2014 Prospect Talk Thread

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really like Marqise Lee, but I could easily see him busting hard if not in the right situation.  He could be anything from Mark Clayton to Torry Holt.

TTN2810

Reaction score
elcheato said:
Hes so strong. He's not going to break off 40 yard runs but he has a surprisingly good initial burst, which leads to those consistent 8-16 yard gains. Never fumbles either

I'm still skeptical on his pro prospects though. Everything points to him being a nice back, but he could end up being just too slow
Yeah he's super strong, but I'd like to see him initiate more contact rather than run through guys, I'd like to see him run over guys.

As far as the speed, I'm not worried about it at all, myself. I think he's got plenty of it. He looks just as fast as the 200 pound backs in the draft. I won't be shocked to see him run 4.45-4.49 at the combine if his technique is good. Even if he doesn't, he has quick enough feet and a nasty cut that he'll be fine in the NFL IMO.

TTN2810

Reaction score
As you all know my man crush for this draft is Zach Mettenberger. Like I've said before, he's the closest thing to Tom Brady since Tom Brady IMO. He neeeeeds to get a shot somewhere. I really hope he get's his shot, man.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm starting to feel the Titans may go after Carr at 11, or Fales later in the draft. Bridgewater and Carr are ideal fits for Whiz, but no way TBW is there at 11. 

They go Carr at 11 if Locker is determined not to be the future. Good fit for Whiz, great skill set.

If they still want to give him a shot, then Fales later on. He's a real good fit for Whiz, with some possible upside.

I'm still holding on to the hope somehow Mett ends up in Tennessee, but my bet is he goes to a team like Arizona or a team with a more vertical passing attack.

TTN2810

Reaction score
"Fales is your Bridgewater arbitrage play in this draft." - @BeauxJaxson

Saw this on twitter and agree with it 5 fucking thousand percent.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My god, Blake Bortles is average. There are like 5 QBs I'd take over him.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Teagz said:
My god, Blake Bortles is average. There are like 5 QBs I'd take over him.
Everyone just wants to fight to get him, so whoever does, will get the addition of his girlfriend also.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Kyle Van Noy, would love to be reunited with Ziggy in Detroit. I wouldn't mind using a pick on him. If anything, it would already give them that team chemistry with each other.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Bortles seems to always make one or two wow throws a game that make people forget how average the rest of his game is.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm not too high on Kadeem Carey. He isn't big, isn't especially fast, nor elusive, or powerful. He's a fine runningback; nothing more. Reminds me of Donald Brown. Brown actually had a nice year, but overall, you don't want either of these guys to be your lead back.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't trust Rich Rod RBs. I don't trust most players from a Rich Rod offense.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Steve Slaton lol

TTN2810

Reaction score
I thought Steve Slaton was in the CFL..?
EDIT nvm was thinking of Noel Devine lolol

TTN2810

Reaction score
Continuing my QB scouting, Mettenberger is pushing himself further in front.

Updated QB rankings

1. Manziel
2. Mettenberger
3. Bridgewater
4. Carr
5. Bortles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%