2012 NFL Draft Thread.

TTN2810

Reaction score
My goodness, Mike Glennon. He throws way to many sub-five-yard throws.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Mike Glennon vs. Louisville (Watch directly on YouTube for 720p)

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Great patience and toughness in the pocket, but those back foot throws are hideous.

Nothing about that looked like a 1st round QB to me, but we'll see. Last year was his first year as a starter.

TTN2810

Reaction score
The seem throw TD before half where he placed it in front of the safety so the WR could run was fantastic, but that was the only play that really impressed me. And even though he did check down a lot, there were plays where he clearly went through his progressions to make the right throw. You can see this on his first TD. I'm going to cut up another game of his vs. Wake Forest, so maybe we'll see a little more in that one.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Kendall Wright chose #13. Love it, 13 had always been my favorite number.

Would you guys rather see another Glennon game, or should I do a Geno Smith game first?

TTN2810

Reaction score
FWIW I think Logan Thomas could be the next Cam Newton. Watching Thomas, his motions in the pocket are pretty much identical to Newton. Though he's not quite as good an athlete, he's an inch taller and 15 pounds heavier. Look out for this guy.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I remember Logan Thomas destroying my high school team in the state semi's during my senior year.

TTN2810

Reaction score
The guy's a beast. He just needs to be more consistent. Last year there was too many games where he was held in check.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
jake, do you actually like cousins or are you only sporting the avy cause hes a 'skin?

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
jake, do you actually like cousins or are you only sporting the avy cause hes a 'skin?
I've always liked Cousins.

Just because the retards on ESPN don't think it was a good pick doesn't mean they're right. I had no problem with it whatsoever.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he slipped. i just dont like the idea of having him behind the new "franchise" guy. he needs to sit behind a solid vet and slowly get into the spot. he wont behind rg3. oh well. you guys got two talented dudes at qb lol..not a bad thing at all.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't like the pick because of the scarce resources the Skins have and I don't think that highly of Cousins in the first place.

The Redskins are expecting Cousins to impress as a back up and have the same value that Schaub, Flynn and Kolb had. I don't see that happening.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Whether or not he has what it takes to become the next Cassel or Kolb remains to be seen, but we've seen what happens to teams that fail to address the backup QB position.

Caleb Hanie and Curtis Painter are prime examples. Cassel and Flynn are also examples of what happens when you have a competent back up in place.

Backup QB is the 2nd most important position on a football team, but it's also probably one of the least "glamorous."

TTN2810

Reaction score
It'll happen goddammit. Nah, but seriously, he's a Matt Flynn clone. I know we haven't seen much of Flynn, but with either of them, put them in the right offense and they will flourish. I like them both in a west coast or spread hybrid type deal that a lot of teams are running. Even though Cousins played in a pro style in college.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Whether or not he has what it takes to become the next Cassel or Kolb remains to be seen, but we've seen what happens to teams that fail to address the backup QB position.

Caleb Hanie and Curtis Painter are prime examples. Cassel and Flynn are also examples of what happens when you have a competent back up in place.

Backup QB is the 2nd most important position on a football team, but it's also probably one of the least "glamorous."
And you can address that in free agency, instead of taking another unproven rookie, who you can't even consider a good back up at this point.

TTN2810

Reaction score
You gotta think of system fits though Cheato. Cousins who was the 3rd QB on their board, fits them a lot better than the FA guys. You don't want to sign another McNabb who just wont fit and will suck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%