2014 Prospect Talk Thread

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Am I crazy if I think ditching Stafford would be a great long term move for Detroit?

Also, I'm really interested in what tomorrow's FCS Championship game could for Brock Jensen's pro chances. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Can we talk about Johnny Football is the next Brett Favre

TTN2810

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Did you know Matt Stafford is 1-22 against teams who have finished the season with a winning record?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
Did you know Matt Stafford is 1-22 against teams who have finished the season with a winning record?
Lions don't face many teams with winning records usually. And their secondary is atrocious. They have no help for Calvin

You don't blame stafford, you blame the lions for not helping him

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I believe he has 2 wins now.  They beat the Packers once this year.

TTN2810

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Lions don't face many teams with winning records usually. And their secondary is atrocious. They have no help for Calvin

Not playing good teams has nothing to do with going only 2-22 or whatever it is now against them. Yes the secondary sucks, but hey, they have an awesome D-Line and Linebacker group. Overall they still have the 16th D, and are 15th in points allowed. That is far from a dismal. 6 of their 9 losses were by 4 points or less. At what point do we start saying if he doesn't throw 19 INT's they win some of those? At what point do we say he needs to start winning these close games? In comparison, 2 of their 7 wins were by 4 points or less. So he is 2-6 in close games. Win 3 of those 6 and you are in the playoffs. The reason they aren't winning these close games? In the last 2 minutes of each half this year, he had only 1 TD to 6 INTs.

As for not helping Stafford: really? He has the best WR in the league, the best receiving RB in the league, and a first round TE. That's a threat outside, down the middle, and out of the backfield. It's not like his weapons are that far off of, if not even better than what Brady, Rivers or Roethlisberger. He has enough weapons. How about he makes the players around him better? Isn't that what great QB's do?

I'm not saying can him. But he really, really needs to start improving.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

The Lions secondary isn't great, but it's not terrible. Delmas and Quinn are two of the most underrated safeties in the league, and their corners are only improving.

Stafford is a quarterback who throws the ball 700 times a season but his stats don't reflect it, and his efficiency is absolutely atrocious. He's got more than a lot of QBs have. Tron, Bush, Pettigrew and Fauria is a fine TE combo, even with Pettigrew's drop problems. Durham and Burleson aren't bad at all. Joique Bell is a very nice piece.

Stafford is inefficient, has horrible mechanics, and flat out doesn't improve year by year. Not a very good QB, and certainly not top 10 material, as of now.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Tropical Depression said:
I believe he has 2 wins now.  They beat the Packers once this year.

Tolzien/Flynn at QB; doesn't count.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
stafford relies on his arm way too much when the plays break down.

that could be put on the staff that has been around him telling him to do that. but at this point, it wont change.

hes a slinger, always will be.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Assuming he enters the draft this year, Kony Ealy will go Top 10. His stock is crawling already into the 1st round now, and it is going to explode soon, especially at the Combine. He's gonna have a very good 40 time to go with his 6'5" 275 body. If Ansah can jump to #5, Ealy can make his jump too. Technically, while he won't go #1, and I doubt they trade back for him, but Ealy is the perfect fit to bookend Watt, even more than Clowney.

He's similar to Chandler Jones, maybe that's why I like him so much, idk.

Edit: he's much faster than Chandler. His 4.67 40 is half a second faster than Aldon Smith, and yet he's 10lbs heavier than Chandler Jones was. This kid will go top 10, maybe higher

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brandin Cooks is a 1st rounder.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sammy Watkins is easily the best receiver in the draft... IDK why I had Evans going ahead of him in my mock.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I also thought Beasley was an overrated prospect, but he's looking very good so far tonight.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tajh Boyd was getting 1st round buzz going into the season. God damn has his stock fallen.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lache is leaving; Ekpre-Olomu going back.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Anyone think Kelvin Benjamin could become the #1 WR taken if he declares, just on potential alone?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Depends on his situation

I refuse to give him Megatron comparisons, because otherwise Benj would be a Top 5 sure fire pick. I think of him as a faster Alshon Jeffery (NFL Alshon, not SCar Alshon). Jeffery could be ace for many teams in the league, or he can be the perfect complementary piece on the rest

TTN2810

Reaction score
Given how Alshon turned out, if the NFL had known, he would be a sure fire top 5 pick IMO. He definitely has more potential than Evans in my IMO, but Watkins really is his own beast.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Even though he isn't a 2014 prospect, man, I'm surprised how bad Winston looks tonight. I only caught maybe half a quarter of his play this season, but after all the hype, I expected this guy to be the best college QB I've ever seen lol. It's not like he looks just not great, he actually looks bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%