NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Haha wow, total brainlaps there. I was thinking they lost to them last week, and these were the updated ones after that loss. Well, wherever I said they were going to drop to, they might`ve gained a spot or two back with the win tonight. Yeah, it was against Canisius, but a wins a win. Even though I prefer they go to low to unranked & stay there, a win is a win. I mean, they will probably eventually be unranked, unless they have another crazy surge to make up for that loss.
It happens.

Remember for our school project when my Oklahoma State Cowboys put the whoopin on your Georgia Tech, haha.

;)

Lake Louise

Reaction score
It happens.

Remember for our school project when my Oklahoma State Cowboys put the whoopin on your Georgia Tech, haha.

;)
I dont recall that. But what I do recall is my G-Tech Jackets making it far in the tourny, and your Cowboys were nowhere to be seen.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Well Ty Hansbrough broke the UNC record for most points previously held by Phil Ford today against Evansville. I find it very funny that right after he finally made the basket UNC went on a huge run to end the half.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Well Ty Hansbrough broke the UNC record for most points previously held by Phil Ford today against Evansville. I find it very funny that right after he finally made the basket UNC went on a huge run to end the half.
Must of just been waiting for him to make it so they could go on their run to break away from Evansville. UNC up 87-60 right now.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
does any body know the run that UNC went on to pull ahead?
They were up pretty much the whole game, were tied a 4 or 5 times in the game, but they went on like a 28-10 run to end the half, I believe.

UNC won 91-73.

Hansbrough finished with 20pts, 9rebs
Lawson with 16pts, 6asts
Green with 14pts, 5rebs

kdogg

Reaction score
Must of just been waiting for him to make it so they could go on their run to break away from Evansville. UNC up 87-60 right now.
Yeah, they really were not even trying until he broke the record. Then after that they must have decided to stop playing around with Evansville lol.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
#22 MSU beat #5 Texas today 67-63. Even though I am a fan of Texas, and wanted them to win, I`m still happy to see MSU representing Michigan & the Big Ten pretty well, along with OSU(#16 beat Iona 71-53), Purdue(#18 leading #20 Davidson 44-24), Michigan(up on Oakland 44-34 early in the 2nd half), & Minnesota(off to a 10-0 start, and a suprisingly unranked?? hmmm...) to name a few.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
YES, Michigan beat Oakland 89-76. I know it`s just Oakland, but they need to beat these weaker teams to show everyone that the wins against Duke & UCLA weren`t flukes. Small wins, lead to big prizes.

Manny Harris put up 15 with 13 asts
DeShawn Sims was one away from a double-double as well with 20 pts and 9 boards
Stu Douglass put up 12
Lucas-Perry put up 14
& Zack Novak was a point short of double digits with 9pts.

kdogg

Reaction score
BIG TEN POWER lol

#1 Conference in RPI, plus I think everybody that played won today except for Iowa.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
BIG TEN POWER lol

#1 Conference in RPI, plus I think everybody that played won today except for Iowa.
Haha you know it.

Nope. Northwestern lost to Standford 65-59. Dang, if only Iown & Northwestern won, we could`ve had a Big Ten win on the day, but nope. Although, I would say 7 of the 9 teams that played today winning, would be considered a win on the day, so it`s all good. lol

It`s funny though, Drake, who beat Iowa 60-43, is the school my high schools best b-ball player is going to. In our second game of the season, he put up 34, and dunked it baseline.

How much points did Christmas have?
He had 21.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wtf, the AP poll is some serious BS. How could MSU and Purdue be ahead of Ohio State, we are undefeated, we've topped off the two ranked teams (#22 Miami and #7 Notre Dame), and that win against Notre Dame was on the road, and we also beat an undefeated Butler team. So far we have been the best team in the Big Ten with Minnesota, I don't understand why we are so low <_< Oh well, rankings mean nothing once the tourney starts. Also, the AP has Notre Dame (8-2), ahead of us, and we beat them.

ESPN.com power rankings actually know things -_-, they have us at #13, and the highest rated Big Ten team.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Yeah, the difference in rankings between AP & USA Polls is very different sometimes. They both have the same first seven, but after that it`s all scrambled around pretty much.

Although, I do like one of the rankings in the AP.....#24-Michigan :D

Minnesota is just trying to suprise everyone in every sport, or so it seems. They started out and finished the football season a lot better than last year, and the`ve started the basketball season 10-0, latest victory over than #9 Louisville, who is now #19.

kdogg

Reaction score
wtf, the AP poll is some serious BS. How could MSU and Purdue be ahead of Ohio State, we are undefeated, we've topped off the two ranked teams (#22 Miami and #7 Notre Dame), and that win against Notre Dame was on the road, and we also beat an undefeated Butler team. So far we have been the best team in the Big Ten with Minnesota, I don't understand why we are so low <_< Oh well, rankings mean nothing once the tourney starts. Also, the AP has Notre Dame (8-2), ahead of us, and we beat them.

ESPN.com power rankings actually know things -_-, they have us at #13, and the highest rated Big Ten team.
Well I guess it has to do with who you guys played this past week and not the whole season. But they should be a little higher though. They did the same thing last week when MSU beat down on Alcorn State by almost 60 points and still moved down like 3 spots.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Michigan plays Florida Gulf Coast tonight. I wonder if it will be on TV so I can watch the masacre.

Nice to see Michigan in the top 25 in the AP according to ESPN.
I'd be happy with a tourny berth period.

kdogg

Reaction score
Michigan plays Florida Gulf Coast tonight. I wonder if it will be on TV so I can watch the masacre.

Nice to see Michigan in the top 25 in the AP according to ESPN.
I'd be happy with a tourny berth period.
Only comes on bigtennetwork.com, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%