#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/anthonyfenech/status/887133534363635713

Please dont be the dbacks or rockies

brett05

Reaction score
catman said:
This coming from the guy that says that Dozier is a below average fielder.......
I use my eyes, not some nebulous statistics.  Garcia is one of the worst fielders I have ever seen in the outfield.  Happ would have been an upgrade.  Jimenez, though not nearly ready for the majors, would be a tremendous upgrade defensively.
Yeah, don't use the stats that the folks that run baseball use that would be INSANE!  Dozier still trying to get to 0 on UZR/150. 

brett05

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:

Think you're missing the point. I showed where you speculated he had Sale's trade value, which did not occur. Plus as others have pointed out, you missed your assessment as well with what prospects he would bring back. 

So I fail to see how I'm wrong. All you've done is overrate Quintana. Enjoy your prospects. It's all the White Sox have going for them these days.
I did nothing of the sort.  I said he could and agreed with those that had similar opinion.  That's all.  We got a team's top two specs one who's in the top 5 and has been rated as the best offensive spec and a pitcher in the top 100 could be top 50 once the season ends.  I admit, they got less on the backend but quite a haul on the front end.

We have a team that has to be rebuilt and it's being done right.  I'm very happy with my team.  Enjoy being bounced after round 1 in the playoffs.

brett05

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:

Historically, it has received a lot of criticism. I'm not looking to knock Quintana, I'm just saying the stat is not the best indicator of success. 
Actually it's pretty darn good over the long haul.  You see no career era's of 4.5 on that list that was posted do you? 

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I'm having second thoughts about Frazier because we just got Holt back. Between Holt, Lin, and Marrero, I think we have third base covered. Todd Frazier is hitting .204.

Question is, where will our offense come from?

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Fuck having Holt limited to one position. Hes his most valuable moving around

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I mean you aren't limiting Holt's versatility

Every other position on the field, sans catcher, is clearly better than Holt is. Benintendi, Bradley, Betts, Bogaerts, Pedroia, Moreland, Hanley.

You can start Brock at third, and then when JBJ needs rest versus a righty you can put Holt in left and move Benintendi to center. And then you have Lin at third

I'd be surprised if Holt wasn't splitting with Lin the third baseman duties, with Marrero acting as the Marco Hernandez backup role. He's not stuck as solely a 3B

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I agree, but I don't want to have the idea that Holt is the solution a third when Lin is likely going to regress and you can't expect much from Marrero at the plate.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Fuck having Holt limited to one position. Hes his most valuable moving around
I never said limit him to one position. I just said he is an option.

But it's no different than playing him everyday, and he is easily the best option there right now. I like Rutledge too, but I think he's injured and he hasn't really performed well.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
I'm making a bold prediction here.

I think the Yankees land Justin Verlander.

According to some sources, Verlander is on the trading block and the Yankees always try to acquire star players.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I'm making a bold prediction here.

I think the Yankees land Justin Verlander.

According to some sources, Verlander is on the trading block and the Yankees always try to acquire star players.
we're only offering to pay "some" of his contract. thats what's going to be hard

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yankees interested in Mets' Duda and Reed.

I've been saying for a month that Duda would be a great fit there. Make it happen Sandy.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
we're only offering to pay "some" of his contract. thats what's going to be hard
The Bankees can easily cover the rest.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
The Bankees can easily cover the rest.
oh, i agree. if any team can pay it, its them. we just have a ridiculous idea of what we should get in return

catman

Reaction score
brett05 said:
Yeah, don't use the stats that the folks that run baseball use that would be INSANE!  Dozier still trying to get to 0 on UZR/150. 
I just know what I see with my own eyes (do you actually watch the game or just read stats from one site?).  Garcia is one of the worst all-time fielders in right.  He's why Adam Eaton was playing out of position last year for the Sox.  At one time, I was a better fielder than Garcia.
Also, Baseball Reference rates Dozier just a bit better than you do.  Check their stats out.  You might actually learn that there are other places to look.

catman

Reaction score
Rumor has it that JD Martinez is going to the D'Backs, per MLB Network.
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/887438913727549441

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
White Sox just announced that Frazier is a "healthy scratch"

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just saw from i think heyman that angelos gave duquette the OK to pursue trades for relievers and seth smith

O's officially in sell mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%