a tender, allowing him to test the market. GM A.J. Smith apparently had a change of heart after seeing the buzz around Sproles as a coveted free agent expected to draw $5 million per year. The Bolts' tender offer comes with a $7.27 million salary while removing the best free agent running back from the market. Sproles was expected to visit the Chiefs, Rams, Eagles, and Redskins in the
-----

Wow, total change of heart in Charger land...

Mooche

Reaction score
Cardinals released FS Antrel Rolle, as expected.
The Cardinals made their plans known two weeks ago. The move is designed to avoid Rolle's $4 million roster bonus on top of his $8.1 million salary. Though Arizona is still considered the favorite to re-sign Rolle, he's expected to draw serious interest from the Bears and Redskins. Rolle is said to be seeking $8 million/year.
-----

Rolle is a decent pickup for a team, he is not an all-star by any means but for a team looking for depth this is a good pickup.

Flight24

Reaction score
seems like its gonna be between the bears and my eagles for julius peppers. i really hope we're able to sign him, a duo of peppers and trent cole is just plain scary.

i'm also interested in whats gonna happen with our quarterbacks. mcnabb to st. louis rumors are flying, and vick is most likely gonna be moving too.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We need to make a huge trade that will change us now, but as long as these free agent rumors turn into signings I'll be happy.

Id like to have Jones
Jones would be fine with me for sure.

I'm hearing we are targeting Chester Taylor too, which would probably be what the Lions do. With LT, Thomas, and Westbrook on the market, we will likely get the worst of the 4 lol.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TYO waits for Pioli to make some moves....besides sign garbage ass backup players

WhenIRap

valanciunas
Reaction score
Why do you release my boy T. Jones? WHY?
Well that just killed my weekend.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently the Browns are in a lot of talks for trades. Need to pick up a QB through trades in my opinion... Have a lot of needs but we aren't going to get a QB through the draft or free agency worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%