All Encompassing Trade Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
brett05 said:
Garcia is better than Happ and the numbers show that on fangraphs.com.  Happ is not an OF.
He can be made into one. He has little experience in the OF, he will get better with experience. I also fully expect the Cubs to trade some major league talent i.e. Baez, Russell, Schwarber this winter which could open a spot for him in the Cubs infield.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
And that would be a very successful season for them, no?
I would say so, but I was under the impression you were giving them too much credit.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I would say so, but I was under the impression you were giving them too much credit.
they have been one of the surprise teams of the first half. I don't want to take anything away from them. Regardless of their division no one saw them playing this well

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
they have been one of the surprise teams of the first half. I don't want to take anything away from them. Regardless of their division no one saw them playing this well
You're right about that.  Honestly, I hope they win the division.  I just don't see it happening.

Rockies are in the same boat unfortunately.  I was hoping they'd dethrone the Dodgers.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Bosox have a lot of interest in Todd Frazier

https://twitter.com/theScore/status/886259606082727936

As long as we don't give up too much, its probably our best option at this point.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
eh im fine with frazier but id rather save our resources and just platoon 2-Way Lin and Marrero at third, plus maybe Holt if he ever comes back this season

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
You don't go far with two guys like Marrero and Lin manning the hot corner. Literally no value in their bats

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Lin has a .325 average and an .851 ops in his 16 game stint

If he can sustain .265 /.600 it will definitely be good enough for a 9 hitter with good defense. 

You don't need them to do anything special. You just need them to not be a negative

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Lin has a .325 average and an .851 ops in his 16 game stint

If he can sustain .265 /.600 it will definitely be good enough for a 9 hitter with good defense. 

You don't need them to do anything special. You just need them to not be a negative
Marrero is awful at the plate, but Lin actually looks promising.  I'd be okay giving Lin the spot and keeping him there.  

There's no sense trading for a third basemen when we have Devers coming up and have to give up prospects to get one.

catman

Reaction score
The Nationals picked up a couple of bullpen arms from the A's.  Sean Doolittle and Ryan Madson go to Washington for Blake Treinen, Jesus Luzardo (#15 prospect -- lefty starter) and 3B Sheldon Neuse (#17 prospect).  Not a lot of cost for what could fix their entire team.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently we are close to acquiring Todd Frazier. I like the deal if we don't give up a lot. We have Devers in the wings, so it wouldn't be worth trading all our prospects.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
I heard someone in the teens and someone in the twenties for our prospect rankings

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sox should trade for travis shaw imo

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dodgers wanted Miller. They tried to sign him, but he preferred the east coadt and the yanks asked for a lot obviously

They wanted chapman but took the high road and refused to trade for a player with that DV history cant blame them

Now we hear Britton whispers. I think it's legit. Im hearing more and more rumblings

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
You don't go far with two guys like Marrero and Lin manning the hot corner. Literally no value in their bats
Frazier is barely a .200 hitter right now. I'd take Lin and Marrero for now.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
I heard someone in the teens and someone in the twenties for our prospect rankings
Actually if that's what it is I don't mind it for you guys. Just don't expect too much.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
Actually if that's what it is I don't mind it for you guys. Just don't expect too much.
It wont be much. Lin has a 59 plate appearance sample size and Marerro is Marerro

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
Frazier is barely a .200 hitter right now. I'd take Lin and Marrero for now.
I take Frazier, who has more experience, but only if we don't give up much.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kinda crazy that adam dunn and frazier both got to chicago and there averages just took a massive nose dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%