Sportz Insomnia version 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cejis33

Serve the Servants
Reaction score
Here are some of my ideas for SI v2.0

1. Have some nice new skins. And themed to. For example a baseball skin, football, basketball and hockey and an General SI skin.

2. Have the sports forums more indepth and maybe have a trade center and stuff

3. Lets take some time recruiting some more members. Get really active ones here and stuff

4. Weekly Newsletter or Bi-Weekly and make it in PS like a magazine kinda form

5. An SI Website would be awesome

6. Have a points system where u get points for posting and such

7. More emoticons and a better graphics section

8. Have dedictated writters for sports and such. Like we would have a John Madden for the NFL.

9. Get some young boards to merge with us

10. Podcasts :)

11. Update Affiliates

12. Prospects Zone where we can talk about future stars of the game

13. Trash Talk place where we can rip apart other teams

14. Bring back SOTW

15. Have Sports Weekly Triva Questions

16. Have Sports Weekly Polls

17. For opening ceremony get some SI alumni to be there

18. Pats going 19-0, Leafs gonna win the Stanley Cup, Jays are winning the World Series and Raptors are in the NBA Finals!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
FBB

1. Have some nice new skins. And themed to. For example a baseball skin, football, basketball and hockey and an General SI skin.

3. Lets take some time recruiting some more members. Get really active ones here and stuff

8. Have dedictated writters for sports and such. Like we would have a John Madden for the NFL.

11. Update Affiliates

14. Bring back SOTW

18. Pats going 19-0, Leafs gonna win the Stanley Cup, Jays are winning the World Series and Raptors are in the NBA Finals!

Some of that stuff we can do now.
I do like it. But in the end it's really up to the boss.

Sabbath

Reaction score
I liked the separate sport debate tourney mentioned by someone.

Mysterio is getting the article team back, and if you want to help tryout.

I have a kind of cool idea, we make an all-SI team for each sport. For example: We have polls for who is the best point guards with a ton of players on it and the top 2 are put onto are boards all sports team. I can run the thing, we'll start off with nominations and then you vote.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
FBB
I have a kind of cool idea, we make an all-SI team for each sport. For example: We have polls for who is the best point guards with a ton of players on it and the top 2 are put onto are boards all sports team. I can run the thing, we'll start off with nominations and then you vote.
That's a good idea.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really like the idea of a point system.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh. Beleive me, its nesseisary!

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i have coding for a point system.. only problems is that point systems do not last long and only benefit long-lasting members.. newer members can be turned away due to "not having enough points".
lots of othe sites that have them, the admins regret inserting them... so, I'm still a bit iffy on that

Josh10_10

The Realist Baller
Reaction score
i have coding for a point system.. only problems is that point systems do not last long and only benefit long-lasting members.. newer members can be turned away due to "not having enough points".
lots of othe sites that have them, the admins regret inserting them... so, I'm still a bit iffy on that
Yeah, you're right to be Jarrod, they're really not that great.

bulls12

Reaction score
I need to be active like i was about a month ago, i will probably be able to very soon. i have basketball tryouts next week, and i am doubting i will make the team, so i'll certainly be more active.

i do like a majority of the new ideas. i personally wouldn't like the points system, because of several of the reasons that jarrod stated.

#8 on cejis's list is a good idea IMO.

Josh10_10

The Realist Baller
Reaction score

11. Update Affiliates

14. Bring back SOTW

1. I'm just gonna leave skins alone, it doesn't really matter to me personally, I'm sure the rest of you will figure something out, but good idea non-the-less.

2. Yeah this is good, pretty general, but on target. If we don't go with team forums, maybe add some subforums with trade rumours, and whatever else we come up with. Also merge idea 13 with this, and add trash talk as a subforum.

3. I seen some guys are starting to do this... never a bad idea.

4. Yeah, the newsletter is a big job, but if we can get somebody to commit to this, it's really popular. I'd suggest bi-weekly just because it's such a big job.

5. We experimented with front pages before, and I never really liked it.. I think somebody already mentioned that most of us just skip over it to the forum, and also posting sports info or whatever on it just kinda defeats the purpose of a forum, so I'm a no for this.

6. I've already said I'm a big no to this. It just doesn't work.

7. Sure.

8. I think the article team is trying to turn it around, so let's hope that works out.

9. If we can find some, sure, but usually they want special treatment.. i.e. their staff wants to jump on our staff and everything.

10. Seems a little far out..

11. Sure.

12. We could do a trial run and if there's enough activity, then sure.

13. See #2.

14. Yes!

15. Yeah, this would be fun. Just gotta try and make it trivia that can't be googled searched. And if you can get that under control, then yeah maybe set it up so people PM somebody everyweek, and then if you get it right, you get a point or whatever on the leaderboard. I like this idea better than if everyone's racing to be the first because we're all on here at different times.

16. Yeah, this is basically just an activity thing.

17. That'd be cool, not a big deal, but ammusing still.

18. Possibly, Hellllll No!, Hell No!, Slim Chance.

Cejis33

Serve the Servants
Reaction score
20. have an idea team that makes up ideas and keeps the board fresh

21. have SI wallpapers that people can use for their desktop

22. make an SI toolbar for the internet, it can have a latest topic and such on it

23. advertise on big sites, Sports Ilustrated, ESPN, IGN

24. have and SI AIM download where u can download all of the SI members AIM's

25. have a reason to come here. what will make SI special from other boards? What is different and unique about SI that will make members join and stay.

26. Make it so every ___ posts you unlock a new part of the forum, weather it be CAPS, Edits, GFX, In-Depth sports, articles, music or w/e

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think we need a point system, kinda pointless to me.

Also I really don't like the Team idea for like NBA and stuff, whenever sites go to that, their NBA discussion goes down the toilet, no one wants to dig through all the divisions and find just 1 team.

Sabbath

Reaction score
You know, while we are looking on ways to improve the site, we might as well bring back cb4 and lakerfan. They had good quality posts and were active on the teams.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
FBB
You know, while we are looking on ways to improve the site, we might as well bring back cb4 and lakerfan. They had good quality posts and were active on the teams.
An idea to consider, but they haven't changed a bit. They were also kicked off Marcum28s site a while ago.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Let's not go with the point system. What really would be the point for it? I can't think of any really good reasons to get one, and what they would be used for.

Sabbath

Reaction score
Anyone else like this idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Toggle Sidebar

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%