All Encompassing Trade Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett05

Reaction score
catman said:
Happ would be a whole lot better than Garcia in the outfield.  Garcia is a horrible fielder.
Garcia is better than Happ and the numbers show that on fangraphs.com.  Happ is not an OF.

catman

Reaction score
This coming from the guy that says that Dozier is a below average fielder.......
I use my eyes, not some nebulous statistics.  Garcia is one of the worst fielders I have ever seen in the outfield.  Happ would have been an upgrade.  Jimenez, though not nearly ready for the majors, would be a tremendous upgrade defensively.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
catman said:
If Britton is healthy, that would give the Dodgers a very short game.  Britton in the 8th and then Jansen in the 9th?  7 inning games are always nice.
Both guys can go longer too. I'd imagine they'd try to use Britton like the Indians used Miller last year.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea theyd use britton in the 7th maybe 6th. As well as 8th and 9th
Kenley has been doing 4 out saves all year and last playoffs was a beast at multiple inning appearances

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
catman said:
Mad Dog just said that the Sox should have held out for Ian Happ.  He's far better than Jimenez.  They might not have gotten the pitching prospect, but they would have improved their outfield defense immediately.  I concur.
I doubt the Cubs would trade the one guy who has been hitting when it counts this season. I believe the Cubs will trade some of their major league talent (Russell, Baez, Schwarber, or Happ) this winter to add another cost controlled SP. It's really tough to replace those guys midseason.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
brett05 said:
Thanks.  You've show where I reported him traded and that he could get as high as Sale.  Nothing about would bring in.  So I guess you quoting is your way of saying you are wrong.  I agree, you are.  You are forgiven.

Think you're missing the point. I showed where you speculated he had Sale's trade value, which did not occur. Plus as others have pointed out, you missed your assessment as well with what prospects he would bring back. 

So I fail to see how I'm wrong. All you've done is overrate Quintana. Enjoy your prospects. It's all the White Sox have going for them these days.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
With the addition of Quintana I don't expect the Cubs to make any other moves. Don't think they really need to,  guys just need to get their shit together. Basically the same group that won a total of 114 games and a World Series last year

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
With the addition of Quintana I don't expect the Cubs to make any other moves. Don't think they really need to,  guys just need to get their shit together. Basically the same group that won a total of 114 games and a World Series last year
And the same group that is vastly underperforming all season.  Quintana isn't going to make or break them this year.  The Cubs have to get it together or they're going to single-handedly give the Brewers the division.

The only reason the Brewers are relevant is that everyone in the NL Central is bad or underperforming.  The Brewers' winning record is the result of everyone else in the division slumping at the wrong time.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
also stop talking about quintana as if hes some god

hes been nearly as bad as Porcello has been this year
Porcello has been worse, and he has a whole career to show this. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
And the same group that is vastly underperforming all season.  Quintana isn't going to make or break them this year.  The Cubs have to get it together or they're going to single-handedly give the Brewers the division.

The only reason the Brewers are relevant is that everyone in the NL Central is bad or underperforming.  The Brewers' winning record is the result of everyone else in the division slumping at the wrong time.
I don't think you are giving the Brewers enough credit. They're playing good baseball

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Most Quality Starts since 2013

Kershaw - 111
Scherzer - 111
Sale - 105
Lester - 104
Hamels - 99
Quintana - 95
Greinke - 95

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Quality starts may just be the most pointless stat in baseball. To have a quality start, you can allow three earned runs over six innings, which equates to a 4.50 ERA. Far from special.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Quality starts may just be the most pointless stat in baseball. To have a quality start, you can allow three earned runs over six innings, which equates to a 4.50 ERA. Far from special.
Ya when the only people above you on a list is Kershaw, Scherzer, Sale, Lester, and Hamels I'm sure it's meaningless ..

catman

Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Bert Blyleven was asked what he thought a quality start was and he said 7+ innings with 2 or fewer runs allowed.  

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
catman said:
Bert Blyleven was asked what he thought a quality start was and he said 7+ innings with 2 or fewer runs allowed.  

I was just giving the official definition. I obviously agree with this a lot more.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
JZsportswhiz said:
Ya when the only people above you on a list is Kershaw, Scherzer, Sale, Lester, and Hamels I'm sure it's meaningless ..

Historically, it has received a lot of criticism. I'm not looking to knock Quintana, I'm just saying the stat is not the best indicator of success. 

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I don't think you are giving the Brewers enough credit. They're playing good baseball
I will give them credit when they win the division and a series in the postseason. Right now they are riding on the fact that the Cubs are underperforming and everyone else in the division is a below .500 team.

And yes, I do think the Cubs can win their division easily if they get their act together.

Eric Thames is not going to hit as many homeruns as he has in the first half and last year, Travis Shaw was horrible down the stretch for the Sox. Denounce me if I'm wrong, but I just don't see the Brewers holding out. At the season's end, they'll be about a .500 team, maybe slightly above.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I will give them credit when they win the division and a series in the postseason. Right now they are riding on the fact that the Cubs are underperforming and everyone else in the division is a below .500 team.

And yes, I do think the Cubs can win their division easily if they get their act together.

Eric Thames is not going to hit as many homeruns as he has in the first half and last year, Travis Shaw was horrible down the stretch for the Sox. Denounce me if I'm wrong, but I just don't see the Brewers holding out. At the season's end, they'll be about a .500 team, maybe slightly above.
And that would be a very successful season for them, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%