NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Michigan won 76-59 against the Flordia Gulf Coast.

Grady-14pts
Douglass-12pts
Lucas-Perry-10pts
Manny Harris-6pts, 6rebs

Deshawn Sims lead the way with a double-double of 20pts, 20 boards.

Michigan(9-2) has about a week break before playing the winless North Carolina Central Eagles(0-14) & 2 days after that start their Big Ten Conference play against Wisconsin on the 31st.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
is it just me or has memphis looked extremely overrated. I mean you got Tyreke Evans chucking and the rest of the guys are like wtf. Tyreke is not ready for the pros. I cant wait to see him and Xavier henry fighting for shots

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I feel the same way. They just dont look great at all to me. I have seen two of their games this season, Georgetown & Syracuse, and they looked absolutely horrible in both those games. They played very sloppy, couldn`t make shots, bad passes out of bounds, or blocked and turned into 2 for the other team, not getting the rebounds, it`s hard to watch sometimes. Ok, well, I was laughing during the Syracuse game when they were playing bad, but still, there were a lot of "wow" moments, and not the good kind.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
#12 Xavier lost today at home to Butler 74-65 and #7 Gonzaga is in a close game against Portland State late in the 2nd Half.

BTW, Demetri McCamey is looking really good for Illinois this year.

kdogg

Reaction score
And Gonzaga loses at home as well 77-70.

kdogg

Reaction score
Indiana is just plain out terrible this year. First they lost to Northeastern at home and now they have lost to Lipscomb at home.

Will they even get 8 wins this season lol?

kdogg

Reaction score
Jeremiah rivers is gonna be a gunner next year at IU.
Yeah, they should be a pretty good team next year. They just need some actual ball players down there right now though.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Yeah Michigan!! Putting their 5-game win streak on the line tonight vs. Wisconsin @ Michigan to kick off their Big Ten Conference play. Hopefully we can start it off better than Purdue did, losing to Illinois.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Oh, how I hate Wisconsin.

Although, Michigan didn`t do much of anything today.

Big Tens leaders in ppg in Manny Harris-19.8(I believe) and rpg in DeShawn Sims-9.2(I believe), had next to nothing in their respective categories, and the freshman Zach Novak stepped up with a 20 point performance, 5-7 from 3.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah that was a really bad game by Michigan. Fatigue was definatly a factor. We played less than 48 hours ago.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
When Wisconsin had, I think they said a weeks rest. Definately makes a big difference.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea but I guess it can only be a factor to an extent. Michigan really couldn't do anything against the Badgers defense.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
True.They had that problem last year too. They almost pulled off an upset against Wisconsin last year, but the Badgers stole it from them. I just dont like seeing them starting Big Ten play with a loss after the season they have been having. The division is definately improved from last year though that`s for sure.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah your right. Probably will drop from the top 25 too :/

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Sad, but true. Just hope they can get back in their sometime soon by bouncing back and winning games in the Big Ten. It would help since the Big Ten has improved a lot since last year, so every game that`s played in the Big Ten, and won or lost, could help get teams into or out of the Top 25.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Buckeyes pulled out a hard earned win against Iowa today, 68-65. Diebler was 7-10 from the 3 point line.

kdogg

Reaction score
MSU handled previously undefeated Minnesota on the road, with Kalin Lucas scoring 24 points and some monster slams from D Summers as well.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Baylor(12-2) lost to South Carolina(10-2) 85-84 Friday.

5 Gamecocks scored in double-figures, as Baylor Bears only had 4 in double-digits.

The plus side for Baylor is that Curtis Jerrells(22pts, 10asts) & Kevin Rogers(14pts, 13rebs), both had a double-double.

Baylor is still in good shape in 3rd on the Big-12 behind Oklahoma(12-1) & Texas A & M(12-1) but the win would`ve definately helped them temporarily hold the #1 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%