2014 Prospect Talk Thread

TTN2810

Reaction score
Quick question. I know you guys are smart football guys, and I know you are smart enough to have your own informed opinions on these prospects. But would anybody like/enjoy if I did tape breakdowns on some of these QB's, using GIFs and screenshots? I think it could be fun and add to SI's scouting. I know I would enjoy if you guys did the same, as I respect your opinions and would like to see why/where your views come from. But if not I really won't waste my time, I know why I like/dislike guys haha.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't have enough knowledge on football and QBs in general to break them down completely. I just look for a few traits to make rash decisions lol.

I would definitely read your breakdowns though.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That'd be awesome man. I'd definitely give 'em a read.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Haha I was just reading the other day on a Titans blog that he has the potential to be a franchise QB.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he goes anywhere, I hope he goes to JAX. He was at his best under Fisch, but he regressed badly once he left. He also has no leadership qualities whatsoever.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Comparing Carr side by side with Mettenberger just baffles me how Carr's stock is higher. Even before Mett's ACL tear. Mett is better at EVERYTHING other than athleticism. This is why picks like Ponder happen and guys like Foles slide to the 3rd. Actually I can't say why, because I don't know why. But apparently it happens.

The only thing I worry about with Mett is he won't get a shot because of his injury. If he has to miss time and recover and not compete, that could really hurt his chances for the future.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Man Blake Bortles had himself and awful Fiesta Bowl. I really am baffled how this guys has top 5 hype. I get drafting for need. But this is just.. I have no words.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Still need to do a lot of studying, but as of right now, my preliminary QB rankings are as follows:

1. Johnny Manziel (top 5)
2a. Zach Mettenberger (top 12)
2b. Teddy Bridgewater (Zach and Teddy are interchangeable with what system you want to run) (top 12)
4. Derek Carr (1)
5. Blake Bortles (2)
6. David Fales (3)
7. Tajh Boyd (3)
8. Jimmy Garoppolo (3)

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Storm would have been a great compliment to Duke Johnson at Miami.  Fuck him for leaving.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Anyone else think Allen Robinson is Demaryius Thomas 2.0?

TTN2810

Reaction score
I really really really like Carlos Hyde. I think his floor is Frank Gore, ceiling Marshawn Lynch. Depends how hard and physical he wants to run.

That being said, I'd take Gore any day of the week, so whoever takes him is a winner in my books. Best RB in the draft by far IMO.

EDIT
Maybe Lache is close. But. Hyde.

TTN2810

Reaction score
While I'm at the comparisons, I've got one more: Brandin Cooks = Antonio Brown. I actually like Cooks out wide, like Brown. Small, but I think he can work there, doesn't need to be a slot.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Love Cooks. He's gonna be a steal for someone on day 2.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
I really really really like Carlos Hyde. I think his floor is Frank Gore, ceiling Marshawn Lynch. Depends how hard and physical he wants to run.

That being said, I'd take Gore any day of the week, so whoever takes him is a winner in my books. Best RB in the draft by far IMO.

EDIT
Maybe Lache is close. But. Hyde.
Hes so strong. He's not going to break off 40 yard runs but he has a surprisingly good initial burst, which leads to those consistent 8-16 yard gains. Never fumbles either

I'm still skeptical on his pro prospects though. Everything points to him being a nice back, but he could end up being just too slow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%